NTA All India Sainik Schools Entrance Exam 2022
AISSEE 2022 – Sainik Schools Society (SSS) offers admission to Class VI and Class IX for the academic year 2022-23. Admission is based on the performance of candidates in the All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE). The final selection is based on school-wise, class-wise, category-wise rank in merit list of the Entrance examination, medical fitness approved by competent Medical authorities and verification of original documents.
AISSEE 2022 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). A candidate is allowed to apply for admission to only one Sainik School.
Sainik Schools Society (SSS) is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Defence, Govt of India. The Society runs Sainik Schools. Sainik Schools are English medium residential schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE). Sainik Schools prepare Cadets to join the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla (Pune), Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala and other Training Academies for officers. At present there are a total of 33 Sainik Schools across the country.
Sainik Schools offer admission at the level of Class VI and Class IX. Admission is based on the performance of candidates in the All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE).
Sainik School Society has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the AISSEE 2022 for admission to Class VI and Class IX for the academic year 2022-23. NTA will be conducting the AISSEE 2022 in the paper pen mode in 176 cities across India.
For eligibility, date of exam, application fee, scheme of exam, exam cities, how to apply, etc, candidates are advised to go through the Information Bulletin hosted on this website.
AISSEE 2022 Important Dates
|Activity||AISSEE 2022 Exam Dates|
|Online Submission of Application Form||27.09.2021 to 26.10.2021( Upto 5.00 PM)|
|Last Date of Successful Transaction of Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking/Paytm||26.10.2021 (Upto 11.50 PM)|
|Correction of details filled in application Form on Website only||28.10.2021 to 02.11.2021|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||Will be announced on the NTA website later|
|Date of Examination||09.01.2022(Sunday)|
|Duration of examination||Exam for admission to Class VI: 150 minutes|
Exam for admission to Class IX: 180 minutes.
|Timings of examination||Exam for admission to Class VI:|
2.00 pm to 04.30 pm
Exam for admission to Class IX: 02.00 pm to 05.00 pm
|Exam Centre||As indicated in the admit card|
|Display of scanned OMR answer sheets, Question Paper Sets and answer keys||Will be announced on NTA website later|
|Declaration of results||Will be announced on NTA website later|
Fee Payable by candidates in INR:
|General/Wards of Defence personnel and ex-servicemen / OBC(NCL)* as per central list||Rs 550/-(Rupees five hundred and fifty only)|
|Scheduled castes/Scheduled tribes||Rs 400/-(Rupees four hundred only)|
Candidates can apply for AISSEE 2022 “Online” only on the website https://aissee.nta.nic.in.The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted.
Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
If a candidate submits more than one Application Form for admission to the same level, all his/her Application Forms shall summarily be rejected.
Also See: NIOS Admission 2022
Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website https://aissee.nta.nic.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and mobile number provided in the online application form are their own or that of their parents, as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on given mobile number only.
Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Download and read the Information Bulletin carefully to ensure your eligibility.
- Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using unique Email ID and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-3: Upload the following documents:
- Scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (file size: 10 kb – 200 kb) in JPG/JPEG format
- Candidate’s Signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Candidate’s left-hand thumb impression. (file size 10 kb -50 kb) in JPG/JPEG format. (In case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste/ Community/ Category Certificate
- Certificate of service (for Defence category-serving) and PPO for Ex- servicemen, as applicable.
(The certificates as detailed above: File size (100 kb to 400 kb) in JPG or JPEG format).
(If the information given or documents uploaded are not correct or incomplete or cannot be corroborated with the required original certificates at the time of admission, the candidate is liable to be rejected and admission denied to him or her)
- Step-4: Pay fee using SBI/ICICI Bank/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee, then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
- Download save and print copies of confirmation page after successful remittance of fee and keep copies safely for future reference.
All the 4 steps can be done together in one go or at different times.
- The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-3 and Step-4 are not complete. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to keep the application number and password generated during registration confidential and use them to view registration data and download admit card, results etc.
- Any request to change the exam centre, date and time provided on the admit card shall not be considered under any circumstances.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- The entire application process of AISSEE 2022 is online, including uploading of scanned images, certificates, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand.
- 12. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA website https://aissee.nta.nic.in regularly for all examination related updates and to check their emails. However candidates are advised to visit the respective school website for information about the school.
- 13. Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, cap, goggles, jackets, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, formulae, Log Tables, whitener, Camera, Tape Recorder, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices, pointed instruments etc in the Examination Hall/Room.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- Mode of Examination: Paper pencil on OMR answer sheets for admission to both Class VI and Class IX.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
Scheme of Examination is as follows:
For VI Std.
|Marks for each correct answer||Total marks|
For IX Std
|Marks for each correct answer||Total marks|
AISSEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
For admission to Class VI:
- A candidate should be between 10 and 12 years as on 31 March 2022 for admission to Class VI, i.e. he/she should have been born between 01 April 2010 and 31 March 2012 (both days inclusive) for admission to the academic year 2022-23.
- Admission for Girls is open for Class VI. Age criteria is same as boys. Candidates are advised to check the availability of seats for girls from Appendix VI carefully.
