UPSC CAPF Notification 2021 Apply for Assistant Commandant
UPSC CAPF 2021 Notification – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the much-awaited UPSC CAPF Notification 2021 on 15th April 2021 as per the official calendar of UPSC. The UPSC will be recruiting eligible applicants as an Assistant Commandant (AC) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). Through this recruitment, the selected applicants will fill up the AC vacancies in BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, and ITBP branches of CAPF. The recruitment is conducted once in a year by UPSC.
The Online application for the UPSC CAPF 2021 is active from 15th April 2021 to 05th May 2021. Applicants can check the UPSC CAPF 2021 eligibility criteria, Steps to Apply Online, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, exam centres, fees and other details below.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Highlights
|Here is a quick overview of the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam for the convenience of our readers.|
|Name of Exam||Combined Central Armed Police Forces Exam (CAPF exam)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Recruitment of the Year||2021-22|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|UPSC CAPF Notification||15th April 2021|
|Stage of UPSC CAPF Exam||Four Stages|
|Exam Fees||Rs 200/-|
|Negative Marking||0.33 marks for objective type exam|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
UPSC CAPF 2021 Important Dates
UPSC CAPF Notification Release
15th April 2021
Start date of online application
15th April 2021
Last date to apply online
05th May 2021
Issuance of Admit Card
July 2021 (tentative)
Date of Exam
08th August 2021 (Sunday)
Release of Answer Key
To be announced
Declaration of result
To be announced
Also See: UPSC Exam Calendar 2021
- A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 01, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Note: The candidates must be in possession of a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India for categories (b), (c), (d), and (e).
- Candidates must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 01st August 2021, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1996 and not later than 01st August 2001.
- Age Relaxation is given below as per the category of the candidate
- SC/ ST 5 years
- OBC 3 years
- Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir 5 years
- Defense Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area 3 years
- Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECO/SSCO 5 years
- PwBD 10 years
Also See: UPSC Indian Economic Service 2020
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification
- Candidates should have a passed Degree or equivalent from recognized Board/ University/ Institution.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- It is advised that the candidates keep a valid and active email id and contact no. throughout the UPSC CAPF Recruitment Process to receive all the updates related to it. The Steps to apply online for the UPSC CAPF 2021 Exam will comprise of two stages:
- Registration/Login/The steps to apply online is given below
- Click on the www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on the Apply link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in the application window.
- Provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Click on the submit button to the completed online registration form.
- After the Registration, a Registration ID and a password will be sent to your mobile no. and email id.
- Login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for UPSC CAPF AC 2021
- Upload the photograph and signature.
- The candidates will then required to verify the details. Preview and verify the application form carefully.
- Lastly, pay the required application fee online.
- Take out a print out of the application form for future use.
- The application fee can be paid with either online mode or offline mode.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
- SC/ST/PWD/Female – Exempted
- General and Others – Rs. 200/-
- The candidates will be selected through the following four stages of Exam:
- Written Exam – The written examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission will be held on 08th August 2021 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview/Personality – Test
- Final Selection / Merit
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. The criteria for the Physical Efficiency test is given below.
100 Meters race
In 16 seconds
In 18 seconds
800 Meters race
In 3 minutes 45 seconds
In 4 minutes 45 seconds
Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)
UPSC CAPF 2021 Exam Pattern
- The Exam Pattern for the UPSC CAPF 2021 Assistant Commandants is given below:
- The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will be held on 08th August 2021 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper I will be the General Ability and Intelligence of 250 Marks
- Paper II will be General Studies, Essay and Comprehension of 200 Marks
- In Paper II the candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
Also See: UPSC IES 2021 Notification
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020
|Paper & Syllabus|
|Paper-I (10am-12pm)||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective type; 250 marks|
|Paper-II (2 pm- 5 pm)||General Studies, Essay and|
|Subjective type; 200 marks|
- Admit card or E-admission certificate will be issued to a candidate 3 weeks before the commencement of the exam
- Candidates can download their respective admit cards from the official website of UPSC, upsconline.nic.in as well as through this website.
- The candidates will require their RID (Registration ID) and date of birth or roll number and date of birth or name, father’s name, and date of birth to download the admit card.
- The following are the details required to download UPSC AC Admit Card 2021.