GSET 2021 Gujarat State Eligibility Test Notification
GSET 2021 Notification: The Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Agency, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara has published the notification for Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Examination 2021. The Gujarat State Eligibility Test (Gujarat SET) for Assistant Professor to be conducted on 26th December 2021 at six centers viz., Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Patan and Bhavnagar in 23 subjects.
The online application form will be available till 21st July 2021 for the post of Assistant Professor for 23 subjects at 11 Centres spread across Gujarat State. The GSET 2021 Exam will be conducted on 26th December 2021
Gujarat GSET 2021 Details
- Name of the Board: Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Name of the Exam: Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2021
- Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
Also Apply TNSET 2021 Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test
GSET 2021 Important Dates
|Notification Release Date:||21st June 2021|
|Online Application Start Date:||21st June 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online:||21st July 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee:||21st July 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date:||19th December 2021 (tentative)|
|Exam Date:||26th December 2021|
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET)
- On behalf of the Gujarat State, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, the Nodal Agency announces holding of the 15th Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) on 26th December 2021 (Sunday) for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s candidates for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State.
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, State Agency will conduct GSET in 23 subjects at 11 Centres in Gujarat.
Also See: SSA Assam Teacher Recruitment 2021
Subjects GSET 2021
- Mathematical Science, (02) Physical Science, (03) Chemical Science, (04) Life Science, (05) Hindi, (06) Gujarati, (07) Sanskrit, (08) History, (09) Sociology, (10) Economics, (11) Political, Science, (12) English, (13) Education, (14) Psychology, (15) Library and Information Sciences, (16) Law, (17) Commerce, (18) Management, (19) Computer Science and Applications, (20) Physical Education, (21) Philosophy, (22) Home Science, (23) Geography
GSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed/are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test
- The OBC belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/ PH/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree exam and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for the Test
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor /Lectureship only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates)
- Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree exam within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Exam with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Exam
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in the first two semesters of a four semester’s course of Master’s Degree cannot appear for this test
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET/UGC at any stage, their candidature will be canceled, and they shall be liable for legal action
- There is no upper age limit
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Examination. As per the UGC Rules
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/VH/OBC (Cast Certificate along with the latest Non-Creamy Layer certificate) category must possess Valid Category Certificate and certificates related to PH / VH.
- Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test
- In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be canceled and they shall be liable for legal action
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that Online Application Form and Exam Fee accepted, and Hall Ticket issued to a candidate will not imply that GSET Agency has accepted his/her candidature
- Their candidature will be deemed final only upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the claims made in their application, after the result of GSET Exam. In the event a candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason (including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc.), he / she will be declared as not-qualified in GSET Exam
- GSET Agency will not issue any mark sheet to qualified/not qualified candidates. The GSET Agency will issue a certificate to the qualifying candidates only on verification of the Eligibility Documents immediately after the result of the GSET Exam.
Also See: Maharashtra SET 2021
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- Exemption from GSET will be as per decisions are taken by the UGC and Government of Gujarat from time to time
- NET/SLET/ SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of assistant professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions
- Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of PhD Degree), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions”
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination are also exempted from appearing in NET
For SET Candidates
- Candidates, who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor/Lectureship held prior to 01st June, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India
- There is no age limit to apply for Gujarat State Eligibility test 2021
GSET 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- The online registration process for Gujarat State Eligibility Test has been started on 21st June 2021 and will be active till 02nd July 2021 on its official website gujaratset.ac.in/gujaratset.in
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at GSET Website and also to be shortly published in the local newspapers.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link “Online Registration” available on the GSET website gujaratset.ac.in
- The candidates is required to download the Bank Challan Proforma from the link available on the page entitled “Online Registration for Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship” on GSET website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the State of Gujarat and selected cities (Mumbai and Delhi) outside State of Gujarat, along with the Bank fee of Rs.25/-
Steps for Submission of Online Application Form
Step 1 – Pay Examination Fee
- Candidate has to visit GSET Website gujaratset.ac.in for fee payment. Examination fee and Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST), as applicable, can be paid only through online mode by Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / UPI.
