Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for ST Students of Jammu and Kashmir – The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of Jammu and Kashmir has invited applications for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students of Jammu and Kashmir 2020-21 from the students studying in class 11 to Postgraduate level. Interested applicants can check out complete details for Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students of Jammu and Kashmir 2020 like application form, eligibility, dates, etc on below this page.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the ST category students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stages to enable them to complete their education.
- These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the Govt. of the State /Union Territory Administration to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. where permanently settled
Important Dates for JK Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
- Last date to apply: 15th May 2020
Also See: NEST Junior Scholarship 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship 2020 Jammu and Kashmir
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation for post-secondary courses pursed in recognized institutions with the following expectations:
- Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot Licence Courses at Training – Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra) Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun and courses at pre-examination training centres of all India and States-levels.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, wish to study for another professional e.g. LLB after B.T. /B.Ed. will not be eligible. From the academic year 1980-81, however, studies in two professional courses are allowed.
- Students studying in Class XI of Higher Secondary Schools which have continuous school courses of 12th Class will not be eligible. However, in cases where the X class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students after passing 10th class can join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
Also See: Sardar Patel Scholarship 2020
J&K Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for Application Form
Applicants can apply through www.scholarships.gov.in by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully; select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
JK Post Matric Scholarship 2020 Selection Process
All the eligible Scheduled Tribes applicants will be given scholarships subject to the application of Means Test prescribed in these Regulations.
Applicants belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State. In the matter of exemption from fees or other concessions also they will be treated as if they were studying in their own State.
Also See: DK Bhave Scholarship 2020
Course of Study
Role of Maintenance allowance (Hostellers)
Rate of Maintenance allowance (Day Scholars)
Degree and Postgraduate level courses (including M.Phil, Ph.D., Post Doctoral research in Medicine), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Science, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/Applications· Commercial Pilot License· Post Graduate Diploma course in various branches of Management and Medicine.· CA/ICWA/CS/ICFA, etc· LLM
Graduate, Post Graduate course (Degree, Diploma), B.Pharma, BNursing, LLB, BFS, other paramedical branches, Mass comm, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/ Tourism/ Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services, MPharma, Med.
All the courses which are not covered in group 1 and 2 (BA/BSc/BCom, etc)
Class 11, 12, general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
Additional Allowance for Disabled Students:
For Blind Scholars
Level of course
Group I, II
Study tour charges of up to INR 1,600 per annum
Thesis typing/printing charges of up to INR 1,600 per annum
Annual allowance of INR 1,200 to students pursuing correspondence courses through distance and continuing education.