Maharashtra SET 2020 for Assistant Professor
MH SET 2020: The notification for Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor 2020 has been announced. Savitribai Phule Pune University, the State Agency will conduct 36th MH SET 2020 Examination at Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Solapur, Ahmednagar, Nasik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nanded, Amravati, Nagpur, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, & Panaji (Goa), centers on 28th June 2020 (Sunday). The forms will be available only online on the following website from 01st January 2020 at 11.00 a.m. onwards to 21st January 2020 till 06.00 p.m.
36th MH SET for Assistant Professor 2020 to be conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University
एमएच सेट 2020: सहाय्यक प्राध्यापक 2020 साठी महाराष्ट्र राज्य पात्रता चाचणीची अधिसूचना जाहीर केली गेली आहे. सावित्रीबाई फुले पुणे विद्यापीठ, राज्य एजन्सी मुंबई, पुणे, कोल्हापूर, सोलापूर, अहमदनगर, नाशिक, धुळे, जळगाव, औरंगाबाद, नांदेड, अमरावती, नागपूर, चंद्रपूर, गडचिरोली आणि पणजी (गोवा) येथे th 36 वी एमएच एसईटी २०२० परीक्षा आयोजित करेल. 28 जून 2020 (रविवार) रोजी केंद्रे. खालील संकेतस्थळांवर ०१ जानेवारी २०२० रोजी सकाळी ११.०० वाजता अर्ज ऑनलाईन उपलब्ध होतील. त्यानंतर २१ जानेवारी २०२० ते रात्री ०.०.00 पर्यंत.
Applicants can read the complete information regarding Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor 2020 like exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, fee details, selection process exam pattern, admit card etc on below post.
सहाय्यक प्राध्यापक २०२० साठी महाराष्ट्र राज्य पात्रता चाचणीसंबंधी संपूर्ण माहिती परीक्षेची तारीख, अर्ज अर्ज, पात्रतेचे निकष, शुल्काचे तपशील, निवड प्रक्रिया परीक्षा नमुना, प्रवेश पत्र इत्यादी विषयी संपूर्ण माहिती अर्जदार वाचू शकतात.
Maharashtra SET 2020
- State Eligibility Test (SET) for Assistant Professorship to be conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University (Formerly University of Pune) the Nodal Agency nominated by the Govt. of Maharashtra & Goa and accredited by UGC New Delhi. सावित्रीबाई फुले पुणे विद्यापीठ (पूर्वीचे पुणे विद्यापीठ) द्वारा नामित नोडल एजन्सीकडून घेण्यात येणार असिस्टंट प्रोफेसरशिपसाठी राज्य पात्रता परीक्षा (एसईटी) महाराष्ट्र आणि गोवा आणि युजीसी नवी दिल्ली द्वारा अधिकृत
- The SET, for the present, is being conducted in the subjects under the faculties of Arts, Science, Mental, Moral and Social Sciences, Commerce, Law, Management, Education & Physical Education. सध्या एसईटी कला, विज्ञान, मानसिक, नैतिक आणि सामाजिक विज्ञान, वाणिज्य, कायदा, व्यवस्थापन, शिक्षण आणि शारीरिक शिक्षण या विषयांत घेण्यात येत आहे.
Also read Latest Government Jobs
MH SET 2020 Exam Dates
- Commencement of online Application Form: 01st January 2020
- Last Date for Applying Online: 21st January 2020
- Last Date for Payment of Online Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking: 21st January 2020
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on the Website: 23rd January to 29th January 2020
- Availability of Admit Card on Website: 18th June 2020
- MH SET 2020 Exam Date: 28th June 2020 (Sunday)
SET Subjects, PG Courses & Post Graduation Subjects
- The SET would be conducted only in the following 32 subjects listed below. The candidates are supposed to appear for only one subject from the list.
- Marathi, Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Urdu, History, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Defence & strategic Studies, Home Science, Library & Information Science, Journalism and Mass Communication, Social Work, Public Administration, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Physics, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Geography, Computer Science & Application, Electronic Science, Forensic Science, Commerce, Law, Management (including Business Administration Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management), Education & Physical Education.
- The candidates with Master’s Degree in Public Services are eligible to appear in subject ‘Political Science’.
Also read Fresher Jobs
MH SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicants must have Master’s Degree recognized by UGC Candidates having Post Graduate diploma/ certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/Diploma/Certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute should in their own interest ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from AIU, New Delhi (aiuweb.org).
- The candidates other than SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT/NT category, who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s or equivalent exam are eligible for this test. OBC/SBC/DT/NT (belonging to non-creamy layer) and SC/ST/PH/VH (PH & VH-Visually i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent exam are eligible for this test.
- Applicants who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying (final) master’s degree exam and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose exams have been delayed may also apply for this Test.
- Such applicants who clear SET exam will be issued the certificate after they have passed their Master’s degree exam with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH and OBC/SBC/DT/NT category candidates and submit their PG mark sheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET exam.
- Candidates can appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- To apply for the SET there is no upper age limit.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- Exemption from SET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and State Govt. from time to time.
MH SET 2020 Selection Procedure
- Maharashtra SET Selection Process will be done in two stages: First is Written Exam & Second is Interview. The qualifying applicants in the Written Exam will be called for Interview to be held as the final round of selection.
