SSC GD Constable 2021 Recruitment Notification Out Apply Online for 25271 Vacancies
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 Notification – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has activated the online application link for the post of Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty) on 17th July 2021. All interested candidates possessing required eligibility can submit their SSC GD Application till 31st August 2021 by login into the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.gov.in
SSC GD Recruitment 2021 Constable Notification, Apply Online Dates, Online Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Pattern and other details are discussed in this page below.
SSC Recruitment 2021 Details
- Recruitment Body: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Post Name: Constable General Duty (GD)
- Job Category: Defense Job
SSC GD Constable Vacancy Details
- The total number of vacancies for SSC GD Constable 2021 exam has been released along with its notification. SSC has announced 25271 vacancies for the post of constables, in which 22424 posts are available for male candidates and for 2847 female Let’s have a look at the SSC GD Vacancies:
Also See: HARTRON SETC 2021 Application Form
Force and Category Wise Vacancy Details
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
- Dates for Submission of Online Applications: 17th July to 31st August 2021
- Last Date for Receipt of Online Applications: 31st August 2021
- Last Date for Making Online Fee Payment: 02nd September 2021
- Last Date for Generation of Offline Challan: 04th September 2021
- Last Date for Pthrough Challan (during working hours of Bank): 07th September 2021
- Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): To be informed later
Eligibility Criteria for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021
- Nationality/ Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India. Vacancies are state/ UT wise hence a candidate must submit domicile/ PRC against his state/ UT.
- 18-23 years as on 01.08.2021. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1998 and later than 01.08.2003.
- Permissible relaxations in upper age limit for different categories are as under:
- SC/ ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen – 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved) – 5 years
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC) – 8 years
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST) – 10 years
Also See: SSB Head Constable Recruitment 2021
- Candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
- Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as on the stipulated date will not be eligible and need not apply.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
- All the candidates who are called for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Matriculation in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before the cut-off date, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission
- The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification. It is reiterated that the result of requisite educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ Institute/ University by the specified date. Mere processing of the result by the Board/ University/ Institute by the cut-off date does not fulfill the EQ requirement.
Also See: DRDO Apprentice Recruitment 2021
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Eligible & interested applicants are required to register and submit an online form for the SSC Recruitment Constable GD Vacancies through the website ssc.nic.in from 17th July to 31st August 2021
- Applications must be submitted in online mode at the official website of the Commission i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I and Annexure-II of this Notice. Sample Performa of One-time Registration and online Application Form are attached as Annexure-IA and Annexure-IIA respectively.
- In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination, and, the date on which the photograph has been taken should be clearly printed on the photograph. Applications without such date printed on the photograph will be rejected. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible.
- Last date and time for submission of online applications is 31-08-2021 (23:30).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The Commission will not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
- Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form. After submission of the online application form, no change/ correction/ modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc. shall not be entertained
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
- Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 02.09.2021 (23:30 hours). However, candidates who wish to make the cash payment through Challan of SBI, may make the payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of the bank up to 07.09.2021 provided the Challan has been generated by them before 04.09.2021 (23:30 hours).
- Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown as ‘Incomplete’ and this information is printed on the top of the Application Form printout. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the ‘Payment Status” link provided in the candidate’s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Also See: BSF Recruitment 2021
SSC GD Constable Selection Process
- The selection will be done on the basis of:
Stage 1 – SSC GD Constable Online Exam
- Applications are found to be in order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Exam (CBE).
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
- There will be 100 questions on:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|| |
1 hour and 30 min
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
Stage 2 – SSC GD Constable Physical Test
- Candidates who will qualify in the online will be called for PET & PST conducted at various centres finalized by the CAPFs.
SC GD Constable PET
- Male – 5 Kms in 24 minutes
- Female – 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
For candidates of Ladakh Region:
- Male – 1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes
- Female – 800 metres in 4 minutes
SSC GD Constable PST
- General Male candidates – 170 cm
- General Female candidates – 157 cm
- ST Male candidates – 162.5 cm
- ST Female Candidates – 150 cm
- General, SC & OBC male candidates – 80/5
- ST – 76/5
- Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
Stage 3: SSC GD Constable Medical Exam
- SSC GD Constable Medical Examination (DME)
- Review Medical Examination (RME)
Also See: Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2021
SSC GD Constable Exam Admit Card
- Admit Card will be uploaded on the website of the concerned Regional Offices of the Commission in the month of at least one week before the exam (last week of July 2021).
SSC GD Constable Syllabus
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non- verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- Elementary Mathematics: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- English/ Hindi: Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.
- Answer Keys, in due course after the written examination, will be placed on Commission’s website. Candidates can submit objection, if any.
SSC GD Constable Result
- A merit list separately for men and women shall be released in the official website
SSC GD Constable Salary Details
- Selected candidates will get pay at the level of grade 3 which is in the bracket of Rs 21,700 to Rs 69,100.