CDS Exam (II) 2021 Notification
CDS Exam 2021 Notification – UPSC has been announced the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination II 2021 (CDS Exam II 2021). UPSC CDS Exam 2021 (II) is held for recruiting applicants for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.
The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year. The applicants willing to apply for CDS Exam 2021 can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in. This recruitment consists of 339 posts under Combined Defence Service in the country. The last date to apply for the examination is till August 24, 2021.
CDS 2021 Highlights
- Name of Exam: Combined Defence Services
- Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission
- Frequency of Exam: Twice a year
- Type of Exam: Written Test (objective type) and Interview
Also Apply Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2021
UPSC CDS II 2021 – Vacancies
- The total number of CDS 2021 vacancies will be released along with CDS II 2021 Notification
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 153rd (DE) Course commencing in July 2022 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] – 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Course commencing in July, 2022 Executive Branch (General Service)/Hydro [including 03 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special Entry ) holders ] – 22
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2022 i.e. No. 212 F(P) Course – 22
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 116th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2022 – 116
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 30th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2022 – 16
- Total No. of Vacancies (Combined Defence Services) – 339 Posts
Check out Indian Army TES 2021
CDS II 2021 Important Dates
- UPSC CDS 2 Notification: 04th August 2021
- Opening Date of UPSC CDS 2 Application: 04th August 2021
- Last Date of UPSC CDS 2 Online Application Form: 24th August 2021
- Online Applications can be withdrawn from: 31st August to 06th September 2021
- Exam Date 2021: 14th November 2021
- Result Date 2021: To be announced
- Interview Date 2021: To be announced
- Final Result Date 2021: To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for CDS II 2021
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the CDS II 2021 exam. Candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria of the UPSC CDS exam at the following levels:
- A candidate should be:
- The Citizenship of India, or
- The subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugee who had been migrated to India before July 01, 1962 with the intention of Permanent Settle, or
- An individual of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire & Vietnam for permanent settle purpose in India.
- For IMA – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2022 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2002 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2003
Check out Indian Army TGC 2021
- Check the educational qualification requirement of UPSC CDS II 2021 exam for different job posts from the table below.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognized University or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation / provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Applicants who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided applicant should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block II, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
- in case of IMA/SSC first choice applicants and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice applicants and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110106 in case of Air Force first choice applicants by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand canceled:
- For admission to IMA on or before 01st Jul, 2022, Indian Naval Academy on or before 1st January, 2022 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May , 2021.
- For admission to Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai on or before 01st Oct, 2022
- Applicants possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Exam (II), 2021 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply online through official website upsconline.nic.in from 04th October to 24th August 2021 by following steps:
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination center, photograph, signature, fee, etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Applicants are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, SC/ST/OBC and fee remission, etc.
- The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website gov.in for downloading by applicants. No admission certificate will be sent by post.
- Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over telephone 011-2338527/011-23381125/011-23098543
- Upload a scanned copy of the same Photo ID, Photograph & Signature
- Select your examination center
- Add Payment details and accept Declaration
- Print a copy of the application form for future use
- Applicants (accepting Female/SC/ST applicants who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-I registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- The applicants will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy through Written Examination, Personality Test and Interview.
- The applicants will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and in the SSB tests. The final selection will be made in order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and the number of vacancies available.
CDS II 2021 Exam Pattern
- Written Examination
- Intelligence & Personality Interview
For IMA INA & OTA
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
For Officer Training Academy (OTA)
- The duration of the two exams is 4 hours (2 hours for each exam)
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
CDS 2021 Exam Centers
- The UPSC CDS examination will be conducted in various cities:
- The Exam will be held at the following Centres: Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam
- Applicants should note that there would be a ceiling on the number of applicants allotted to each of the centers except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta, and Nagpur
CDS 2021 Admit Card
- After the application forms have been filled and submitted the admit cards will be issued on the scheduled date. The admit card will be available on the official website upsc.gov.in
- The admit cards will not be sent by post. Applicants will have to take a print of the admit card and bring it with them at the time of examination. To download the admit card, applicants have to enter details such as RID and date of birth or roll number. Applicants can check the links to get full information regarding the admit card.
CDS II 2021 Syllabus
- Candidates are required to check the entire syllabus of the CDS 2021 Exam for its thorough preparation.
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Math
UPSC CDS II Pay Scale
- Captain (Level 10 B) – 6,13,00-1,93,900
- Lieutenant (Level 10) – 56,100 – 1,77,500
- Lieutenant Colonel (Level 12A ) – 1,21,200 – 2,12400
- Major (Level 11) – 6,94,00 – 2,07,200
- Brigadier (Level 13A ) – 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Colonel Level 13 – 1,30,600-2, 15, 900
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale (Level 15) – 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
- Major General (Level 14) – 1,44,200-2,18,200
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) (Level 17) – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- HAG+Scale (Level 16) – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
- COAS (Level 18) – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
- MSP to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15,500 p.m. fixed