UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 Notification
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has been released the recruitment process of Civil Services 2021 with the announcement of application forms for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021 for approximately 712 vacancies. Candidates can apply from 04th March 2021 till 24th March 2021. Check out the complete details of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 vacancy, eligibility, age limit, application form, exam date, selection procedure, exam pattern, syllabus, apply online, etc for UPSC Civil Services 2021 Exam.
Check out UPSC Exam Recruitment
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 Important Dates
|Start Date of Online Application||04th March 2021|
|Last Date for receipt of Online Application||24th March 2021|
|Date of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination||27th June 2021|
|Preliminary Exam Result||August 2021|
|Main Examination||17th September 2021|
Also read Latest Government Jobs
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Exam for recruitment of Services and Posts mentioned below.
Name of the Post
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’ (IRS)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Also check out UPSC CISF (AC) LDCE Exam
Number of Attempts:
|SC & ST||Till the age limit|
|PWD||9 (OBC), SC/ST (Till the age limit)|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021
For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a applicant must be a citizen of India.
For other services, a applicant must be either:
- (a) a citizen of India, or
- (b) a subject of Nepal, or
- (c) a subject of Bhutan, or
- (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that a applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
Provided further that applicants belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
Applicant in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the exam but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Govt. of India.
- Applicant must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Applicants who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s exam but have not been informed of the results as also the applicants who intend to appear at such a qualifying exam will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Exam.
- All applicants who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Exam will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite exam with their application for the Main.
- Examination failing which such applicants will not be admitted to the Main Exam.
- In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a applicant who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified applicant provided that he/she has passed exam conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the exam.
- Applicants possessing professional and technical qualifications, which are recognized by the Govt. as equivalent to professional and technical degree, would also be eligible for admission to the exam.
|Minimum age||21 years|
|Maximum age||32 years|
|Age relaxation is as follows|
|SC & ST||5 years|
Selection Process for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021
- Selection procedure of civil services exam 2021 will complete in two stages – Preliminary Exam (MCQ type), Mains Exam (descriptive type) and Personal Interview.
- Qualified applicants of preliminary examination will be called for Mains Exam followed by personal interview for final selection.
Also See: UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 Application Form
- Online application form to be available from 04th March 2021 on https://upsconline.nic.in only.
- Applicants applying for the examination should ensure their eligibility criteria for appearing in Civil Services Exam 2021. Aspirants can check details on the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Applicants are required to apply Online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
- Online Applications can be filled up till 24th March 2021.
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- GEN/OBC: Rs 100/-
- SC/ST/PH/Women: Nil
UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern 2021
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam
|Paper||Total Ques.||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam
|Paper||Name of Paper||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper A||Indian language (objective)||3 Hours||300|
|Paper B||English (objective)||3 Hours||300|
|Paper I||Essay||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper II||3 Hours||250|
Check out State Govt Jobs