UCEED 2019: UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design) admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2019. Check out the complete details like exam date, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, admit card, exam centres and more details about UCEED 2019.
Check out the complete UCEED 2019 Notification and Dates..
Course Name: B.Des – 4 Years.
UCEED Exam 2019
Applicants seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree Program in Design (B.Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear in UCEED 2019.
The Applicants are offered admission in B.Des Program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur on the basis score obtained in Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2019.
B.Des Program at IDC, IIT Bombay
Industrial Design Centre (IDC) at IIT Bombay has a well-established Master of Design degree (M.Des) Program in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation Design, Interaction Design & Mobility and Vehicle Design as well as a PhD Program in Design.
Launchpad Academy learned about this recent development at the earliest and went through the UCEED brochure thoroughly.
UCEED 2019 Important Dates
|Submission of Online Application with Regular Fee:||09th October to 09th November 2018|
|Submission of Online Application with Late Fee:||10th November to 16th November 2018|
|UCEED Exam Date 2019:||19th January 2019 (Saturday)|
|Date of Admit Card Download:||01st January 2019 (onwards)|
|Date of Result Declaration (UCEED):||01st March 2019|
UCEED 2019 Application Form
Applicants must register for appearing in UCEED 2019. The application can be done ONLY online through the registration portal linked from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in.
Applicants should satisfy all three eligibility criteria see the UCEED 2019 eligibility criteria for APPEARING in UCEED 2019.
Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the Applicant does not meet any of the three eligibility criteria.
The application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
It will entirely be the responsibility of the Applicant to provide the correct information regarding the qualifying exam and category and upload the correct documents in the required formats in the registration form. Registration forms, incomplete in any way, will be summarily rejected and the registration will be considered invalid. The admitting institutes have the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of an applicant in accordance with the rules and regulations in force, if it is found that any information provided by the Applicant is incorrect or the registration is incomplete.
Detailed instructions for the online application are provided on the application portal.
UCEED 2019 Application Fees
Following is the application fee structure for UCEED 2019:
- For General/OBC-NCL Category: Rs.2000/- (Male); Rs.1000/- (Female) and Rs.2000/- (Third)
- For SC/ST/PWD Category: Rs.1000/- (Male); Rs.1000/- (Female) and Rs.1000/- (Third)
- The application fee shown above DOES NOT INCLUDE service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge.
- A late fee of Rs.500/- is applicable to ALL Applicants for applications done after that, and till the late application closing.
Detailed instructions related to the payment of application fee are given on the online application portal.
Also Check UCEED Registration 2019
UCEED 2019 Eligibility Criteria
An applicant, including a foreign national, must fulfil each and every one of the following three eligibility criteria to appear in UCEED 2019.
UCEED 2019 Age Limit
The Applicant should have been born on or after 01st October 1998 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after 01st October 1993 if belonging to the SC/ST or PwD Category.
UCEED Number of Attempts:
The applicant can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years; note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
UCEED Qualifying Exam
The Applicant should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2019 or; appearing in 2020. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des at IIT Bombay:
- For admission to B.Des, the Applicant should have passed in the qualifying exam. If a qualifying Board awards only letter grades without providing information on the passing grade on the grade sheet, the Applicant should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the passing grade and submit it at the time of online acceptance of the allocated seat.
- In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the B.Des admissions Committee will be final. Applicants should have qualified in UCEED 2019.
- The criteria, as specified above, is applicable to all the Applicants including foreign nationals.
- The final exam of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org)
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Exam conducted by a Board or University recognized by the AIU; final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Secondary School Exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects; any Public School, Board or University exam in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU
- HSC vocational examination
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- High School Certificate Exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Applicants who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) exam outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the exam they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII exam.
- In case the Class XII exam is not a public examination, the Applicant must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) exam earlier.
Also check UCEED Syllabus 2019
Reservation of Seats
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Govt. of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows:
- OBC-NCL – 27% of seats in the course
- OBCs (see the link www.ncbc.nic.in)
- Applicants belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled for reservation; such Applicants are treated as belonging to the general (GEN) (i.e., unreserved) category.
- SC – 15% of seats in the course
- ST – 7.5% of seats in the course
- PwD – 3% of seats from the parent category in the course
- 3% reservation for PwD Applicants, which is translated to 01 seat, will be cycled over in a 4-year period category-wise in the sequence, GEN, OBC, SC/ST.
UCEED Admit Card 2019
Applicants whose application is complete in all aspects will be able to download the admit card for UCEED 2019 from the online application portal (www.uceed.in) from the date specified below.
The admit card will bear the following details of the Applicant: Name, UCEED application ID, Roll Number for UCEED 2019, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination centre details and instructions to Applicants.
In case, admit card is not available for downloading the Applicant should contact the Chairperson, UCEED 2019 at IIT Bombay immediately via email or phone.
UCEED Exam Pattern 2019
UCEED 2019 exam will be conducted in the 19th January 2019 the exam pattern is given below. One thing which applicant should do is take the print of admit card, only then he/she will be entertained for exam.
- There will be ONE question paper of 3 hours duration
- The question paper will be in English
- The question paper will be administered through a computer-based test.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks
- Numerical Answer Type – 20 Questions & Total Mark – 80
- Multiple Select Question – 25 Questions & Total Mark – 100
- Multiple Choice Question – 40 Questions & Total Mark – 120
Also Check UCEED Question paper
UCEED 2019 Exam Centres
UCEED 2019 will be held in the following 20 cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur and Thiruvananthapuram.
Applicants should compulsorily opt three cities of their choice, in the order of preference, at the time of online application.