Diploma in Agriculture and Horticulture 2017 at TNAU Coimbatore | Agriculture Courses
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, TNAU Coimbatore has invited applications for admission to Diploma in Agriculture and Diploma in Horticulture Programs for 2017-18 sessions.
Duration: The Diploma in Agriculture and Horticulture Programs, each of two years (4 semesters) duration.
Eligibility Criteria for Agriculture and Horticulture Programs
A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to and fulfilling the following requirements.
- HSC/Equivalent – Academic Stream: Applicants should have studied and passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or) Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology in the qualifying examinations.
- HSC – Vocational Stream: Applicants who passed HSC under the vocational stream and studied Biology and Vocational subject Agricultural Practices (theory and practical) are eligible to apply.
- Number of Attempts to Pass: For the purpose of admission to the Diploma courses, the maximum number of attempts to pass qualifying examination is as follows:
- SC/Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar (SCA)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 03
- All other Communities – 02
Age Limit: Applicants should not have completed the age of 21 years on the first day of July of the admission year (as on 01st July 2017).
However, for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar/Scheduled Tribes there is no age limit.
TNAU Diploma Program Selection Procedure
Applicants will be selected on the basis of the marks in their qualifying examination and common ranking procedure with marks as calculated below. Single window counseling system is being followed for admission to all diploma programs and for campus allotment.
1. Academic Stream
- Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together – 100
- Physics and Chemistry taken together – 100
- Total – 200
2. Vocational Stream
- Biology -100
- Agricultural Practices (Theory and Practicals) taken together – 100
- Total – 200
The reservation categories are mutually exclusive and an applicant can opt for only one reservation category though the applicant may be eligible under more than one category. The reservation will be followed as per the orders of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu in vogue at the time of admission.
Category wise Reservation:
- Open Competition (OC) – 31.00%
- Backward Class (BC) – 26.50%
- Backward Class Muslim (BCM) – 3.50%
- Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC) – 20.00%
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15.00%
- Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyars (SCA) – 3.00%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 1.00%
TNAU Application Form 2017
The Online Application Form is available on the Website https://tnauonline.in the Applicants should fill the Application form through Online. Fill the application (complete all columns carefully).
After submission, your Registration Number and Password will be displayed and also sent to you by SMS (to your Mobile phone) and by e-mail.
The mobile phone number and e-Mail ID must be accessible by the applicant at all times for receiving further communications related to admission.
Download & Print the Application & send the Application along with the required Application Fee Rs.200/- for General Category/Rs.100/- for SC/SCA & ST Category, through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Dean (Agriculture) “Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore” and copies of Certificates to “The Dean (Agriculture) and Chairman (Admissions), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641003” on or before September 19th 2017 (05.00 PM).
Original certificates and documents must be produced for verification during counseling.
TNAU Application Deadlines
Opening of Online Application: August 25th, 2017
Last Date for Online Application: September 14th, 2017
Last Date for receiving Printed Application (By post): September 19th, 2017
Publication of Rank List: September 21st, 2017
Counseling: 27th and 28th September 2017
Registration for I Semester & Commencement of Courses: October 03rd 2017
Closure of Admission: October 13th, 2017