UPSC CDS 2 2020 Notification and Dates
CDS 2 2020 Notification: UPSC has been announced the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination II 2020 (CDS Exam II 2020). UPSC CDS Exam 2020 (II) is held for recruiting applicants for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year. The applicants willing to apply for CDS Exam 2020 can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in. This recruitment consists of 344 posts under Combined Defence Service in the country. The last date to apply for the examination is till August 25, 2020.
यूपीएससी को संयुक्त रक्षा सेवा परीक्षा II 2020 (सीडीएस परीक्षा II 2020) के लिए अधिसूचना की घोषणा की गई है। UPSC CDS परीक्षा 2020 (II) भारतीय सैन्य अकादमी, भारतीय नौसेना अकादमी, वायु सेना अकादमी और अधिकारियों के प्रशिक्षण अकादमी द्वारा संचालित पाठ्यक्रम के लिए आवेदकों की भर्ती के लिए आयोजित की जाती है। सीडीएस परीक्षा वर्ष में दो बार आयोजित की जाती है। सीडीएस परीक्षा 2020 के लिए आवेदन करने के इच्छुक आवेदक यूपीएससी की आधिकारिक साइट www.upsc.gov.in के माध्यम से आवेदन कर सकते हैं। इस भर्ती में देश में कंबाइंड डिफेंस सर्विस के तहत 344 पद शामिल हैं। परीक्षा के लिए आवेदन करने की अंतिम तिथि 25 अगस्त, 2020 तक है।
Interested applicants can check out the CDS 2 2020 Notification, eligibility, registration process, exam pattern, admit card, selection procedure and more for CDS Exam 2020 Notification. इच्छुक आवेदक सीडीएस 2 2020 अधिसूचना के लिए सीडीएस 2 2020 अधिसूचना, पात्रता, पंजीकरण प्रक्रिया, परीक्षा पैटर्न, एडमिट कार्ड, चयन प्रक्रिया और बहुत कुछ देख सकते हैं।
CDS 2 2020 Exam Dates
Date of Notification
05th August 2020
Last Date to Apply Online
25th August 2020 till 06:00 PM
Last Date for Fee Payment (Pay by cash)
25th August 2020
Date of Online Application withdrawn from
01st Sept. to 07th September 2020 till 6:00 pm
UPSC CDS Exam 2 2020 Dates
08th November 2020
Duration of Exam:
Check out Indian Army TGC 2021
CDS 2 2020 Vacancies Details
- There is a total of 344 vacancies which includes. Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 151th (DE) Course commencing in July 2021 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] – 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course commencing in July 2021 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special entry) holders] – 26
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad-(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July 2021 i.e. No. 210 F (P) Course [03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry] – 32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) – 114th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in April, 2021 [(i) 170 vacs for SSC (Men) (NT) UPSC, (ii) 05 vacs for JAG (Men) (NT) April, 2021 Non UPSC and (iii) 50 vacs for NCC Special entry Non UPSC] – 169
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai – 28th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2021 – 17
Eligibility Criteria for CDS 2 2020 Exam
- Below are the CDS eligibility criteria for all the aspirants of the UPSC CDS Exam. Check the UPSC CDS Exam 2020 Eligibility below before blindly going for registration.
- Nationality: A applicants must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a applicant belonging to categories (I), (Ii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India
- Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of applicants who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal
- Applicant in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the exam provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before the declaration of result by UPSC.
Age Limit, Sex & Marital Status
- For IMA – Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2001 (Upper age limit for applicants holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2001) only are eligible.
- Note: Applicant below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married applicants above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Course for men) unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
- They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognized University or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation / provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Applicants who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided applicant should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block II, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
- in case of IMA/SSC first choice applicants and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice applicants and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice applicants by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand canceled:
- For admission to IMA on or before 1st July, 2021, Indian Naval Academy on or before 1st July, 2021 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May, 2021.
- For admission to Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st October, 2021
- Applicants possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2020 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
Also See: CISF AC LDCE Exam 2021
- Applicants (accepting Female/SC/ST applicants who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-I registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
Selection Procedure for CDS 2 2020
- The applicants will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy through Written Examination, Personality Test and Interview.
- The applicants will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and in the SSB tests. The final selection will be made in order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and the number of vacancies available.
CDS 2020 Exam Pattern
- The Competitive Examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown in para 2 below
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such applicants as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
- English – Duration: 2 Hours & Maximum Marks 100
- General – Duration: Knowledge 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
- Elementary – Duration: Mathematics 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
- English – Duration: 2 Hours & Maximum Marks 100
- General Knowledge – Duration: Knowledge 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
- Maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set
- The UPSC CDS examination will be conducted in various cities:
- The Exam will be held at the following Centres: Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam
- Applicants should note that there would be a ceiling on the number of applicants allotted to each of the centers except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta, and Nagpur
CDS 2 2020 Admit Card
- After the application forms have been filled and submitted the admit cards will be issued on the scheduled date. The admit card will be available on the official website upsc.gov.in
- The admit cards will not be sent by post. Applicants will have to take a print of the admit card and bring it with them at the time of examination. To download the admit card, applicants have to enter details such as RID and date of birth or roll number. Applicants can check the links to get full information regarding the admit card.
CDS Exam 2020 Registration Process
- Applicants are required to apply online only using the link upsconline.nic.in click here to apply
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination center, photograph, signature, fee, etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Applicants are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, SC/ST/OBC and fee remission, etc.
- The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website upsc.gov.in for downloading by applicants. No admission certificate will be sent by post.
- Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over telephone 011-2338527/011-23381125/011-23098543
- Kerala Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020
- JKSSB Recruitment 2020 Apply Online for 8575 Class IV Posts
- SSC JHT Recruitment 2020 Notification
- IBPS RRB 2021 Notification
- Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2020