DK Bhave Scholarship 2020 for Masters Degree in Engineering and Technology Abroad
DK Bhave Scholarship 2020 – Savitribai Phule Pune University has been invited applications for D. K. Bhave Scholarship 2020 from students (BE/BTech degree holders) who have secured admission for their Master’s Degree in Engineering and Technology stream at accredited universities in America, Canada, United Kingdom, and Germany. Interested applicants can check out complete details for D.K. Bhave Scholarship 2020 to Study Abroad like application form, eligibility, dates, etc on below this page.
About D.K. Bhave Scholarship 2020
- The D.K. Bhave Scholarship is for the students who have got admission for their Master’s Degree in Engineering Faculty at Accredited Universities In America, Canada and United Kingdom/Germany and are proceeding for the same.
- The student should have secured some funding from family, loans or other financial assistance from Indian or foreign sources. This scholarship will provide the supplemental amount and will not be the sole source of funding for any student.
- This scholarship will provide a Maximum amount equal to 50% of the total cost of one year for a s degree program in Engineering. The total cost per year is defined as the cost of tuition, books, room, food and incidental expenses as estimated by the admitting university and reduced by any financial assistance provided by the admitting University.
- For example, if the total cost per year is $28,000 and the admitting University provides $10,000 as tuition assistance, then the maximum amount provided by this scholarship is $9000, i.e. 50% of (28,000 – 10,000).
- If the university is on a Quarter System this Scholarship will be awarded in three installments (first 40%, second 30% and third 30%) in one academic year.
Also See: NEST Junior Scholarship 2020
D.K. Bhave Scholarship 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date Of Online Application: 09th May 2020
- Last date of Hardcopy Submission: 16th May 2020
Eligibility Criteria for DK Bhave Scholarship 2020
- Students should be Graduate in Engineering / appearing in last year of BE/B.Tech (Any Stream) from any of Accredited College listed on the official website.
- Applicants should be enrolled into Masters Engineering and Technical Degree Program at accredited universities in Germany, UK, Canada and America (USA).
- Note: Students who are already studying in Master’s Engineering and Technical Courses in Foreign Countries are not eligible to apply for D.K. Bhave Scholarship Program.
DK Bhave Scholarship 2020 Application Form
Eligible applicants can apply online through official website https://app1.unipune.ac.in/dkbhave/howtoapplydkb.htm
Instruction to apply for the scholarship:
- If you are a new user of this online system, please register with the system by providing username, password and Email address. After the registration, a registration code will be sent on the Email address provided by you at the time of registration.
- All the future communications in respect of the scholarship will be made on the email address provided by you.
- Please remember your Username, Password and the Registration Code.
- For login, use Username, Password, Registration Code and you will be directed to the online application form.
- Keep scan copy of passport size photograph (jpg format and size less than 100 KB).
- Fill all the information carefully. Unless you are satisfied with the information provided by you is correct, please do not click on the “Submit” button.
- Once you click the “Submit” button, the online application submission process is complete and you will be directed to a page showing your application form generated by the system.
Benefits of this Scholarship
- The selected applicants will receive a scholarship of up to 50% tuition fees remission.
Also See: Sardar Patel Scholarship 2020
FAQs for DK Bhave Scholarship 2020
Question. 1. What do I mean by ACCREDITED UNIVERSITIES IN America, Canada, United Kingdom and Germany?
Answer: The University must be accredited in its country. The accrediting body for each country is listed below:
- USA: Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Canada: Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board of the Canadian Council of Professional Engineers.
- UK: Engineering Council United Kingdom (ECUK)
- Germany: ASIIN For more information please visit http://www.accreditation.org
Question. 2. What is the deadline for the online application?
Answer: The deadline will be days after publication of the advertisement in the newspapers. For the current application process the deadline is 09 May 2020. The deadline of submission of hard copy is 16 May 2020.
Question. 3. What is the eligibility to apply for this scholarship?
Answer: The student should be Graduate from Engineering Faculty / Studying in the last year (B.E. / B. Tech) (Any Branch) from any of the ACCREDITED Colleges listed below from PMC and PCMC jurisdiction.
