Junior Research Fellowship Program 2017 at ISM Dhanbad
Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad has invited applications for admission to Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to the deserving and eligible applicants qualified through national level tests and thus providing many opportunities for carrying out research leading to PhD Degree for 2017-18 sessions.
List of Disciplines/Code
Engineering Streams: Chemical Engineering (CHE), Computer Science & Engg (CSE), Civil Engineering (CVL), Electronics Engineering (ECE), Environmental Science & Engg (ESE), Fuel Engg (FLE), Industrial Engg & Management (IEM), Mechanical Engg (MEC), Mineral Engg (MLE), Mining Machinery Engg (MME), Mining Engg (MNE), Petroleum Engg (PET).
Science/Management/HSS Streams: Applied Geology (AGL), Applied Geophysics (AGP), Chemistry (CHY), English Language/Literature (ENG), Environmental Science (ENS), Management (MAN), Mathematics (MAT), Philosophy (PLY), Physics (PHY), Statistics (STA).
JRF Eligibility Criteria
- For the admission in Science, Engineering and Management disciplines, only the applicants with FIRST CLASS in the qualifying degree are eligible to apply; if class is not mentioned in the applicant’s certificate, then an OGPA of 7.0 or above will be considered as FIRST CLASS
- For the admission in Humanities disciplines, applicants with 55% marks or equivalent grade in their qualifying examination are eligible to apply
- The applicants’ qualifying degree and subject should match as per details mentioned (table 5) with respect to discipline, degree, and specialization
- Applicants appearing for the final/pre-final semester exams are not eligible to apply.
Age limit for various categories as on the last date of online application [31.10.2017] are:
For General Male Applicant – 30 years
Others (Women, OB, PC, SC & ST) – 35 years
Age relaxation as above will be allowed for applicants with valid documents.
Reservation for PC/SC/ST/OBC-NC applicants will be as per Govt. of India directive/guidelines.
For Physically Challenged (PC) applicants, a maximum of 3% within the respective category; for Other Backward Classes non-creamy layer (OBC-NC) category applicants the certificate in the format given in Annexure II is to be produced during the interview and submitted (in original) at the time of admission by as per the admission to CEIS under the Govt of India (certificate should be issued on or after 1st Feb 2017)
The selected applicants will get a consolidated research fellowship as given in below:
- M.Tech/M.Phil/MBA: First 2 years – Rs.18,000/-; 3rd year onwards – Rs.20,000/-
- B.Tech/M.Sc Tech/ M.Sc: First 2 years – Rs.16,000/-; 3rd year Rs.18,000/-
Any change in fellowship will be intimated to the applicant; contingency grant of Rs 30,000/- per annum are allowed with prior approval from Guide and Head of the Dept.
For applicants appearing for ISM-JRF EE (Non-NET LS/Non-GATE).
- The applicants have to qualify the ISM-JRF Entrance Exam (ISM-JRF EE) 2017-18 (Phase-2).
- ISM-JRF EE will adopt objective type questions with NEGATIVE marking for wrong answers.
- Only the successful applicants who qualify in the written test will be called for the interview on the scheduled date.
- The weightage for ISM-JRF EE and interview would be in the ratio of 50:50.
For applicants with M.Tech/M.Phil with first class, a weightage of 10 marks will be given and the interview would be held out of 40 marks.
- Fee payable at the time of admission – Rs 30,500/-
- Hostel mess fee advance (Annual) – Rs 30,000/-
In addition to above, the students are required to pay an additional amount towards accidental insurance and institute blazer etc., as per actual, at the time of admission
Junior Research Fellowship – How to Apply?
Interested applicants should register their name using valid email id and phone number submit their application online from October 3rd, 2017 to October 31st, 2017.
Details on application along with information brochure containing eligibility criteria may be downloaded from the ISM website www.ismdhanbad.ac.in.
The application fee of Rs.2000/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/PD applicants) for the ISM-JRF programme to be paid through online bank challan of SBI.
A hard copy of the completed application form along with requisite bank challan should reach Assistant Registrar (Academic), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad-826004.
Junior Research Fellowship Dates 2017-18
Commencement of online application: October 03rd 2017
Last date for submitting application online: October 31st 2017
Commencement of admit card generation: November 06th 2017
IIT(ISM) JRF Entrance Examination: November 12th 2017
Hosting the list of short-listed applicants for Interview: November 21st 2017
Interview for qualified candidates: December 03rd 2017
Declaration of Merit List: December 12th 2017
Admission and Joining of the Merit List applicants: December 27th 2017
Admission & Joining of the Merit List applicants: March 17th 2018
Tags: Fellowship, fellowship program, Indian School of Mines, ism dhanbad, ism jrf admission, jrf admission, jrf programs 2017, junior research fellowship, online jrf courses, online jrf program, phd degree, research program