Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics Hyderabad announces Research Scholars Program (RSP) I 2021
CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2021 – CDFD has been invited applications from highly motivated applicants, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to Research Scholars Program. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Read on for more details on CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2021 like application form, selection procedure, eligibility, important dates and more.
|The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology.|
|The current research themes include:|
|Microbiology||Cell & Molecular Biology|
|Computational Biology||Disease Biology|
CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2021 Important Dates
|Last date for submitting online application||09th May 2021|
|CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination||Last week of May, 2021|
|Interviews will be conducted via video conference in||July / August, 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2021
To be eligible for Admission to the CDFD–RSP–I–2021, the applicant must have:
- A Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture OR MBBS from a recognized University / Institute. Applicants who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified for a Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE / BINC / JEST / UGC – RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship.
- Applicants having qualified for Project – JRF under the ICMR funded project Scheme [which is only for a period of two years] OR DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree OR DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list OR LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination are NOT eligible to apply.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CDFD.
- If a applicant’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the applicant can UPDATE the fellowship status preferably before the examination, but positively before the interview.
- Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying for and appearing in the examination, BUT, only applicants with a valid fellowship will be eligible for interview.
CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2021 Application Process
- Interested applicants (including those who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2021) need to register their names for CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Please contact <[email protected]> for any queries. The Online application facility will be closed on May 09th, 2021.
- The CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination will be held in the last week of May, 2021 (the exact dates will be informed later at the time of issue of Hall tickets / Admit cards).
|For General Applicants||Rs. 500/-|
|For OBC Applicants||Rs. 250/-|
|For SC/ST/ PWD/ Women applicants||no fee|
Also See: Swami Vivekananda MCM Scholarship 2021
CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2021 Selection Procedure
- Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 will be based on an interview via video conference; the exact dates will be informed along with the list of applicants shortlisted for the interview. The applicants should be available for more than one round of interviews, if needed. The shortlist of applicants to appear for these interviews will be prepared by CDFD from:
- Applicants who appear in the Entrance examination that will be conducted jointly by CCMB and CDFD via online mode in last week of May, 2021 (the exact dates will be informed later at the time of issue of Hall tickets / Admit cards) and have applied to CDFD – RSP – I – 2021, (CDFD-LAN Shortlist)
- Applicants who appeared in the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS 2021), which was held on March 7, 2021, and have applied to CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 (CDFD-JGEEBILS Shortlist)
- The short listing will be based on cut-off scores determined by CDFD.
- As the list of applicants shortlisted for interview will be displayed only in June, 2021, applicants who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2021 examination are encouraged to appear for the CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination to be held via online mode in last week of May, 2021.
- Interviews will be conducted via video conference in July / August, 2021; the exact dates will be informed along with the list of applicants shortlisted for the interview.