Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship 2021
Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship 2021 – Applications are invited from Minority students for scholarship for the year 2021 under “Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” for providing financial assistance.
Swami Vivekananda MCM Scholarship 2021 Important Dates
|Fresh Application Opening (Fresh & Renewal)
||07th October 2020
|Last Date of receiving online Application (Fresh & Renewal)
||15th February 2021
About the SVMCM Scholarship
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship was started by the Govt. of West Bengal for assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies.
- Through the Vivekananda Means and Merit Scholarship, the Government is giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal.
||WBMDFC West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation
||SVMCM 2021-22 Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
||Students of Class XI and XII, UG, PG & Technical/ Professional Courses
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda MCM Scholarship 2021
- Applicants must be domicile of West Bengal and has been continuing education in institutes situated in West Bengal.
- Applicants must continue his/her study in educational institutions of West Bengal after passing out in Current year i.e. 2021 from the State Board/Council of Secondary/Higher Secondary and Madrasah Education.
- Students must belong to Minority Community (Muslim/Christian/Sikh/Buddhist/Parsee & Jain)
- Annual family income not exceeding Rs. 2.5 lakhs (Certificate to be issued by an Officer not below the rank of Joint BDO).
||The total family income for the prospective scholars will be not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
||Candidates whose family income is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum will be judged according to their academic merit in the under noted manner.
|For HS – Level
||Minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 75% in aggregate, in Madhyamik Pariksha, and the total marks obtained in the Madhyamik Parkisha excluding pass marks in the additional subject, if any, will be the sole criterion for consideration.
|For Diploma – Level
||Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) exam or its equivalent in for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) course and after passing out in “West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training “ courses, which is equivalent to H.S Exam for 2nd year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply.
|For UG – Level
||Minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 75% in aggregate, in the H.S. Examination conducted by the W.B. Council of H.S. Education/Madrasha Siksha Parishad.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Amount
The following Scholarship amount has been finalized by the concerned authorities for the different type of courses.
||Level of study
|Directorate of School Education (DSE)
||Rs. 1000 per month
|Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)
||Rs. 1000 per month
|Directorate of public instruction (DPI)
||Undergraduates in Arts Undergraduates in commerce Undergraduates in science Undergraduates in other professional courses postgraduates in Arts postgraduates in commerce postgraduates in Science postgraduates in other professional courses NON-NET M.Phil/ Ph.D
||Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 5000 – Rs.8000 per month
|Technical education at college or university level
||Undergraduate or postgraduates in Engineering or other professional courses
||Rs. 5000 per month
|Directorate of Technical Education and Training
||Rs. 1500 per month
|Directorate of medical education
||Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses
||Rs. 5000 or Rs. 1500 per month respectively
Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship 2021 Application Process
Different categories of applicants shall have to submit their applications to the respective hyperlink in the home page of http://wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in/main/guidelines as mentioned hereunder, in online mode https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
||Go to the official website through the URL http://wbmdfcscholarship.in/
||Click on “New Registration” button on the home page.
||Fill up all information under the “Student Information” section.
||Fill up the scheme eligibility column and click on the “Submit & Proceed” button.
||Check Your Relevant Scholarship Scheme & Process Accordingly
||Note Your User ID And Check Email Inbox /Mobile For Retrieving Password
||Login with Your User Id & Password on “Student Log-In”
||Change Your Password For Next Step (Mandatory)
||Fill Up Details Under “Basic Information” Option
||Fill Up details under “Academic Information “ Option
||Fill Up “ Bank Account Information” & Verify
||Verify Complete Application Under “Pre-View“ Option before Final Submission by Pressing “Final Submit“ Button
- Scholarships will be provided to eligible students in order of merit and subject to the budgetary allocation provided by the State Govt.
- For renewal, the applicant will be eligible for the scholarship if he/she has obtained 50% marks in his/her previous examination.