UPSC NDA & NA (II) Recruitment 2022 – Apply Online for 400 Vacancy
UPSC NDA 2 2022 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the registration process for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination II 2022 (NDA II) on its website.
Eligible and interested candidates can apply for UPSC NDA 2022 from 1st week of June to 4th week of June 2022 on UPSC Online website upsconline.nic.in. The online Applications can be withdrawn from 1st week of July 2022 to 2nd week of July 2022 till 06:00 PM
A total of 400 vacancies are available for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA, and for the Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from July, 2023.
NDA 2 Notification 2022 Highlights
- Conducted by: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Exam: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (NDA & NA) Written Exam
- For Joining: Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force) as an officer
- Level of Exam: National
- Frequency of Exam: Twice in a year (NDA 1 and 2)
Also See: Defence Exams after 12th
NDA 2 Exam 2022 Important Dates
- UPSC NDA II Notification Date: 1st week of June 2022
- Starting Date for UPSC NDA II 2022 Application Form: 1st week of June 2022
- Last date for online application for UPSC NDA II Registration: 4th week of June 2022 till 6 PM
- Online Application Withdrawn Date: 2nd week of July 2022
- UPSC NDA II Exam Date: 1st week of September 2022
- UPSC NDA II Admit Card 2022 Date: Expected in August 2022
- UPSC NDA NA II Result 2022 Date: To be announced
- UPSC NDA NA II Answer Key 2022 Date: To be announced
- UPSC NDA II Interview Date: To be announced
- Date for the NDA and the Naval Academy to be announced
NDA No. of Vacancy
- National Defence Academy – 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force (including 28 for ground Duties)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) – 30 Posts
- Total No. of Vacancies: 400 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam 2022
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii), above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2004 and not later than 01st January 2007 are eligible.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Exam (II), 2022 as per guidelines
- For Army Wing of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Naval Academy: 12th Class Pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or University.
- For Air Force & Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent exam can also apply
NDA 2 Exam 2022 Application Procedure
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in. The Online Applications can be filled up to 29th June, 2022 (tentative) till 6:00 PM
- Applicant should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the applicant while filling up the online application form.
- The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the applicant is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB.
- Applicants are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II (A) Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those applicants who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the official website https://upsc.gov.in/
- Fee: Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
- Mode of Payment: Any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/ MasterCard/ Rupay Credit/Debit Card
NDA Exam 2022 Selection Process
- The UPSC shall prepare a list of applicants who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion.
- Such applicants shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where applicants for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS).
- Applicants with Air Force as one of the choices would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
- The selection will be done on the basis of:
- Written Test – 900 Marks
- SSB Interview/Personality Test – 900 Marks
NDA Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
- There will be objective-type questions on:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Maths (Post Code – 01)||120||300||2 Hours & 30 Minutes|
|General Ability Test (Post Code – 02)||150||600||2 Hours & 30 Minutes|
- There will Negative Marking for wrong answers marked
NDA Exam 2022 Syllabus
- UPSC NDA 2022 Syllabus will consist of subjects like Mathematics and General Ability. General Ability covers English, Chemistry, General Science and General Knowledge. Check syllabus topics in the table below:
- Mathematics: Matrices and Determinations; Algebra; Trigonometry; Differential Calculus; Integral Calculus and Differential Equations; Statics and Probability; Vector Algebra; Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimension
- General Ability Test: English; Chemistry; General Science; History Freedom, Movement; Current Events; Geography
Paper 1 – Mathematics
|Algebra||Matrices & Determinants||Trigonometry|
|Differential Calculus||Analytical Geometry 2D & 3D||Integral Calculus|
|Differential Equations||Vector Algebra||Probability|
Paper 2 – Part A – English
- The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Paper 2 – Part B – General Knowledge
NDA Exam Centres
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam
NDA 2 Exam 2022 Admit Card
- NDA admit card will be made available one month before the exam i.e. in the first week of August according to the official notification. Applicants are required to enter their Registration ID and Date of Birth in order to download the NDA admit card 2022.
- Details like name of the applicant, roll number, exam centre, date and time of the examination, venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card
- Applicants are also required to carry valid ID proofs and two passport-sized photographs to the exam centre.
NDA 2 Result
- The result will be announced on the official website of UPSC. UPSC NDA Result 2022 Date will be available in the detailed notification.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: How to join NDA?
Answer: To join NDA applicant must appear in the entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission, this exam is conducted twice a year, normally in March and August. Applicant must be an unmarried male. To join NDA one must pass written exam followed by SSB, medicals and finally to be in merit list.
Question 2: What is NDA?
Answer: National Defence Academy (NDA) is an entrance exam organized at the national level for the applicants who wish to be a part of Indian Navy, Air Force and Army
Question 3: Who will conduct NDA exam?
Answer: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the NDA entrance exam.
Question 4: What happen after NDA exam?
Answer: All the cadets joining the NDA after their 10+2 Examination are trained in the Academy for three years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Question 5: How many applicants apply for NDA 2022 examination?
Answer: Around 4 lakh applicants are applying for NDA examination 2022.
Question 6: How to join NDA after 10th?
Answer: No, applicant is not eligible for NDA exam after class 10th. Applicant should pass class 12th examination from recognised board or it’s equivalent
Question 7: How to apply for Examinations conducted by the UPSC?
Answer: Applicants can apply online for the UPSC Examinations by accessing the online portal hosted on the UPSC’s website (https://upsconline.nic.in)
Question 8: Which category of applicants is exempted from payment of Examination fee?
Answer: For all the Examinations conducted by the Commission, Female applicants, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) and applicants belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories are exempted from payment of Examination Fee.
Question 9: Will UPSC Postpone NDA 2 2022 Exam?
Answer: Till now notification for the same has not been released. If it will be released then will be updated here on the Yosearch page.
Question 10: How to crack NDA exam?
Answer: To crack NDA exam it’s necessary to make a proper note of all topics. Revision is must and also it will really help to solve Questions of previous year’s.
Question 11: When NDA exam held?
Answer: Mostly, it is conducted in April by the UPSC.
Question 12: How many times NDA exam held in a year?
Answer: NDA exam is held twice a year; NDA 1 & NDA 2.