NTA UGC NET 2021 (June) Notification
UGC NET 2021 (June) – National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the notification for the National Eligibility Test (NET) 2021 June Examination. The examination is scheduled to be conducted from 15th – 20th June 2021 (tentative) for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both at Indian University. See previous notification UGC NET 2020
The application should be submitted through online mode from 16th March to 16th April 2021 (tentative). Interested applicants can check out the complete details of UGC NET 2021 June application form, application fee, registration process, exam dates, schedule, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card and more on this post for NTA UGC NET Exam 2021.
Check out latest entrance exams 2020
UGC NET 2021 Exam (June) is conducted for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both in Indian University.
UGC NET 2021 (जून) – विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग (UGC) की ओर से राष्ट्रीय परीक्षण एजेंसी (NTA) ने राष्ट्रीय पात्रता परीक्षा (NET) 2021 जून परीक्षा के लिए अधिसूचना जारी कर दी है। जूनियर प्रोफेसर फेलोशिप या असिस्टेंट प्रोफेसर के लिए पात्रता या भारतीय विश्वविद्यालय में दोनों पदों के लिए यह परीक्षा १५ से २० जून २०२१ (अस्थायी) से आयोजित होनी है।
आवेदन 16 मार्च से 16 अप्रैल 2021 (अस्थायी) तक ऑनलाइन मोड के माध्यम से प्रस्तुत किया जाना चाहिए। इच्छुक आवेदक UGC NET परीक्षा 2021 के लिए इस पद पर UGC NET 2021 जून आवेदन पत्र, आवेदन शुल्क, पंजीकरण प्रक्रिया, परीक्षा तिथियां, कार्यक्रम, परीक्षा पैटर्न, पाठ्यक्रम, एडमिट कार्ड और अधिक की पूरी जानकारी देख सकते हैं।
UGC NET 2021 परीक्षा (जून) का आयोजन जूनियर रिसर्च फेलोशिप या सहायक प्रोफेसर के लिए पात्रता या भारतीय विश्वविद्यालय दोनों में किया जाता है।
Also See: CTET 2020 Exam Date
UGC NET 2021 Important Dates
|Starting of Application Form Submission||3rd week of March 2021|
|Last date for submission of Application form||3rd week of April 2021 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking/Paytm||3rd week of April 2021 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only||3rd week of April to end of April 2021|
|Downloading for Admit Cards||3rd week of May 2021|
|UGC NET 2021 Exam Date||3rd week of June 2021|
|First Shift||09.30 am to 01.00 pm|
|Second Shift||02.00 pm to 05.30 pm|
|Centre, Date, Shift and UGC-NET (Subject) Exam||As indicated on Admit Card|
|Declaration of Result||By 1st week of July 2021|
Fee Payable by Applicants
- General – Rs.800/-
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL) – Rs.400/-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender – Rs.200/-
- GST/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the applicant, as applicable.
Also See: UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020
UGC NET 2021 Exam Scheme and Schedule
|The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on June 15 to 20 in two separate sessions as under:|
|First Shift||09.30 am to 01.00 pm|
|Second Shift||02.00 pm to 05.30 pm|
|No of Question||50 objective type Questions (based on general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the applicant)|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
|No of Question||100 objective type Questions (based on the subject selected by the applicant)|
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Not more than 30 years as on 01st June 2020. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the applicants belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on Website www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the applicants having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from an appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the applicants possessing LLM Degree.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the applicants who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
For Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
Also See: UPSC IFS Exam 2020 Notification
- The applicants applying for UGC NET June 2021 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD applicants) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/Persons with disability (PwD) category applicants who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test.
- Applicants who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or applicants who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or applicants whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such applicants will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD category applicants).
- Such applicants must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent exam within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Applicants belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories.
- The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level exams have been completed by 19th September 1992 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Applicants are advised to appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. The applicants, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as Annexure-III, may appear in a related subject.
- Applicants having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute OR foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The applicants who have passed the UGC/CSIR/ JRF examination prior to 1990 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
For SET Applicants: The applicants who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2003, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
For SET held from 1st June 2003 onwards, the qualified applicants are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET 2021 Subject & Syllabus of Test
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper-II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options)
- The UGC-NET June 2021 will be based on new Syllabi available on the website: www.ugcnetonline.in.
- The list of NET subjects along with their respective codes can be checked from UGC Official website: www.ugcnetonline.in.
UGC NET Admit Card 2021
- The UGC NET 2021 Admit Card is issued provisionally to the applicants, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
- The applicant has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f 15th May 2021 onwards and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their Admit Card.
- In case applicants are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the applicant should approach the Help Line between 10.00 am to 05.00 pm.
UGC NET 2021 June Application Form
- Applicants can apply for UGC NET June 2021 in “Online” mode only. Submission of UGC NET Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website www.ntanet.nic.in. The Application in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a applicant.
- Applicants must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Applicants not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Applicants must ensure that Email Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only.
Fee Payable by Applicants
|General/ Unreserved||Rs 1000/-|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)||Rs 500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 250/-|
|Note:||Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the applicant, as applicable|