Post-Matric Scholarship for Students from Minority Communities 2020
Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2020 – Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India has been announced awarding Post Matric Scholarship for the students belonging to the Minority Communities pursuing higher education from Class IX upto PhD in a Government or Private higher secondary school/college/University Technical and vocational courses (other than those listed under Merit-cum-Means Scholarship scheme) in Industrial Training.
Interested and eligible applicants can apply till October 31, 2020. Check out complete details below like dates, application procedure, eligibility, selection procedure, amount for Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2020.
Also See: NEST Junior Scholarship 2020
Post Matric Scholarships for Minority Students 2020 Important Dates
Scholarship Announcement Date
16th August 2020
Scholarship Closing Date
31st October 2020
Last Date for Defective Verification
15th November 2020
Last Date for Institute Verification
15th November 2020
Post Matric Scholarships for Minority Students 2020 Details
Name of the Scholarship Name
Post Matric Scholarships for Minority Students 2020
Scholarship issuing Agency
Minority Welfare Department
PMSS for Minority
Name of the Dept.
- Scholarships shall be provided for the entire course of the academic year. Maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount for 10 months in an academic year 2020-21.
Eligibility for Minority Students Post Matric Scholarship 2020
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be studying in Class 11, 12, graduate, postgraduate, technical or vocational courses, M.Phil or PhD
- Have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination
- Belong to the family whose annual income is not more than INR 2 lakh from all the sources
- Belong to the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain and Zoroastrian/Parsi)
Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2020 Application Form
The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in
Eligible applicants can apply for the scholarship through following steps
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Selection Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2020
- Fresh: Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
- Renewal: The scholar will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute.
Post Matric Scholarship Amount
|Rate of Scholarship (Admission + Tuition Fee)|
|Admission & Tuition Fee Class XI & XII||Rs. 7000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission & Course/tuition fee for Technical & Vocational Courses of XI/XII level||Rs. 10000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission & Tuition Fee for UG & PG level||Rs. 3000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course||Rs.380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar|
|Courses other than Tech. & Prof. Courses at UG & PG level||Rs.570/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 300/- per month for Day Scholar|
|MPhil & Ph.D||Rs.1200/- per month for Hosteller & Rs.550/- per month for Day Scholar.|