International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Delhi announce Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Program 2022
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship 2022 – International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), Delhi invites applications highly motivated scientists for Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences for the academic session 2022
ICGEB offers competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment.
Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs and a competitive stipend, plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance.
Also See: Charpak Exchange Scholarship 2022
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship 2022 Important Dates
- Closing Date for Applications: 31st March 2022
- Starting Date New Delhi, India: 01st August 2022
- Starting Date Trieste, Italy: 01st October 2022
- Starting Date Cape Town, South Africa: 15th January 2023
- 3 years PhD course with the possibility of 1-year extension.
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Applicants must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Applicants for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application. There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
Also See: West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship 2022
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship 2022 Application Form
- Applicants can apply online at https://www.icgeb.org/. In addition, please upload a single PDF document containing all requested attachments.
- Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Only one application per call is accepted for each applicant. All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Selection Process
- All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement. Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
- The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date.
- The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the applicant’s CV and potential benefit for the home country. The applicants will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.