Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) 2022 for Admission to Class 9 for academic session 2022-23
JNV Selection Test 2022 for Class 9 Admission – Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has invited applications from the eligible candidates for admission to Class IX of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of the District, against the vacant seats, which are likely to be available during the academic year 2022-2023.
NVS Admission Class 9 2022: Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will start the NVS admission class 9 from November 2021 (tentative). Students of Class 8 are eligible for JNVST Class 9 admission. The last date to submit Navodaya vidyalaya admission 2022 class 9 form will fall in December, 2021 (tentatively). The admit card for the JNVST exam will be available online on navodaya.gov.in and nvsadmissionclassnine.in. Only the successful applicants can appear in the test of JNV admission class 9. Navodaya vidyalaya admission class 9 test is held to admit students in 646 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas located in 27 States and 8 UTs.
Candidates can check the details of the JNV Selection Test 2022 for Class 9 Admission such as application process, eligibility criteria, fee, etc from the page below.
About of NVS
|As envisaged in National Policy of Education (NEP), 1986, Govt. of India set co-educational residential institutions named Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas in 28 States and 07 UTs excluding Tamil Nadu. At present, there are 646 functional JNVs spread over 27 States and 08 UTs.|
|The main objective of these Vidyalayas is to provide quality modern education to the children predominantly from rural areas. Though the admission into these Vidyalayas is at VI class, it is intended to fill vacant seats with a lateral entry test at IX Class level.|
|Name of the Exam||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test|
|Conducting body||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)|
|Admission level||National level|
Objectives of the Scheme
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, children from rural areas irrespective of their family’s socioeconomic condition.
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities
JNV Selection Test for Class 9 Admission 2022 Important Dates
JNVST 2022 Exam Date (Tentative)
JNVST class 9 application form start date
Navodaya Class 9 admission 2022 form last date
Admit Card date
JNVST 2022 Class 9 Exam Date
NVS 9th result date
Eligibility Criteria for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Class 9 Admission 2022
- Only those candidates who are studying Class VIII during the Academic Session 2022-23 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
- Candidates appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2022-23 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2006 & 30.04.2010 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the SC/ST.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
- The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified are reserved for the SC/ST students. Tentative vacancy position mentioned in the notification may be referred
JNV Selection Test for Class 9 Admission 2021 Application Process
- Online applications may be submitted from November 2021. The candidate may refer to NVS Hqrs. Website www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in or website of JNVs.
- As JNV provides free education, therefore, there is no application fee for the JNV Lateral Entry Test 2022. Students from class IX to Class XI have to give only a nominal fee as per NVS policy.
- However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and families whose income is below the poverty line (BPL) are exempted from payment of fee.
- From class 9th there will be a fee of INR 600/- per annum.
- The wards of government employees need to pay Rs.1500/-
- There will be no fee for students of the SC/ST category
JNV Class 9 Selection Test Pattern
|Date of Exam||February 2022|
|Time Duration||2 ½ hours (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Centre for Exam||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya|
|Medium of Language||Both in English and Hindi|
|Type of Question||MCQs|
Composition of the Test
- Selection Test will consist of questions from the subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII.
Nature of the Selection Test
JNV Class 9 Selection Test 2022 Admit Card
- Admit Card for appearing at the Selection Test will be released for the candidates. If the candidates do not get the Admit Card, he/she must contact the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for obtaining the Admit Card.
- Link to download the admit card is provided below for the sake of candidates. To download the admit card, candidates have to use their Registration Number and password.
- Link to download JNV Lateral Entry Admit Card 2022 for Class IX will be available www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in
Result of Selection Test
- Result of the Selection Test may be noted from the application portal of NVS through which the application is submitted.
- Results will be notified in the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published in the website of JNVs concerned. Selected candidates will also be intimated by Speed post and SMS.
JNV Class 9 Selection & Admission
- Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon the candidate to secure admission into JNV till the candidate produces all the relevant certificates such as birth certificate, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate, if any, as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
- Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totalling.
- Candidates will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test
- At the time of admission, candidates belonging to SC/ST & OBCs categories will have to produce the required SC/ST or OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the candidates
JNVST Class 9 Admission Test Syllabus 2022
For better preparation, students must have knowledge of the complete syllabus and type of question asked in the JNV admission class 9 2022. The questions are asked from English, Hindi, Maths and Science.
JNVST Syllabus for Class 9 Test
Comprehension (Unseen Passage)
Conservation of Plants and Animals, Cell structure and Function
Word and Sentence
Crop Production and Management, Food Preservation, Microorganism
Squares and Square Roots
Synthetic fibres; Plastics; Metals and Non – metals
Cubes and Cube Roots
Rearranging jumbled words
Coal and Petroleum, Fossil Fue, Combustion and Flame
Exponents and Powers
Direct and Inverse Proportions
Use of degrees of comparison
Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Simple and Compound Interest
Light & Sound
Algebraic Expressions and Identities including Factorization
Use of prepositions
Chemical Effects of Electric Current
Linear Equations in One Variable
Mensuration & Data Handling
JNVST Class 9 Answer Keys 2022
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti does not release the JNV Selection test 2022 answer key for class 9. However, a few coaching institutes or online portals might release answer keys online. With the help of answer keys, students can check the right answer to all the questions asked.
JNVST Class 9 Admission 2022 Result
- Navodya Vidhayala Samiti will announce the NVS Class 9 admission 2022 result in online mode. The result will be announced in March 2022, after the declaration of result students need to visit the provided for verification of document. Selected students will be informed about JNVST Result 2022 by concerned principal via SMS on mobile number followed by speed post.