Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TN SET 2021) for Assistant Professorship
TNSET Exam 2021 Notification – Annamalai University has released Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test Notification for Assistant Professor. Interested Candidates can apply for TN-SET for up to 07th July 2021
This year the eligibility test was going to be conducted for 26 subjects. Candidates who cleared TN-SET will get advantages in recruitment of Assistant Professor at various University and Institution in Tamil Nadu
TN SET Exam 2021 Notification
- Name of the Board: Annamalai University
- Name of the Exam: Tamil Nadu – State Eligibility Test
- Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
TNSET 2021 Important Dates
- Commencement of online Registration: 07th June 2021
- Closing of online Registration: 07th July 2021
- Dates for Data corrections: Will be announced later in the website
- Date of uploading of Hall tickets: Will be announced later in the website
- Test Date: Will be announced later in the website
- Date of uploading of answer keys: Will be announced later in the website
- Time window for grievances representation: Will be announced later in the website
- Date of uploading of revised answer keys: Will be announced later in the website
- Date of result publication: Will be announced later in the website
Also See: Indian Army Soldier GD Recruitment 2021
TNSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no upper age limit for applying for TNSET 2021 examination
- A minimum of 55% marks without rounding off (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the Masters level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/ PwD (Persons with Disability)
- Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) (including deaf-blindness)) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment
- The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to19 September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result).
- A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Masters level shall also be considered valid
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree Programme or the candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for
- Assistant Professor / Lecturer after they have passed their Master’s Degree exam with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/PwD (Persons with Disability)) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their Master’s Degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for TN-SET examination as are applicable to SC/ST/ PwD categories. The subject wise cut-off for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD categories in the corresponding subject.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Postgraduation only.
TNSET 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test (TNSET-2021) must apply online only on the website http://www.tnsetau.in/
- The candidates have to read this notification carefully before submission of the Online Application Form On behalf of Tamil Nadu State Government, Annamalai University shall conduct the State Eligibility Test (TN-SET 2021) for determining the eligibility of Tamil Nadu Students for the position of Assistant Professor in Tamil Nadu Universities and Colleges. The TN-SET examination will be conducted in General Studies and 26 subjects in pen and paper mode (OMR based) or online mode if the pandemic persists, in various centres spread over across the State.
- The eligibility for Assistant Professor depends on the performance of the candidate in both papers of TN-SET in aggregate. The candidates who qualify in the test for eligibility of Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities/Colleges/State Governments, as the case may be.
- The result of the TN-SET will be made available on the website: tnsetau.in as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
- General Candidates – Rs. 1500/-
- BC/ BCM/ MBC/ DNC – Rs. 1250/-
- SC/ SCA/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender – Rs. 500/-
- Fee should be paid through Net banking or with Debit/Credit cards. Any other mode such as DD or IPO or Money order will be rejected.
Also See: Gauhati High Court Recruitment 2021
TNSET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Will be conducted through the Offline Mode (Pen Paper Based)
- Question Types: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Format
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, +2 Marks will be allotted
- Negative Marking: There is no Negative Marking Scheme
- Exam Medium: Question Paper will be in English and Tamil Language
- Sessions: There will be a total of three sessions.
- Papers: There will be a total of 2 Papers
- Paper I [100 marks; 50 questions all are compulsory; Duration 1 Hr 20 Min. (09.30 am to 10.30 am)]
- Paper II [200 marks; 50 questions all are compulsory; Duration 2 Hrs 40 Min. (11.00 am to 01.40 pm)]
TNSET 2021 Syllabus
- Reasoning Ability
- Divergent Thinking
- General Awareness
TNSET 2021 Hall Ticket
- It may be noted that the Hall ticket will be uploaded on the website tnsetau.in
- Hall Ticket will not be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their hall ticket from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear for the examination only at the designated examination centre
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket.
Nodal Centres of Exam
- The centres where examination will be conducted in Tamil Nadu State with their respective codes are given below. The candidate can select any one Examination Centre for TN-SET 2021 examination
- Chidambaram; Chennai; Coimbatore; Erode; Karaikudi; Madurai; Salem; Thanjavur; Tiruchirappalli; Tirunelveli; Vellore; Villupuram.