For admission to Class IX:
- A candidate should be between 13 and 15 years as on 31 March 2022, for admission to Class IX, i.e. he/ she should have been born between 01 April 2007 and 31 March 2009 (both days inclusive) for admission to the academic year 2022-23. Admission to Class IX is not open for girls.
- He/ she should have passed Class VIII exam from a recognized school at the time of admission.
AISSEE 2022 Application Form
HOW TO APPLY FOR AISSEE 2022
- A candidate can apply for AISSEE 2022, online only at https://aissee.nta.nic.in
- Candidates are advised to
- a) Read the Information Bulletin carefully and ensure that they fulfil the eligibility requirements before applying.
- b) Go through Appendix VI of the Information Bulletin, on tentative vacancies in the various Sainik Schools and ensure that there are vacancies in the relevant category in the school being opted by them, before applying.
- c) Keep all required information such as scanned documents of photographs, signature, left hand thumb impression, birth certificate issued by the Municipal Committee/Board/Corporation or Registrar of Births and Deaths or transfer certificate, domicile certificate, caste certificates, service certificate as applicable, ID proof, credit/debit card for making payments, mobile phones for getting OTPs, etc before applying online so that the relevant document can be promptly uploaded.
Step I: Registration Page
- (i) Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name as in the school records. Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format as recorded in date of birth certificate/school records
- (ii) Identification Type: Candidates need to provide any one of the following identity details: School ID card or PAN Card or Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), or Passport Number or any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.
- (iii) Mobile Number and e-mail Address: Candidates must provide Mobile Number or email address (their own or that of their parents)
- (iv) Provide complete postal address with PIN Code (Correspondence and Permanent address) for further correspondence.
Step II: Fill in the complete Application Form
- The application particulars entered in Step-I can be edited before final submission of the Application Form except Mobile No. and Email address, which will not be changed after payment.
- Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer will be as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in, as on the first day of the month in which registration commences. Only the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State/ UT list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose “General”.
Step III: Uploading of scanned images
Candidate’s Photograph: to be uploaded
- Passport size Photograph (size: 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG or JPEG format.
- The photographs must be taken on or after 1st July 2021 preferably indicating clearly the name of candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. Photograph should not be with cap or goggles. The focus needs to be on face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background)
- Spectacles are allowed only if being used regularly.
- Polaroid and Computer-generated photos are not acceptable.
- Applications not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- Application without photographs shall be rejected.
- The photographs need not be attested. Candidates are advised to keep 6 to 8 passport size and colour photographs with white background.
- Candidates may note that if the photographs uploaded are found to be fabricated or defaced or seem to be hand-made or computer made etc, the application of the candidate will be rejected and the same will be considered as using Unfair Means(UFM) and the candidate would be dealt with accordingly.
- In case someone else’s or unrelated photographs have been uploaded, the candidature shall be cancelled and the case will be considered as using UFM. Criminal action as per laws of the country shall also be initiated.
Candidate’s Signature: to be uploaded
- The candidate should put his/ her full signature in running handwriting [not in capital letter] on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading.
- File size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb in JPG or JPEG format.
- Online Application Forms without uploaded signatures will be rejected.
- In case someone else’s signature has been uploaded, the candidature shall be cancelled and the case will be considered as using UFM. Criminal action as per laws of the country shall also be initiated.
- Candidate’s left hand thumb impression: To be uploaded
- A candidate should affix his/her left hand thumb impression on white paper with Blue Ink and scan for uploading. File size must be between 10 kb and 50 kb in JPG or JPEG format. Further, unclear left hand thumb impression in online application forms will also be rejected.
Note: Candidate must ensure that the uploaded images are clear and proper.
- The candidate should scan his/her domicile certificate, caste certificate or service certificate as applicable and the date of birth certificate for uploading. File size must be between 100 kb to 500 kb in JPG or JPEG format.
- If domicile certificate of the candidate is not available, the domicile certificate of the parent may be uploaded in the relevant field. Proof of domicile of successful candidates are to be furnished during admission.
- The residence/domicile certificate is to be issued by the concerned authority of State Government/Union Territory certifying that the person bearing the certificate is a domicile/resident of State/Union Territory to whom the certificate is being issued.
Step IV: Payment of Fee and Status of receipt of Online Application Form with Fee:
After completing Step III of online Application Form, candidates may remit the examination fee (Step IV) by choosing the following options:
- Select Debit/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI- Mode of Payment and Service Provider (Service/Processing charges per transaction & GST (as applicable) to be paid by the candidate) and complete the steps as instructed.
- Print the Confirmation Page after completion of Step-IV i.e. payment through Debit/Credit card/ Net banking/UPI through State Bank of India/ICICI Bank/Paytm as service provider.
- If candidate fails to complete all the steps upto Step IV, the final submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful.
- Generation of Confirmation Page confirms final submission of Application Form. If Confirmation Page has not been generated, this means that Application Form has not been submitted successfully.
Note: In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as follows:
If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status. For cancelled transactions, the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card after the last date of online submission of Application Form or the process of Fee Reconciliation.
A candidate can make changes in his/her form till payment of fee. He/she will not be allowed to make any changes in the form, after payment of the fee.