- The selection of the applicants will be based on cut off marks, if the candidates scores more than the cut off marks then they will be eligible for the next process and then they would be considered for the other selection process, and then applicants will then be able to get the post for which they had applied.
Also check more Teaching Jobs
MH SET 2020 Exam Pattern
The SET will be conducted in Objective Mode. The test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day of Examination in two separate sessions without break as under:
Number of Multiple Choice Questions
50 questions all of which are compulsory
50 x 2 = 100
1 hour (10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.)
100 questions all of which are compulsory
100 x 2= 200
2 hours (11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.)
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It is primarily designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Paper I shall consist of fifty (50) objective type compulsory questions of two marks each.
- Paper I has 4 sets with 4 different Test Booklet Codes viz. A, B, C, D. Student has to ensure that the same Test Booklet Code is pre-printed and pre-shaded on the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) of Paper I.
- Paper-II shall consist of hundred (100) objective type compulsory questions, (except mathematical science) based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks. In Mathematical Science, a student has to attempt all questions (100) either from Sections I & II or from Sections I & III only. The OMR sheets of the candidates attempting questions from both sections II & III, will be rejected.
- Paper II of each subject has 4 sets with 4 different Test Booklet Codes viz., A, B, C, D. Student has to ensure that the same Test Booklet Code is pre-printed and pre- shaded on the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) of Paper II.
- Top part of the OMR sheet will be given to each student along with Admit Card to practice writing and shading of Seat No., Subject Code (For all 2 Papers) and Test Booklet Code (Only for Paper II).
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (The syllabi of earlier Papers II & III) (INCLUDING ALL ELECTIVES.). There will be no negative marking.
MH SET 2020 Exam Centers
- The SET Exam will be conducted at the following 15 centers only – Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Nashik, Jalgoan, Aurangabad, Nanded, Amravati, Nagpur, Goa, Solapur, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Ahmednagar and Dhule.
MH SET 2020 Application Fee
- For Open Category – Rs.550/-
- For OBC/SBC/DT (A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)(Non Creamy Layer Category only)/ SC/ST/PH/VH – Rs.450/-
- The exam fees should be paid by a challan at any branch of HDFC Bank or Bank of Maharashtra.
Also read State Govt Jobs
MH SET 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Those who are eligible they must apply online for Maharashtra SET through the official website setexam.unipune.ac.in.
- Procedure for Submission of Application Form
- Please go through all the details like important dates, Eligibility Criteria before filling up the online Application form for Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor (SET).
- Before filling the actual Application Form you should fill User Registration Form with details such as your email I.D. and date of birth etc. For filling User Registration Form, first click on Apply Now button on Home page. Then click on “Click here if you are New User”. After furnishing the said details, you can fill up the online SET application form with user registration Email ID and Password.
- The Username & password will also be mailed to your specified Email ID for your reference. It is essential for the candidate to remember his/her Username and Password for getting his/her Admit Card online prior to 10 days of the SET Exam.
- Once you get registered with Email ID & password, Login into system with the same Username & Password to fill up the application form. Only after your verification, you will be in a position to fill an Application form for Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor (SET).
- Click on Step 1: Fill Main Application Form and fill all the information carefully as per given instructions. Once you fill all the details, check all information is correct or not and then click on the “Submit” button.
- Then you can see the preview of your filled Application form by clicking on Step 1 i.e. Fill Main Application Form. Now you cannot update your filled application form. After completing Step 1 system will generate the unique Application Number for your application.
- After completing Step 1 click on Step 2: Upload Scanned Photo and Signature where you have to select the image files for your passport size photo (Max size :50kb JPG or JPEG File) and Signature (Max size :30kb JPG or JPEG File) for uploading. Please check and confirm both images before uploading to the system.
- After completing Step 2, click on Step 3: Payment and Print Application Form, where candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit/ debit card and Internet Banking.
- Credit/ Debit card and Internet Banking: Only after successful transaction, you can take print of Application Form. Print of Application form will be of two pages, first page is Application form and second page is Online Payment Transaction Details.
- Check whether you have printed all the 2 mentioned pages. If your form is valid (with all details, eligibility criteria), Online Hall ticket will be made available to you 10 days before the exam
- Hall ticket will not be sent to the candidates by post. You have to take a printout of the Admit Card (Hall Ticket), by clicking “Print Hall Ticket” option by entering your Username and Password.
- Candidate has to come with this Printout of the Admit card and Photo Identity Proof at the time of the SET Exam.
Also read MH SET 2020 Advertisement in English PDF
Also read MH SET 2020 Advertisement in Marathi PDF
MH SET Admit Card 2020
- Admit Cards will be provided online to all applicants 10 days prior to the date of the exam on website setexam.unipune.ac.in. Applicant shall enter his/her Username and password for getting printout of his/her Admit Card.
- Applicant must carry admit card and also one additional photo identity such as a driving license, college/university identity card, pan card etc. to the examination center on the Day of the Exam.
- Before applying Online, applicants are advised to go through detailed notification available on SET website (http://setexam.unipune.ac.in). Please note that fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO, Challan etc. will be summarily rejected.