Ian Parry Scholarship Program 2021
Ian Parry Scholarship 2021 – Applications has been invited from young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years of age for the Ian Parry Scholarship 2021. Apply on or before 9th July 2021. युवा फ़ोटोग्राफ़रों से आवेदन आमंत्रित किए गए हैं जो या तो फ़ुल-टाइम फ़ोटोग्राफ़िक कोर्स में भाग ले रहे हैं या इयान पैरी स्कॉलरशिप 2021 के लिए 24 साल से कम उम्र के हैं। 9 जुलाई 2021 को या उससे पहले आवेदन करें।
There is no entry fee.
Interested applicants can check out complete details for Ian Parry Scholarship 2021 like application form, eligibility, dates, selection procedure, etc on this page. इच्छुक आवेदक इस पृष्ठ पर आवेदन पत्र, पात्रता, दिनांक, चयन प्रक्रिया आदि जैसे इयान पैरी छात्रवृत्ति 2021 के लिए पूर्ण विवरण देख सकते हैं।
Also See: NEST Junior Scholarship 2021
About Ian Parry Scholarship 2021
- The scholarship is an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years of age.
- The scholarship exists to find and support the very best young people striving to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in a selfie-obsessed world.
- Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. He was just 24 years of age.
- Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian’s friends and family created the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to build something positive from such a tragic death.
- Each year we hold an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
- The Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories: The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and The Canon Award for Potential.
Ian Parry Scholarship 2021 Important Dates
- The application date start from April 9th 2021
- The last date to apply on July 9th 2021
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loan equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London.
- Mentorship Programme: They will offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential. The 2020 mentor is highly respected photojournalist Jon Jones.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- Your work will appear in The Sunday Times Magazine, our media sponsor.
Eligibility Criteria for Ian Parry Scholarship 2021
- The international photographic competition is open to young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
Ian Parry Scholarship 2021 Application Form
- Eligible applicants can apply through the official website https://theianparryscholarship.submittable.com/
- To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, you will need to be 24 or younger or enrolled on a full-time recognised photographic course. Your application should contain the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
- A project description giving us details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions
- A project proposal telling us how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable you to continue with the above project or how it would enable you to start a new photographic project.
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Extended captions for each image as a word document. Please follow the instructions on our submit form carefully.
- The entry criteria for both are the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries.
- Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.