Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2020 (CSSS Scholarship 2020)
Central Sector Scholarship 2020 – Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education has invited online applications for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2020 for College and university Students to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. Check out important dates, eligibility, age limit, application procedure and more details for CSSS Scholarship 2020.
Central Sector Scholarship 2020 Important Dates
Last Date for Online Registration Scheme Closing Date
31st October 2020
Date of Defective Verification
15th November 2020
15th November 2020
CSSS Scholarship Details
Department of Higher Education (DOHE)
CSSS 2020-21 Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College & University Students
College & University Students
All Over India
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2020-21
- The Objective of CSSS is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families to meet day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme will be awarded on the basis of the results of senior secondary exams; 82000 fresh scholarships per annum (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) will be awarded for graduate/post graduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
Also See: NEST Junior Scholarship 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Central Sector Scholarship 2020
- Students who are above the 80th percentile of successful applicants in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Exam in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent and pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) in Colleges/Institutions recognized by AICTE, UGC Act, 1956, MCI/DCI of India and respective regulatory authorities and not availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State run scholarship schemes/Fee waiver and reimbursement scheme are eligible under the scheme
- Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
Central Sector Scholarship 2020 Application Form
Step-I: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) www.scholarships.gov.in will be opened for online application in the month of June-July every year.
Step-II: Class XII pass out students of the current Academic Year, who are above 80th percentile of the respective State Education Boards (SEBs) are eligible under the scheme and can apply on National Scholarship Portal (www.scholarship.gov.in), before the cut-off date. Physical application would not be accepted.
The online applications would be verified at two levels:
- By the Institute where the student is studying.
- By the respective State Education Board.
Step-IV: Applicants are required to submit requisite documents, such as (Class 12th mark sheet, Income Certificate) to the Institute.
Step-V: Application which is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as „Invalid?.
Step-VI: Merit list as per the State allocated quota would be generated from the verified applications.
Rate of Scholarships
- the rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.20000/- per annum at Post- Graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5) years/Integrated course would get Rs.20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
- However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Engg would get scholarship up to graduation level.
Parental Income Ceiling
- The parental/family income ceiling is Rs. 8 lakh per annum for all categories under the scheme and would be applicable from the Academic Session 2018-19.
- Income certificate would be required for the fresh applicants only.
Duration of Scholarships and its Renewal
- a student will be eligible for the scholarship for a total duration not exceeding 5 years. A scholarship under the scheme is renewable on year to year basis up to Postgraduate level in the same stream (except for the students pursuing technical courses leading to degree at graduation level).
Also See: NSTSE 2021 Exam Date