UPSC Civil Services Exam 2016
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on August 07th 2016 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel and Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated April 27th 2016.
Details of Posts for UPSC Civil Services Examination
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
Examination Centres: Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Aligarh, Allahabad, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Aligarh, Allahabad, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Puducherry, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vishakhapatnam.
Plan of Examination
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages
Civil Services Preliminary Examination (objective type) for the selection of Applicants for the Main Examination and Civil Services Main Examination (written and interview) for the selection of Applicants for the various services and posts.
Number of Attempts
Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
Applicants who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply online again, in the detailed application form which would be made available them.
The main examination is likely to be held in December, 2016.
Eligibility for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2016
Nationality: For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a applicant must be a citizen of India. read more for eligibility
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2016 Application Fees
Applicants (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH applicants who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs.100/- (Rs hundred only) either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/Debit Card.
Applicants admitted to the main examination will be required to pay a further fee of Rs 200/- (Rs two hundreds only).
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam.?
Applicants are required to apply online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in…read more for apply online
Check out Study Materials for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2016
- UPSC: Civil Services Exam and Indian forest Service Exam Common Preliminary Exam Paper 1
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examinations Indian and World Geography: For UPSC and Other Civil Service Exams
- The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination
- Political Science (For Upsc Civil Services Preliminary Examination Optionals Paper)
- General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper – 1) 1st Edition
- The Pearson General Studies – Paper I for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations
- Spectrum’s Handbook For General Studies Paper-I UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2015
- Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims (CSAT) – Paper 1 & 2 – Set of 2 books: General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper 1 and 2
Important Dates for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2016
Last date for Receipt of Applications on May 27th 2016
Date of Examination on August 07th 2016