University Grants Commission (UGC) announces National Fellowship for Person with Disability (NFPwD) 2022
National Fellowship for Person with Disability – University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi on behalf of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment invited online applications from for eligible applicants for National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities (NFPwD) for the selection year 2022.
Also See Charpak Masters Scholarship 2022
Duration of Fellowship
- M.Phil. : 2 years or submission of dissertation whichever is earlier
- M.Phil.+ Ph.D. : 5 years from commencement of Fellowship or till submission of Ph.D. thesis, whichever is earlier
- Ph.D. : 5 years or till submission of Ph.D. thesis, whichever is earlier
Amount of Fellowship
The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF, under the scheme, is as under:-
- @Rs.31,000/-p.m. initial two year as JRF.
- @Rs.3 5,000/-p.m. for remaining tenure as SRF.
Contingency (Humanities & Social Sciences including Arts/Fine Arts)
- @Rs.10,000/-p.a. for initial two year (JRF)
- @Rs.20,500/-p.a. for remaining tenure(SRF)
Contingency (Science, Engineering & Technology)
- @Rs.12,000/-p.a. initial two year (JRF)
- @Rs.25,000/-p.a. for remaining tenure (SRF)
- @Rs.2,000/- p.m. in case of applicants with physical and visual disabilities.
- As per Govt. of India norms.
Also see Charpak Exchange Scholarship 2022
National Fellowship for Person with Disability Dates 2022
- Last date for receiving the online applications is 31st January 2022
National Fellowship for Person with Disability Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Any student with disabilities, who has been admitted to M.Phil/Ph.D degree and pursuing research through regular and full time mode in a University or academic institution, by completing the required formalities for admission in that University or academic institution, is eligible for the fellowship. The scheme covers all Universities/ Institutions recognized by the UGC/ Government of India. Employees of any University / College/ Educational institution/ Central/ State/ UT Government shall be excluded from availing the fellowship, even if they are on study leave or Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) to purse the MPhil/ Ph.D course.
- The fellowship is payable for a maximum period of 05 years. It commences from 01.04.2021 or actual date of admission/ registration of applicant for M.Phil./Ph.D., whichever is later.
- It may be noted that only selections will be made by UGC and all other formalities including communication with applicants and disbursal of fellowship will be carried out directly by DEPwD, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- There are 200 slots with provision of reservation of 15% for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes.
National Fellowship for Person with Disability Application Process 2022
- The online applications can be filed on the web portal https://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_schemes/
- The last date for receiving the online applications is 31st January, 2022.
National Fellowship for Person with Disability 2022 Selection Process
- The selection will be made purely on merit based on the percentage of marks obtained by the applicants in their Post Graduation (PG) examination, after verification of applications, from amongst the applicants whose applications are received through online mode on the designated portal of UGC.
- After the selection process, UGC will issue a list containing names of provisionally selected applicants.
- They will be allowed to join the fellowship only after verification of facts/information furnished by them in their online applications. The applicants who join the fellowship shall not be entitled for any other monetary benefit from Central or State Government or other bodies like UGC for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D.