GPAT 2020 Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Notification
GPAT 2020 Notification: National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the National Level Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) for 2020 session on 28th January 2020 for facilitating AICTE approved Institutions, University Departments/Constituent Colleges/ Affiliated Colleges to select suitable candidates for admission in Post Graduate Pharmacy Programmes for the academic year 2020-21. Applicants can check out the complete details of GPAT 2020 like eligibility, application form, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus for GPAT Exam 2020.
GPAT 2020 Details
- National Testing Agency (NTA) had successfully conducted the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2020 (GPAT-2020) for admission to various M.Pharma or its equivalent courses across the country. The 800 participating institutes of GPAT 2020 were the institutions that had accepted the GPAT Score.
- The GPAT 2020 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on the same pattern as per the Year 2019 i.e., Computer Based Test on January 28, 2020, from 02.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m. for admission to M. Pharma or its equivalent courses across the country. The result of GPAT 2020 will be declared by February 7, 2020, as GPAT Score which will be accepted by over 800 participating Institutes. The participating Institutes of GPAT-2020 are the Institutions that will be accepting the GPAT Score. Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT-2020 participating institutes with the GPAT Score 2020.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT-2020 on their respective websites.
GPAT 2020 Important Dates
- GPAT 2020 Registration Starts from: 01st November 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 30th November 2019
- The date for Successful Transaction of Fee: 01st November 2019 to 01st December 2019 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service up to 11:50 pm)
- Choice of City: 01st November 2019 to 02nd December 2019 (up to 11:50 p.m.)
- GPAT 2020 Exam Date: 28th January 2020 (Tuesday)
- Timing of the Exam: 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 pm
- Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website: 24th December 2019
- Declaration of Result on NTA’s website by 07th February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for GPAT 2020
- The candidates shall have to satisfy all the eligible conditions so as to apply for the examination. The GPAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria are illustrated here. The aspirant must satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria at the time of applying for GPAT 2020.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students) or equivalent from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the academic year 2020-21 can also apply for GPAT-2020 computer-based test (CBT).
- B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT 2020.
- For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable to that particular institute. In the case of institutes run by Central Govt.,10% of the seats are reserved for Category General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for the category SC, 7.5% for the category ST & 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the “ Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL)
- Each category will have 5% horizontal reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016).
- Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer (OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on NCBC, Govt. of India website
- Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General
- The categories of disabilities are:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness, and
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
GPAT 2020 Application Fee
- Boys – Rs 1600/-
- Girls – Rs.800/-
SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
- Boys – Rs 800/-
- Girls – Rs. 800/-
- **Procedure for Payment of Fees and Service/ Processing Charges & Goods & Service Tax (GST) to be paid is given in Appendix-IV
Admission Process through GPAT
- The detailed merit list will be provided to the respective state governments for allotting the students through central counseling or otherwise as per their notified admission procedure.
- In case there is no central counseling, scores awarded will be used for admission in the AICTE approved institutes/university departments.
- The Cities where the GPAT 2020 will be conducted are given in Appendix-III in the information brochure available on the official website.
GPAT 2020 Application Form
- Candidates have to apply for GPAT 2020 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website www.gpat.nta.nic.in.
- The GPAT Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected
- It is suggested that you have the following ready before starting the filling of the application form:
- All your qualification details
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
- A valid email Id as all communication will be made on this e-mail Id
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account for online payment
- A printer connected to your system to print the confirmation page
- No corrections can be made at a later stage after the submission of an application. No change will be accepted through offline mode i.e. through fax/application including email etc.
Five Steps to Apply Online GPAT 2020:
- Step-1: Fill in the online Application Form and Note down the system generated Application Number
- Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Passport size Photograph (between 10 kb–200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-3: Make a payment of fee using Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, PayTM and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
- Step-5: Choose the city for giving the examination GPAT-2020
- The final submission of the online Application form will remain incomplete if Step – 2 Step – 3, Step – 4 and Step – 5 are not completed. Such forms will be rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained
- The entire application process of GPAT – 2020 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees and Printing of Confirmation page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation page to NTA through Post/Fax/ By Hand/E-mail.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for the latest updates and to check their emails.
- The NTA can make use of the data generated for the purpose of research and analysis.
GPAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- The medium of Question Paper is English only
- GPAT is an online computer-based test of 3 hours duration with 125 objective type questions.
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect response, 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- To answer a question, the candidates need to choose one option corresponding to the correct option.
- However, after the process of challenges of the key, if more than one option is found to be correct then the multiple correct options will be given the four marks (+4).
- Any incorrect option marked will be given minus one mark (-1). Un-answered/Un-attempted will be given no marks. In case, the question is dropped/ignored, all candidates will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the candidate.
GPAT 2020 Syllabus
- Check out the complete details of GPAT Syllabus 2020