ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 – Research Committee the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) New Delhi has invited applications for Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020. Check out application procedure, eligibility, important dates, procedure for the award and more for ICAI Doctoral Scholarship 2020.
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme Introduction
- Doctoral scholarship will be awarded to registered Ph.D. Scholars from UGC recognized Indian Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Colleges, IIMs having University/IIMs approved PhD Program to pursue and complete their Doctoral Research in Auditing, Taxation, Commerce, Management and Accounting Discipline.
- Applicants must have confirmed PhD Registration (Research Degree Committee (RDC) approved) at any of the institutions mentioned above on the last date of application
- It includes the requirements of clearance of Research Entrance Test (RET).
Also See: Ian Parry Scholarship 2020
The following topics are suggested:
- Human Resource Accounting
- Simplification of Human Resource Laws
- Government Sector Accounting
- Integrated Reporting
- International Taxation Laws
- Water Audit
The Research Committee will decide the suitability of the topics from time to time.
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date of Receipt of Application Form: 31st July 2020
Also See: AIAPGET 2020 Application Form
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Application Procedure 2020
- Step-I: Applications are invited through ICAI website, ICAI journal, mass email to members and should be received before 31st July 2020
- Step-II: The application along with research proposal & abstract (3000 and 300 words respectively) and all the enclosures, must be sent to “Research Committee before the last date mentioned in the advertisement duly signed and stamped by the Ph.D. Registered institution”.
Eligibility Criteria for ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Membership of the ICAI with minimum 75% marks/grade in 10th and 12th standard.
- NET/SLET and M Phil from a recognized university will carry weightage in the assessment of research proposal.
- The scholar should not be more than 40 years of age on the last date of application.
- Applicants who have already availed UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) / Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF)/ ICSSR/ ICAR/CSIR /ICPR/ ICMR/ICHR or any such doctoral fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply.
- Award: Rs 50,000 per month for maximum period of 36 months; annually 5 Scholars will be selected
- Contingency Grant: Yearly grant not exceeding Rs. 50000/- per year.
Monitoring of Scholars
- Regular monitoring of scholarship is done based on quarterly and annual progress report submitted by the scholar and duly forwarded by the supervisor.
- The scholarship may be discontinued if research progress is found unsatisfactory or any ICAI rules are violated.
- The ICAI may ask for annual presentation/mid-term appraisal of the research work.
Procedure for the Award
- Applications are initially scrutinized by the Research Committee Secretariat.
- Thereafter, the subject group(s)/Expert Committee(s) will short-list the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications and thereafter by the Research Committee of ICAI.
- Such applicants may also be invited for a presentation before an Expert Committee at ICAI- HO or its COEs/DCOs.
Also See: Next Genius Scholarship 2020