- Follow on-screen instructions for payment of requisite fee and print examination fee receipt generated after successful transaction.
- Candidates should note down and preserve Order Number and SBIepay Reference ID for online registration of their application form (Step-2).
Step 2 – Register Online for GSET Examination
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format and should not be more than 100kb.
- Candidate has to visit the GSET website gujaratset.ac.in and provide Order Number and SBIepay Reference ID to “LOGIN” his / her account for filling up the Application Form for GSET Examination by clicking “Apply Online” button available under candidate’s Login Account
- Please fill correct information carefully in the online application form and follow the on-screen instructions for filling up the application form. Confirm that your Name, Fee Details, Subject, Centre, Category, Physically or Visually disability, recent passport size photo scanned in JPEG format and not be more than 100kb and all other details filled are correct. Otherwise, no correction will be made after you submit the application form. Gujarat SET Office will not be responsible for loss arising out of these to the candidates.
- The details of accepted applicants for the GSET Examination will be placed on our website after 10 days of the last date of submission of the application form. Any query including missing name, one can contact GSET, Vadodara through email: [email protected] within 5 days of declaration of the list.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of online Examination Hall Ticket on the day of examination.
- The candidate should note that the printout of the online Application Form, fee payment receipt or any other certificate or document is not required to be sent to the Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara before he / she is declared as qualified in the GSET Examination.
GSET Application Fee
- Rs.900/- + Bank Charges – General / Gen – EWS / SEBC (Non-creamy layer) Candidates.
- Rs.700/- + Bank Charges – SC / ST / Third gender Candidates.
- Rs.100/- + Bank Charges – PWD (PH/VH) Candidates
Mode of Payment
- Candidate has to visit the State Bank of India website for fee payment
- Exam Fee can be paid only through online mode by Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card using SB Collect facility of State Bank of India at the following link on State Bank of India website https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID=880773.
- The detailed instruction for fee payment is available on our website www.gujaratset.ac.in
- Follow on-screen instructions for payment of requisite fee and print examination fee receipt generated after successful transaction.
- Candidates should note down and preserve SB Collect Reference Number for online registration of their application form
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda – (O) 0265 – 2786337, Email [email protected], Website gujaratset.ac.in
GSET 2021 Exam Pattern
- GSET Exam will consist of 2 papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple-choice questions
- Paper-I will consist of 50 questions each carrying 2 marks.
- Paper-II will consist of 100 questions each carrying 2 marks.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- All questions are compulsory to attempt.
- Duration: 3 hours (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
|Paper||Specified For||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||To test Teaching/Research Aptitude||50||100||3 hours|
(9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
|II||Subject Selected by candidates||100||200|
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- The candidate must appear in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) / General-EWS category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories viz., SC, ST, SEBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer), PwD (PH/VH) and Third gender
- 13 Gujarat SET will be held at centres viz. Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Patan, Bhavnagar, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Godhra, Junagadh, Valsad and Bhuj
GSET 2021 Syllabus
- Syllabus for GSET Examination will be the same as UGC / CSIR NET. Syllabi for all Gujarat SET (GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the GSET Website gujaratset.in. GSET Agency, Vadodara will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
- For Science Subjects, i.e. Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences & Earth Sciences, the syllabus is the same as of the CSIR-NET. However, the examination Pattern will be the same as of the UGC-NET, described above. For all other subjects, the syllabus is the same as the UGC-NET.
GSET 2021 Hall Ticket
- It may be noted that the hall ticket will be uploaded on the website www.gujaratset.ac.in 7 days prior to Exam Day
- No hall ticket will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their hall ticket from the website to ascertain their venue of GSET Exam as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear in the exam only at the designated exam center
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam center other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket.
GSET 2021 Result
- The result of the GSET to be held on 26th December 2021 (SUNDAY) will be made available on the GSET websites: gujaratset.ac.in and www.gujaratset.in as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result