UPSC Assistant Commandant Recruitment Exam 2019
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2019: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the notification on its website regarding Central Armed Police Forces Assistant Commandants Exam 2019. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited applications for the post of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Interested applicants can apply at upsconline.nic.in or upsc.gov.in till 13th November 2019 (06.00 pm).
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Period for filling up DAF: 30th October 2019 to 13th November 2019, till 06.00 pm
- CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Date: To be announced
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam 2019
- The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on the first week of August 2020 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant 2019 Vacancy Details
- The tentative number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is as follows:
- Organization Name: UPSC
- Job Category: Central Govt Job
- Name of the Post: Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination
- Total – To be announced
- Reservation will be given effect to as per the policy of the Govt. 10% of the vacancies are earmarked for ex-servicemen
Eligibility Criteria for CAPF Assistant Commandant 2019
- No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Govt. signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules.
- Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
- Both Male and Female applicants are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
- Applicants must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 01st August, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1995 and not later than 01st August
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable
- up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to an SC or an ST
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of applicants belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such applicants.
- up to a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Govt. Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Govt., Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible.
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01st January 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989.
- Note I: Applicants belonging to the SC/ST & OBC classes who are also covered under any other clause of Para 3(III); above, viz. those coming under the category of Civilian Central Govt. Servants/Ex-Servicemen and persons domiciled in the State of J&K will be eligible.
- Note II: The term Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-Servicemen in the Ex-Servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules. Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
- No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification
- Applicants who have appeared at an exam the passing of which, would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s exam but have not been informed of the result as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying exam in the year 2016 will also be eligible for admission to the exam
- In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate, provided that he/she has passed an exam conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the exam
- Restriction on the reappearance of candidates finally selected/recommended earlier:
- Applicants who have been finally selected on the basis of an earlier exam to the post of Assistant Commandants in any of the forces participating in the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Exam will not be eligible to appear at a subsequent exam for recruitment of assistant commandants in the participating CAPFS.
- Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants), Exam 2019 specified in Appendix-V of the notice
- Medical Standards Tests, to check the standards specified in Appendix-VI, will be conducted only in respect of candidates who are declared qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test.
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2019 Application Form
- Applicants are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above-mentioned website www.upsconline.nic.in
- However, if due to any unavoidable situation, he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, exam center, photograph, signature, fee, etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the Commission shall entertain the application with higher RID (Registration ID) and fee paid against or RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID
- All applicants, whether already in Government Services, Govt. owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No.: 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 Hrs. & 17.00 Hrs.
Application Fee Details
- Applicants (accepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- “Pay by Cash” Mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 21st May 2019 i.e. one day, before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
- Applicants should note that payment of exam fee can be made only through the modes.
CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Centers 2019
- Exam Centres last year – Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Tirupati, Delhi, Madurai, Udaipur, Dharwad, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam, Dispur, Nagpur
- The centers as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant 2019 Selection Process
- The Selection Procedure/Scheme of the Exam will be as follows:
- Written Exam: The written examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission will be held on 01st week of August 2020 and will comprise two papers. Paper-I will be held from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 02.00 p.m. to 05.00 p.m.
- Paper-1: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 marks
- The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answer) types in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi
- Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 marks
- In this paper, applicants will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precise Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/language skills will be English only
- Note-I: Applicants should ensure that in Paper II they write the answers only in the medium allowed by the Commission for the different Components as mentioned above; no credit will be given for answers written in a medium other than the one allowed in the Paper
- Note-II: There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Paper-I will be evaluated first, and evaluation of Paper-II will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I
- Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Test will be called for interview/personal test to be conducted by UPSC
- Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally
- The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks
- Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces
- The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Exam and Interview/Personality Test.