UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2022
UPSC IFS Exam 2022 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the application forms for Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam 2022 for recruitment to 90 posts of IFS Officers. Applicants can apply online from 02nd February 2022 till 22nd February 2022. Read on for more details on UPSC IFS Exam 2022.
UPSC IFS Exam 2022 Important Dates
|Date of notification||02nd February 2022|
|Last date to apply||22nd February 2022|
|Date of exam (Civil Services Preliminary)||05th June 2022|
|Date of exam (Mains)||20th November 2022|
Check out UPSC CISF (AC) LDCE Exam
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IFS Exam 2022
A applicant must either be:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or;
(e) A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that a applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
|Minimum age||21 years|
|Maximum age||32 years|
|Age relaxation is as follows|
|SC & ST||5 years|
Number of Attempts
|SC & ST||Till the age limit|
|PWD||9 (OBC), SC/ST (Till the age limit)|
- Selection procedure of Indian Forest Service Exam 2022 will be done in three stages – Preliminary Exam (MCQ type), Mains Exam (descriptive type) and Personal Interview.
- Qualified applicants of preliminary examination will be called for Mains Exam followed by personal interview for final selection.
Also Apply CDS Exam 2022 Notification
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2022
Applicants applying for Indian Forest Service Examination are required to appear in the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2022 and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination 2022 (Written and Interview).
UPSC IFS Preliminary Exam
|Paper||Total Ques.||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
UPSC IFS Mains Exam
|No. of Paper||6|
UPSC IFS Exam 2022 Application Process
- Applicants are required to apply online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of applicants for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam.
- Applicants who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination also, [subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the online application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Exam and the Civil Services Examination.
- GEN/OBC: Rs 100/-
- SC/ST/PH/Women: Nil