Defence Entrance Exams After 12th
Defence Exams After 12th: A career in Indian Defence Forces is definitely a highly respected career. Students after Class 12th can opt for various Career Options and sit for different Entrance Exams for Class XII students. Through these Entrance Exams after class 12, students can gain admission to various courses, defence is one of them. To be a part of these elite forces and to get an opportunity to serve the country, lakhs of applicants appear for different defence exams every year. In this post, check out the different Defence recruitment exams conducted in India for class 10+2 pass outs.
NDA Exam (National Defence Academy and Naval Academy)
- The National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (NDA & NA) exam are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice every year.
- The NDA Exam comprises of 2 stages: an offline test and SSB Interview.
- After successfully passing these phases, candidates join the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, where they undergo a 3-year course.
- After completion of this course, cadets of the army proceed to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, cadets of the Air Force proceed to Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad and cadets of the navy proceed to the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala., where they undergo a one-year training, before being selected into the concerned services as officers.
Scheme of NDA Entrance Examination
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
- Mathematics (01) – 2-½ Hours (300 Marks)
- General Ability Test (02) – 2-½ Hours (600 Marks)
- Total of 900 Marks
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of Mathematics and part “b” of the General Ability Test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as in English.
Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme
- Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Force. Indian Navy B.Tech Cadet Entry Scheme (Permanent Commission) is the entry scheme for unmarried male candidates to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala for a four-year degree course. The selection for this course is done through JEE Main Scores – All India Rank.
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed about their selection for SSB interviews on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by the candidate in their application form.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages.
- Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test, and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day.
- Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days.
Successful applicants will thereafter undergo Medical Exam (approx. duration 03-05 days)
- Applicants recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be selected for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala, based on All India Merit and number of vacancies. All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for the four years B. Tech Course in Applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialization) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B.Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Indian Navy Sailors
- Sailors are recruited in the Indian Navy in various capacities:
- Eligibility for recruitment as Indian Navy Sailor – Applicants who have passed their 10+2 examination with 60% or more in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India are eligible for these Indian Navy AA and SSR (Sailor) posts.
Entrance Exam for Indian Navy Sailor AA & SSR
- Selection of recruits is based on the All India order of merit on their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- The question paper is bilingual (Hindi & English) and of objective type. The question paper contains questions from English, General Knowledge, Science, and Mathematics.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 Syllabus & sample papers for the examination are available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES)
- TES is conducted for those class 12th pass out students who are from the PCM background.
- This is a Technical entry meant for class 12th pass out students (Science stream) with minimum 70% Marks and having Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects
- Applicants are shortlisted based on final TES cut off marks. Only shortlisted candidates are called for the TES SSB interview.
Duration of Training: 5 Yrs (1 Yrs OTA Gaya & 4 Yrs CTWS)
- Phase-I: 01 Year Pre-commissioning Training at OTA Gaya & 03 Years at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow/MCEME Secunderabad.
- Phase-II: 01 Year Post commission training at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow/MCEME Secunderabad.
Check out Indian Army TES 2020
Indian Air Force Airman in Group ‘Y’
- Indian Air Force conducts the exam for the recruitment of Airmen in Group Y (Non-Technical).
- These exams are conducted for the 10+2 level and candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria, specified in the notification can apply for it.
- The Written Test will be objective type and question paper shall be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper. The duration of the written test will be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- Adaptability Test-1: All candidates who pass the Written Test shall undertake Adaptability Test-1 on the same or subsequent day depending on the local conditions. Adaptability Test – 1 is to assess the suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions.
- Adaptability Test-2: All applicants who pass Adaptability Test-1 will have to undertake Adaptability Test-2 as per policy in vogue. Adaptability Test-2 is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of the Indian Air Force and are able to adjust to the military way of life.
Check out Indian Air Force Airman Recruitment 2020
Opting for a career in the country’s defence forces is rewarding because one gets to serve the nation and safeguard the boundaries of the country. Defence personnel is held in high regard and so, students should aim to join this respectable profession.