Ministry of HRD and UGC announces Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for North Region 2022
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022 – The Government of India has approved the setting up of the Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022 for the North Eastern Region. The Scheme will be implemented by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken a special interest in regard to the promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker sections of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch the “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from the academic session 2022-23.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Details
- Organization: University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Scholarship Name: Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region 2022-22
- Applicable For: Students with the domicile of NER
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 Important Dates
- Application Start Date: 26th July 2022
- Scheme Closing Date Open till 31st October 2022
- Defective Verification Open till 15th November 2022
- Institute Verification Open till 15th November 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Students with the domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study
- Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course or technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following universities/ College/ Institute:-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges are funded by the Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with the AISHE code.
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently- abled persons.
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs.5400/- per month for a general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applications will be invited once a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, Visit the homepage of the NSP website scholarships.gov.in
- Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as a general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
- The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University / Institution/ College.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022 Selection Procedure
- Rs.10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.