Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme for 10+2 Students of J&K and Ladakh
PMSSS JK Scholarship 2020-21: The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under the rules of Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced the notification for Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) Jammu Kashmir 2020-21 for helping J&K and Ladakh youths, who are willing to enter into Undergraduate program in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Nursing, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Architecture, Arts, Crafts & Design, Medical and General Degree etc. Interested applicants can register online for PMSSS J&K Scholarship 2020 till 31st August 2020.
मानव संसाधन विकास मंत्रालय के नियमों के तहत अखिल भारतीय तकनीकी शिक्षा परिषद (AICTE) ने जम्मू-कश्मीर और लद्दाख के युवाओं की मदद के लिए प्रधान मंत्री विशेष छात्रवृत्ति योजना (PMSSS) जम्मू कश्मीर 2020-21 के लिए अधिसूचना की घोषणा की है, जो प्रवेश करने के इच्छुक हैं इंजीनियरिंग और टेक्नोलॉजी, फार्मेसी, नर्सिंग, होटल मैनेजमेंट एंड कैटरिंग टेक्नोलॉजी, आर्किटेक्चर, आर्ट्स, क्राफ्ट्स एंड डिज़ाइन, मेडिकल और जनरल डिग्री आदि में स्नातक कार्यक्रम के इच्छुक उम्मीदवार PMSSS J & K छात्रवृत्ति 2020 के लिए 31 अगस्त 2020 तक ऑनलाइन पंजीकरण कर सकते हैं।
Also See: National Scholarship Exam Portal 2020
About the Program
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has invited applications for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K 2020-21 from Class 12 passed and diploma degree holders in J&K and Ladakh.
- The scholarship aims to support the youth of J&K in pursuing higher education outside the state.
- Students selected for PMSSS can benefit from a scholarship of up to INR 3 lakh per annum along with other grants. PMSSS is a merit-based scholarship for the J&K youth only.
Also See: NEST Junior Scholarship 2020
PMSSS JK Scholarship 2020 Important Dates
|Application Start||14th July 2020|
|Last Date of Online Registration under PMSSS is being extended upto||31st August 2020|
|Stream||Academic Fee||Number of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Upto Rs 30,000/-||2070|
|Professional||Upto Rs 1.25 Lakh||2830|
|Medical/BDS||Upto Rs 3.00 Lakh||100|
Eligibility Criteria for Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Students having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Passing 10+2 examination from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K.
- Only those willing to study outside the State of J&K.
- Whose family Income is Rs. 6.00 Lakh or below per annum.
- Fulfilling minimum age and other eligibility criteria as prescribed by the colleges.
- Aadhar Card is essential for smooth disbursement scholarship through direct benefit transfer.
Also See: Dalai Lama Trust Scholarship 2020
PMSSS J&K Scholarship 2020 Application Process
- Students are required to visit the nearest Facilitation Centre only for Registration.
- For registration refer link http://www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in and the detailed information about the scheme may be seen https://www.aicte-india.org/bureaus/jk/2020-2021
- Any updates and Calendar of Events, you may visit AICTE website regularly.
- For help, write Email to: [email protected]
- Domicile certificate of J&K
- Family Income Certificate (Issued by Tehsildar or equivalent)
- Aadhaar card
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Diploma Certificate (for lateral entry only)
- Valid Caste certificate for SC/ST/SEBC for claiming the reservation as per State Govt. Policy
- Valid disability certificate (if any)
Also See: NSTSE 2021 Exam Date
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme 2020
Question: I have passed 10+2 in Commerce stream, am I eligible for engineering?
Answer: No, but you are eligible for Commerce stream under General course which are mentioned in the portal.
Question: I have submitted my application, is documents verification at Facilitation Centre is necessary?
Answer: Yes, without documents verification at Facilitation Centre, student is not eligible for Scholarship. Further the choice filling option will not be opened for the respective candidate.
Question: Is attending online counseling mandatory for eligible students for availing benefits under PMSSS?
Answer: Yes, it is Mandatory for all the students to attend online counseling in General/ Professional/ Engineering/ Medical stream, who wants to take admission his/her own or through centralised counseling for availing benefits under the scheme PMSSS.
Question: I have submitted my online application for PMSSS scholarship. Is it possible to edit my application.
Answer: Yes, Officer of facilitation centre can only edit the online application form, subject to the production of original documents in support of your claim/request for editing.
Question: I am an eligible candidate for PMSSS scholarship. How can I apply for registration of this
Answer: Log on to AICTE Website and follow the Steps to apply for “Online Registration for scholarship” and follow the instructions on how to fill the online application.
Step 1: Open AICTE Website via link : https://www.aicte-india.org/
Step 2: Go to PMSSS tab on the home page.
Step 3: Further click on the tab of A/Y 2020-21 and register yourself by following the instructions.
Question: What format or size of photo and signature to upload in website for PMSSS Scholarship?
Answer: Both photo & signature should be in .JPG /.PDF/.PNG format with size of the file should be less than 2 MB.
Question: To which facilitation centre should I go for document verification?
Answer: You can go to any one of the nearest facilitation centers established by Govt. of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh as per your convenience for document verification and after that choice filling option would be open.
Question: Is there any document I should collect from facilitation centre after document verification process?
Answer: Yes, you must collect document verification report (Student Copy) from the facilitation centre without fail.
Question: I have done diploma in engineering field, can I apply under PMSSS?
Answer: Yes, Candidates who want to take admission under Lateral Entry Scheme have passed Diploma in Engineering from the Polytechnics recognized by UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh directorate of technical education not earlier than AY 2018-19. Admission under Lateral Entry Scheme will be subject to vacant seats available during academic year 2019-20 in Engineering Stream only.
Question: I have taken admission under Management Quota, Am I eligible for PMSSS scholarship?
Answer: No, candidates taking admission under management quota or by Agents / NGO are not eligible for PMSSS scholarship.
Question: How will I get college of my choice?
Answer: As per the choice filled by the candidate and based on merit list and scheme guidelines.
Question: Who will be paying the admission fee?
Answer: Academic Fee to the Institution will be disbursed directly by AICTE.
Question: Can I take admission in medical college through management quota after NEET qualified?
Answer: You will not be eligible for scholarship under Management Quota.
Question: Where is the cutoff list of last year admission for Engg colleges available?
Answer: The cut off list for Engg colleges is available in your login while filling your choice.