How to Apply UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2016 ..?
Applicants are required to apply online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
The applicants who are submitting multiple applications must note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
All applicants, whether already in Govt. service, Govt. owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the commission.
Persons already in Govt. service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office/Dept that they have applied for the examination.
Applicants are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, SC/ST/OBC/PD etc which will be verified at the time of the main examination only.
Admission Certificate: The eligible applicants shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
The e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by Applicants.
No admission certificate will be sent by post.
If a applicant does not receive his e-Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he/she should at once contact the Commission.
Check out Study Materials for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2016
- UPSC: Civil Services Exam and Indian forest Service Exam Common Preliminary Exam Paper 1
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examinations Indian and World Geography: For UPSC and Other Civil Service Exams
- The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination
- Political Science (For Upsc Civil Services Preliminary Examination Optionals Paper)
- General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper – 1) 1st Edition
- The Pearson General Studies – Paper I for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations
- Spectrum’s Handbook For General Studies Paper-I UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2015
- Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims (CSAT) – Paper 1 & 2 – Set of 2 books: General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper 1 and 2
Important Dates for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2016
Last date for Receipt of Applications on May 27th 2016
Date of Examination on August 07th 2016