VSSUT Odisha M.Tech Admission 2016 | M.Tech Application
M.Tech Admission 2016 at Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla (Odisha)
The Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Odisha, Burla has invited application for admission to the full-time Regular M.Tech Program offered by various Departments for 2016-17 sessions.
Dept. /Specialization with Intake
Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering (18 Seat), Water Resource Engineering (18 Seats), Transportation Engineering (18 Seats), Geotechnical Engineering (18 Seats), Environmental Science & Engineering (18 Seats).
Computer Science & Engineering & IT: Computer Science & Engineering (18 Seats).
IT – Information and Communication Technology (18 Seats).
Electrical Engineering: Power System Engineering (18 Seats), Power Electronics Control & Drives (18 Seats), Instrumentation & Control (18 Seats).
Electronics & Telecomm Engineering: Communication System Engineering (18 Seats), VLSI Signal Processing (18 Seats), Microwave Engineering (18 Seats).
Mechanical Engineering: Production Engineering (18 Seats), Machine Design & Analysis (18 Seats), Heat Power Engineering (18 Seats).
Production Engineering: Manufacturing System Engineering (18 Seats), Robotics & CAD-CAM (18 Seats).
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech Admission
Applicants satisfying the following criteria are eligible for admission to M.Tech Programs in VSSUT, Burla.
- The minimum qualification for admission to any M.Tech Program is B.Tech/equivalent in the relevant discipline.
- Applicants with degrees considered equivalent to B.Tech such as those obtained in the exams conducted by Professional bodies (such as AMIE and AMIM) are also eligible.
All such applicants seeking admission to any M.Tech Program must have secured 60% (or 6.5 CGPA) in B.Tech or equivalent exam (Section-B for AMIE).
The following procedures shall be adapted for selection of applicants for admission into M.Tech Programs in VSSUT, Burla.
- Applicants with valid GATE score and satisfying requirement as specified in Section 1.1 & 1.2 can be given admission to any M.Tech Program on the basis of their GATE scores directly.
- When sufficient number of GATE qualified applicants is not available for admission to any M.Tech Program, students meeting the rest of the admission criteria can be admitted on the basis of merit as per the guidelines.
- For applicant without a valid GATE Score, the departments shall prepare the merit list on the basis of career marking as follows:
Total career marking: 100 marks
- 10th /equivalent Exam: 25 marks.
- +2 Science/equivalent Exam: 35 marks Or (CGPA/10) x 35 (on 10 point grade scale).
- Tech/Equivalent Exam: 40 Marks to be obtained = (Percentage of marks secured/100 x 40) or (CGPA/10) x 40 (on 10 point grade scale).
How to Apply?
The interested applicants may download the application form available in the University website www.vssut.ac.in and submit a hard copy of the signed completed application along-with non-refundable Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.500/- (Rs.200/- in case of SC/ST applicants) in favour of VSSUT, Burla payable at SBI, Burla (Code: 2034) or Syndicate Bank (Code: 8062) and send the same by Speed Post only so as to reach the Dean, PGS&R, VSSUT, Burla by May 07th 2016.
The envelope containing the application should be super scribed as “Application for M.Tech Program 2016” along with the name of the Department (Specialization) as applicable.
The authority reserves the right to accept/reject any or all the applications or the entire selection process without assigning any reason thereof.
Last date of Receipt of Completed Application Forms: May 07th 2016