- MAEER’s Maharashtra Academy of Engineering, Alandi, Pune
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Kothrud, Pune
- Sinhgad College of Engineering, Vadgaon (BK), Pune
- Kashibai Navale College of Engineering,Vadgaon,Pune
- D. Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society Dr .D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pimpri,Pune
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Dhankavdi, Pune
- D.Y.Patil Pratishthan’s D.Y.Patil College of Engineering Akurdi, Pune
- Pune Vidyarthi Griha’s College of Engineering and Technology, Pune
- MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Karvenagar, Pune
- R.A.C.T’s Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Kondhwa(Bk.), Pune
- R.A.C.T’s Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Bibvewadi Pune
- Government College of Engineering, Pune(COEP)
- Army Institute of Technology, Pune
Question. 4. What is the process of application for D.K. Bhave Scholarship?
Answer: Please follow the steps mentioned on the link below: www.unipune.ac.in/dkbhave
Question. 5. What is the Application Process fee for D.K. Bhave Scholarship?
Answer: There is no application fee as such; but the printed copy of online application form along with required document should reach to the address mentioned on the website of DK Bhave scholarship.
Question. 6. If a applicant is already enrolled in either of the university from USA/Canada/UK/Germany and studying there since last year, Is he/she eligible for the availing the D. K. Bhave Scholarship
Answer: No. He / She is not eligible to get the Scholarship. Even if such a student applies through the online process then his/her candidature stands cancelled.
Question. 7. Can I get contact information to get more information about the process?
Answer: The applicant is supposed to get information from the website only. If some clarification is required then then the applicant is supposed to email on [email protected]ipune.ac.in
Question. 8. What are the conditions the applicant (beneficiary student) who is awarded the scholarship should follow?
Answer: Read the following Instructions
- The beneficiary student of this scholarship will have to maintain the academic record/performance (Grade B OR HIGHER) and it is essential for the student to submit the academic progress report to the Savitribai Phule Pune University along with the transcript.
- The beneficiary student, going abroad under this Scholarship will have to return to India after completion of his/her s degree of two years or he/she will have to return the scholarship amount to Savitribai Phule Pune University. There is no interest on this loan.
- The beneficiary student, returning to India after completion of his/her s degree of two years and working in the same field for five years in India, will not have to make repayment of the scholarship amount to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- The Selection Committee of Savitribai Phule Pune University will take the decision regarding return of scholarship.
- The student has to give the undertaking to Savitribai Phule Pune University regarding his returning back to India after completion of s degree of two years.
- The beneficiary student of this scholarship will have to submit the related papers (certificate from the Company in India, Nature of work, Tenure of the Service, Passport etc.) regarding return of scholarship, if required, in the format given.
Question. 9. How much funding can I get from the Scholarship?
Answer: Ideally the student should have secured some funding from family, loans or other financial assistance from Indian or foreign sources. This scholarship will provide the supplemental amount and will not be the sole source of funding for any student. This scholarship will provide a maximum amount equal to 50% of the total cost of one year for a Master’s degree program in Engineering. The total cost per year is defined as cost of tuition, books, room, food and incidental expenses as estimated by the admitting university and reduced by any financial assistance provided by the admitting University. For example, if the total cost per year is $28,000 and the admitting University provides $10,000 as tuition assistance, then the maximum amount provided by this scholarship is $9000, i.e. 50% of (28,000 – 10,000). Generally the scholarship amount will be between 5 to 6 Lacs Rupees.
Question. 10. What will be covered by the released/sanctioned amount of the scholarship?
Answer: The scholarship does not pay expenses for travel, visa fees, GRE and other examination fees, application fees etc. The funds are sent directly to the foreign university for the benefit of the selected applicant. They are used for Tution, books, room, food and incidental expenses estimated by the foreign university where the student got the admission.
Question. 11. I got direct admission to Ph.D. Program, am I eligible to get the scholarship?
Answer: No. Students getting “direct” admission for the Ph. D. program (i.e. without the possibility of getting the Master’s Degree first and be able to leave the University) are not eligible.
Question. 12. What happens if attempts are made to influence the committee on behalf of the applicant?
Answer: The Selection Committee wants to maintain the transparent process of selection, free of any undue influence. Therefore if the Committee finds that attempts are made to influence the Committee on behalf of a applicant then, in the sole discretion of the Committee, the applicant will be disqualified. The decision of the Committee in this regard is final; there is no appeal.