Haryana State Council for Science, Innovation & Technology Panchkula Haryana announces Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2022
POSE Scholarship 2022 – Haryana State Council for Science, Innovation & Technology (Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of Haryana) invites applications for the Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship 2022-23 for Students pursuing courses in basic & natural science subjects.
Also See Pre Matric Scholarship 2022 for Students from Minority Communities
Admissibility of Scholarship
- The scholarships are limited only to the students who have taken admission in the first year during the year 2022 in basic and natural science subjects in B.Sc./B.S./ B. Stat/ B.Math/ Integrated M.Sc./M.S. in (1) Physics (2) Chemistry (3) Mathematics (4) Biology (5) Statistics (6) Geology (7) Astrophysics (8) Astronomy (9) Electronics (10) Botany (11) Zoology (12) Biochemistry (13) Anthropology (14) Microbiology (15) Geophysics (16) Geochemistry (17) Atmospheric Sciences (18) Oceanic Sciences (19) Ecology (20) Marine Biology (21) Genetics (22) Biophysics in India.
POSE Scholarship 2022 Important Dates
- Open Application Portal: 29th August 2022
- Close Application Portal: 28th October 2022 (upto 5:00 PM).
POSE Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The students should have passed class X and XII Board examinations from a school situated in Haryana. The students passing the X or XII board examination from a school outside Haryana have to produce a Haryana Residence Certificate.
Also See Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2022
POSE Scholarship Amount
- 1st to 3rd year of B.Sc./B.S./ B.Stat./B.Math/Integrated M.Sc./M.S. Rs. 4000/- pm.
- 4th to 5th years of Integrated B.S./B.Stat/B.Math/M.Sc./M.S./ M.Math./ M.Stat. Rs. 6000/- pm.
- Note: The selected students will get a mentorship grant (one time) of Rs. 12,000/- in 3-year B.Sc. program, Rs. 17,000/- in 4-year B.S. program, Rs. 22,000/- in 5-year integrated M.Sc. program.
- Number of Scholarship- 250 (upto postgraduate level)
- In case of tie preference will be given as under:-
- Girl students will be preferred.
- Preference to language score better of (English/Hindi) in 12th class board.
- Students younger in age will be preferred.
POSE Scholarship 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- The applications can be submitted through the web-portal http://saralharyana.gov.in.
- The web portal will be open from 29th August 2022 to 28th October 2022 (upto 5:00 PM) for the submission of online applications.
- For eligibility and other details, interested students may visit the website http://dstharyana.gov.in/html/whatsnew.htm
Selection Criteria/Preparation of Merit List
- First priority will be accorded to the students whose names appear in the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) aptitude test, 2021 (SA, SX stream) extended list published by KVPY, IISc, Banglore and admitted in a basic and natural science course.
- The second priority will be accorded to the students admitted in a reputed national institute i.e. IIT, ISI, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS, IISc in basic and natural science course.
- The remaining scholarships, if any, will be given to the others admitted in a basic and natural science course on merit. Merit list will be prepared based on average percentage score obtained in class 12th board examination in English/Hindi (better of the two) and best of three out of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (i.e. Total of four subjects divided by maximum marks in four subjects = %age).
- Note: If the number of students under (i) or (ii) above is more than the number of offered scholarships, 12th board examination as mentioned under (iii) will apply to shortlist the students within that category.
- Students who studied 11th & 12th class in a rural area school will be given an additional 2% weightage. Rural area schools will be regarded as those schools which are within the jurisdiction of the Gram Panchayat.
- The students who have passed their 11th & 12th classes from rural area elite schools will not be given additional weightage of 2%. ‘Elite’ schools are defined to be schools, where tuition fees and other charges payable exceed Rs. one lakh per year.