Sail Bokaro Steel Plant Recruitment 2019 – Apply Online 463 Posts
SAIL OCTT Recruitment 2019: SAIL Bokaro Steel Plant has announced a notification for recruitment 2019 to the post of Operator cum Technician and Attendant cum Technician Trainee. Interested applicants can apply to the posts through the prescribed format on or before 11th October 2019.
- SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of Rs. 66,967 crores (FY 2018-19) is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, captive mines and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market
- SAIL, Bokaro Steel Plant invites online applications from energetic, result-oriented, promising and talented youth for the following posts for its existing & modernization units.
SAIL OCTT Vacancy Details
- Name of the Conducting Organization: SAIL Bokaro Steel Plant
- Name of the Posts: Operator-cum-Technician Trainee (OCTT), Attendant-cum-Technician Trainee (ACTT) & other
- Total No. of Vacancies: 463 Posts
- Job Type: Government Jobs
- No.: BSL/R/2019-04
- The post-wise category wise, discipline wise vacancy details are as follows
- Operator-cum-Technician Trainee
- Mechanical – 80
- Metallurgy – 100
- Electrical – 80
- Chemical – 10
- Ceramics – 10
- Instrumentation – 22
- Total – 302 (UR-121, SC-36, ST-79 OBC-36, EWS-20)
- Operator-cum-Technician (Boiler): 08 (UR-3, SC-1, ST-2, OBC-1, EWS-1)
- Attendant-cum-Technician Trainee (AITT): 153 (UR-62, SC-18, ST-40, OBC-18, EWS-15)
- Grand Total – 463 Posts
SAIL OCTT Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Opening Date of Online Application Form: 20th September 2019
- Last date for Submission of Online Application Form: 11th October 2019
Eligibility for SAIL OCTT Recruitment 2019
- Operator-cum-Technician Trainee: Matriculation and Three years full-time Diploma in Engineering from Govt. recognized institute in Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Chemical, Ceramics & Instrumentation discipline
- Operator-cum-Technician (Boiler): Matriculation and 3 years full-time Diploma in Engineering from Govt. recognized Institute with 1st Class Certificate of Boiler Competency
- Attendant-cum-Technician Trainee (AITT): Matriculation and passed All India Trade Test conducted by NCVT, Govt. of India after completing the stipulated period of training as Trade Apprentices in an Integrated Steel Plant.
- Operator-cum-Technician Trainee – 28 years
- Operator-cum-Technician (Boiler) – 30 years
- Attendant-cum-Technician Trainee (AITT) – 28 years
- Relaxation in the upper age limit is applicable to the reserved applicants as per the norms of the organization
- 05 years for SC/ST applicants
- 03 years for OBC applicants
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for applicants belonging to SC/ST category and 3 years for applicants belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer) category respectively with respect to posts reserved for them. Additional relaxation of 10 years in age to Persons with Disabilities
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM), who have put in not less than 6 months continuous service in the armed forces, will be allowed age relaxation to the extent of military service plus three years against reserved/ unreserved vacancies as per government guidelines
- Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 1/1/80 to 31/12/89 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- To be considered fit for employment, the applicant should be in good physical and mental health and should be able to perform his/her job effectively.
- Height – 155 cms for Male & 143 cms for Female
- Weight – 45 kgs for Male & 35 kgs for Female
- The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites
SAIL OCTT Recruitment 2019 Selection Procedure
- Eligible applicants for the above posts will be required to appear in Written Examination. The minimum qualifying marks in Written Exam will be determined based on 50 percentile score (for UR Category) and 40 percentile score (for SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL) & PWD applicants
- Applicants who qualify in the written exam will be called for Skill Test / Trade Test in the ratio of 1:3. Skill Test / Trade Test will be only qualifying in nature and the final merit list of applicants who qualify the Skill Test / Trade Test will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written examination only.
- The written test will comprise of a total 100 questions which are to be attempted in 90 mins
- Applicants with benchmark disabilities who are eligible for availing the facility of scribe will be allowed 30 mins compensatory time whether they use the facility of scribe or not.
SAIL OCTT Recruitment 2019 Pay Scale
- Operator-cum-Technician Trainee – Rs. 10,700 pm during 1st year of training and Rs. 12,200 pm during the 2nd year of training
- Operator-cum-Technician (Boiler) – S3 grade Rs. 16,800-3% – Rs. 24,110
- Attendant-cum-Technician Trainee (AITT) – Rs. 8600 pm during 1st year of training and Rs. 10,000 pm during the 2nd year of training
SAIL OCTT Recruitment 2019 Application Fee
- Operator-cum-Technician Trainee – Rs.250/-
- Attendant-cum-Technician Trainee – Rs.150/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ ESM & Departmental Applicants – Nil
- Pay the Examination Fee through internet banking account or credit card/ debit card/ cash at SBI branch, through SBI collect.
SAIL OCTT Recruitment 2019 Application Form
- Eligible and interested applicants would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website: sail.co.in (Career with the sail). No other means/mode of application will be accepted
- Before applying the applicants should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be the provisional and mere issue of admit card/interview call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature
- Candidature of a registered applicant is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the applicant is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if the applicant fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his eligibility
- Provision to pay the application fee for the post as applicable (non-refundable)
- Applicants can opt to pay through internet banking account or credit card/debit card/cash at SBI branch, through SBI collect. SC/ST/PwD/ESM/Departmental applicants are exempted from payment of Application fees