Assam SLET Notification 2020 – State Level Eligibility Test, Application Form, Dates
Assam SLET 2020 Notification – North East State Level Eligibility Test (formally known as Assam SET or Assam SLET) This Examination for North East Region, Assam conducts State Eligibility Test (SET) for lectureship. Member States – Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Sikkim and Tripura. Check out NE SLET 2020 eligibility, age limit, application form, selection procedure, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, exam centers, admit card and more for Assam SLET 2020.
Assam SLET 2021 Highlights
Assam State Level Eligibility Test
Assam State Capital Region Development Authority
Offline Mode (PPT)
01 Hours 15 Minutes
Concept of SET
- In order to maintain a uniform standard of graduate and post graduate teaching throughout the country, the Govt. of India through its notification in 1988 stated that only those candidates would be considered eligible for a post of lecturer, who besides fulfilling the minimum academic qualifications for it, also qualify in comprehensive test, NET to be conducted for the purpose
- Similarly, a proposal was put forward for constituting the North-East State Level Eligibility Test (NESLET) on conduct such a test for the aspirant candidates of the North-Eastern Region
- It was subsequently constituted as SLET Commission Assam (N.E. Region). The name of the Test has again been modified as SET (STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST)
Assam SLET 2020 Important Dates
Commencement of Online Registration Released
20th October 2020
Last date to submit the online Application form
14th December 2020
The last date to deposit the exam fee in the bank
16th December 2020
Issuance of Admit Card
To be Announced
Assam SLET 2021 Exam date
14th February 2021
The release of the final answer key
To be Announced
Declaration of Result
To be Announced
Eligibility Criteria for Assam SLET 2020
- Any Indian National who have secured atleast 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/institutions recognised by UGC. However the SC, ST, PWD Category, the OBC belonging to non-creamy layer who have secured atleast 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master degree or equivalent exam are eligible to appear in the Test.
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing at the final qualifying Master degree (final year) examination and result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination have been delayed may also apply for this Test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of pass certificate only after they have passed the Master degree exam or equivalent exam with atleast 55% marks in case of unreserved category and atleast 50% marks in case of OBC (Non-creamy layer), SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
- Such applicants must obtain Master Degree within 2 (two) years from the date of concerned SLET result with required percentage of marks failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Applicants are eligible to appear in the subject of their Post-graduation only. The candidates whose Post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects as appeared in item 5 (i) may appear in related subject.
- Applicants belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fees, age and qualifying criteria as are available to SC/ST/PWD Category. The subject wise Cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC (NCL) categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D degree holders whose Masters level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks. (i.e from 55% to 50% for appearing in SET.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Asstt. Professors. Candidates who qualify in the Test are eligible to apply for the post of Asstt. Professor within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission. They will be issued a Pass certificate and the validity period of the certificate is forever.
- There is no age limit.
- A candidate can avail any number of chances
Assam SLET 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applicants must submit their Test (application) forms in On-line process only. The concerned website for the purpose is sletneonline.co.in
- Applicant seeking admission to the test must apply online through website sletneonline.co.in; before applying online, applicants should keep the scan copy of his/her certificates, passport sized coloured photograph and signature ready with duly attested and signed by the candidate
- Duly attested M.A/ M.Sc./M.Com. certificate and Mark-sheet should be uploaded only along with the photograph and signature; attested copy of SC/ST/OBC* along with non-creamy layer certificate / PWD category certificate, if applicable, from authorized person should be uploaded
- The size of each of the scanned photo & signature should be within the range of 5 to 50kb and properly cropped; before submitting the form, applicants will get a chance to modify his/her application detail
- Once submitted, portal will generate a unique Application ID. The applicants are required to note down carefully the unique Application ID for all future references including Admit Card Downloaded
- Applicants are to down-load their Admit Cards from the website sletneonline.co.in. The Admit Cards will not be sent through post to the individual candidates
Application Fee for SLET
- For General Applicants – Rs. 1200/-
- For OBC (Non-creamy layer) Applicants – Rs. 1050/-
- For SC/ST Applicants – Rs. 1000/-
- For PWD Applicants – Rs. 800/-
- Name and address of Co-ordinators cum Officers-in-charge of SET Centres.
SLET Exam Pattern
- The Assam SLET will consist of three papers and it will have objective type questions of the following forms
- Paper I: Total marks will be 100 marks – 60 out of which 50 questions (to be attempted)
- Duration – 01 Hours 15 Minutes
- In the event of the applicant attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- The question paper will contain the topics of reasoning, teaching aptitude.
- Paper-II: Total marks will be 100 marks – 50 questions (all are compulsory)
- Duration – 01 Hours 15 Minutes (10.30 AM to 11.45 AM)
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Total marks will be 150 marks – 75 questions (all are compulsory)
- Duration – 02 Hours 30 Minutes (01.00 PM to 3. 30 PM)
- All questions of Paper-II and Paper – III are compulsory, covering the entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
Scheme of Test
|The Test will consists of two papers. All the two papers will have only objective type questions of the following forms:|
|(c)||Assertion and Reasoning|
|(d)||True and False|
|The test will be held on a day in two separate sessions|
|1.||First||I||100||50 question||1 Hours (10.00 AM to 11.00 AM)|
|2.||Second||II||200||100 questions||2 Hours (11.30 AM to 1. 30 PM)|
Assam SLET 2020 Syllabus
|There is a different syllabus for the Assam SLET examination and the applicants must have to prefer for preparation.|
|Name of Subjects||Subject Code|
|Assamese 01||English 02||Economics 03||Education 04|
|History 05||Philosophy 06||Political Science 07||Geography 08|
|Manipuri 09||Bodo 10||Bengali 11||Hindi 12|
|Anthropology 13||Sanskrit 14||Sociology 15||Arabic 16|
|Persian 17||Law 18||Commerce 21||Chemical Science 31|
|Life Science 32||Mathematical Science 33||Physical Science 34||Computer Science 35|
|Environmental Science 36|
- It is endeavored to make atleast one centre in each constituent University of the SLET Commission with a minimum 25 candidates. If the number falls short of this in a centre, then the candidates of that centre will be attached to the nearest centre.
Name of Centres
Rajiv Gandhi Central University, Itanagar
Sikkim Govt. College
SLET Admit Card 2020
- On the official website, the Assam SLET Admit Card will be uploaded. Those candidates have successfully submitted their Application Form, they can download the admit card.
- By submitting the Application number or Enrollment number in the required field, applicants can download the admit card. The applicants without admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.