Check here the details about UGC NET 2019 Notification exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, exam pattern. Also check out application dates, mode, fee and how to fill the application form for UGC NET 2019.
UGC NET 2019 (National Eligibility Test) will be managing by the National Testing Agency (NTA). UGC NET is conducted for the Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship for Indian national citizens. UGC NET is conducted twice in a year. Junior Research Fellowship honorees are also eligible to pursue research in their PG subject from IITs or other national institutions on the basis of this exam score. Applicants can also apply online for the post of Assistant professor in various universities and institutions.
UGC NET Exam 2019 Notification and Dates
Applicants can get the complete details like exam date, application form, how to fill apply online, admit card, exam pattern, eligibility, cut off, etc on UGC NET 2019 in this page.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Date (Tentatively)
Here, we have updated application dates of UGC NET 2019.
|Releasing of notification||February 2019|
|The opening of online of application||1st week of March 2019|
|Last date of applying||2nd week of April 2019|
|Correction in the application form||April 2019|
|Date of examination||July 2019|
UGC NET 2019 Application Form
UGC NET 2019 Application Form – Applicants can fill the application through online mode only. This exam is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of UGC. It is a national level eligibility test. It is the eligibility test for Indian nationals to become an Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship.
- Applicants should go through the guidelines given below to fill the UGC NET application form.
- Applicants can fill the UGC NET 2019 application form through online mode.
- The applicants can apply online from the first week of March 2019.
- The last date for applying online will be the second week of April 2019.
- Applicants have to fill the application form, upload the required images, pay the fee and take the confirmation page printout.
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the NTA office.
UGC NET Application Fee
Applicants can remit the application fee through credit/debit card or e-Challan (in cash to Syndicate /Canara/ ICICI bank). The application fee will be non-refundable or non-transferable in any circumstances. The application fee is given in below table:
How to Apply for UGC NET 2019
Applicants can check the procedure to apply in UGC NET 2019:
- Go to the official website (link will be given above).
- Click on ‘Apply for UGC NET 2019’ link.
- Read the generated instructions and click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online’ link.
- Enter the basic details like your name; email Id and Date of birth to get application number.
- After that click on ‘Submit’ button and application number will be generated.
- Now, fill the other required details in the application form and upload the photograph and signature.
- Upload photographs of minimum 4kb to 40 kb and signature of minimum 4kb to 30 kb in JPEG format.
- After that, select the payment mode to submit the fee.
- After successful payment of application fee, the applicant should check the fee payment status.
- If fee payment is ‘OK’, then the only applicant can print the confirmation page.
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The complete eligibility criteria for JRF and Assistant professor programs is given below:
- For Junior Research Fellowship, the upper age limit is 30 years as on 1st January 2019.
- No age limit for the Assistant Professor.
- The relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD and women category will be 5 years.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience and LL.M Degree (3 years) holders.
Qualifying Exam: Applicants those have the Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC can apply, PhD applicants can also apply.
Minimum Marks: It is necessary to have at least 55% marks in aggregate in the master’s degree. 50% marks for reserved categories.
Appearing Applicants: Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
Relaxation: There is a 5% of relaxation for PhD degree holders in aggregate marks. Such applicants should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September 1991.
Exemption (Eligibility for the Assistant professor)
NET/SET/SLET will be the minimum eligibility criteria for the Assistant Professors.
Applicants those passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted to appear in the exam.
For SET Applicants: Those qualified the SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. Such applicants can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those cleared the SET (1st June 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Papers: The exam will be consisting of two papers.
- Medium of Test: The medium of paper either Hindi or English depending upon applicant’s choice.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Marking Scheme: No provision of negative marking.
Paper I will be consist of the questions which will be of general nature and to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the applicant. It will basically be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the applicant.
UGC NET Admit Card 2019
The exam authority will release the UGC NET admit card 2019 one month prior to the examination. The applicants have to bring a photo identity card along with the printout of online Admission Card on the day of examination.
Without valid admission card, no applicant will be allowed to enter the examination hall. No, admit card will be sent to the applicants individually by post.
UGC NET 2019 Answer Key
After the successful completion of the NET examination, the exam conducting authority will release the answer key for all papers. The answer key for each paper will be released separately.
Applicants can challenge the OMR Sheet/answer key. For challenging the questions, applicants have to pay the Rs. 1000/- for each question. After revaluation of the objection from the applicants, the final answer key will be released.
UGC NET Result 2019
The UGC NET result 2019 will be declared after one month of the completion of the examination. The applicants can get their results by entering the application number, roll number, and date of birth.
The NTA will not issue the mark sheet for qualified or not qualified applicants. The NTA will mention the roll number of the qualified applicants those will be selected through written test. After one week of result declaration, the authority will also upload the marks of all the applicants secured in the exam.
UGC NET Cut-Off 2019
Applicants those wish to clear the NET exam, they have to score the cut-off marks given below. Those will secure the cut off marks will be considered for the fellowship.
The authority will also prepare the separate merit list. The subject-wise and category-wise merit list will be drawn for the applicants those will satisfy the cut-off scores. After the declaration of result, applicants can get their e-certificates from the UGC NET.