Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 – Online Application for HS TET
Assam TET 2020 Notification – Secondary Education Department, Assam has released the official notification of Assam Higher Secondary (HS) TET 2020. Interested and eligible applicants may apply online for Assam HS TET Assam 2020-21 at ssa.assam.gov.in starting from 20th December 2020. Applicants who wish to become teachers of LP (lower primary) or UP (upper primary) can appear and qualify Assam TET exam. Check out eligibility, application form, exam date, selection procedure, application fee and more for Assam TET 2020.
Also Apply for ASSAM SLET 2020
Assam TET Exam
|Assam Higher Secondary TET is usually conducted for the recruitment of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) against the vacant posts in provincialized Higher Secondary Schools of Assam|
|Secondary Education Department, Assam going to conduct the HS TET i.e. Higher Secondary TET tentatively on 10th January 2021|
|Conducting Body||Department of Elementary Education (DEE), Assam|
|Course Name||Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) For Lower Primary & Upper Primary Level|
|Exam name||Teacher Eligibility Test (TET)|
Key highlights of Assam TET 2020
Lower Primary (LP) and Upper Primary (UP)
In Assam, including 6th Schedule districts
Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English
Regarding selection of language I for proposed TET, language strategy of the state is to be taken into consideration
Assam TET 2020 Important Dates
Opening of Online Application Form
20th November 2020
Last date of Submission of online Application form
30th November 2020
Last date of fees Payment
03rd December 2020
Date of examination
10th January 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Assam TET 2020
- Applicant must be a citizen of India and permanent resident of Assam
- Applicant must have minimum academic and professional qualification as follows:
- The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised Schools) Service Rules, 2018 , The Assam Secondary Education (Government Schools ) Service Rules, 2020 and OM no ASE 238/2014/214 Dt 8th January 2020 , has prescribed the qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Post Graduate Teachers.
- As per the Schedule appended with the Rules mentioned above the qualification for the Post Graduate Teachers shall be as follows:
- Post-Graduation with at least 50 % marks (or its equivalent) from recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teachers Education recognized institution, but degrees obtained from off campus and distance education institutions shall not be considered as valid. (If the Territorial Jurisdiction of the institution is beyond their approved jurisdiction then the Institution and the subject in which the degree is awarded must have approval of UGC and all other concerned authorities)
- Age of the candidate must not be less than 21 years of age. At the time of appointment in Govt./Prov. Schools upper and lower age limit will be applicable as per the Govt. rules/act prevailing at that time.
Also Apply HTET 2020 Notification
Other Important Points
- The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the School Leaving Certificate /HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
- Graduation and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) OR; Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed) OR; Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed). OR; Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year B.A./B. Sc. Ed. Or B.A. Ed/B. Sc. Ed. OR; Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year B. Ed.(Special Education)
- A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Guideline
Structure & Content of the Test
- The examination shall be for 200 marks with two papers (Paper-I & Paper-II) of 200 multiple choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks. The subject areas broadly are as follows.
|Paper I (Common to all candidates)||Pedagogy, General English ,Basic Numerical and Assam and It’s People||100 Multiple choice questions||100||2 hours|
|Paper II||Candidates has to choose one of the three options as per suitability |
Option- A – Exclusively commerce related
Option- B – Exclusively Science related
Option C –General Studies and Current Affairs
Candidate has to choose the option carefully by studying prescribed syllabus
|100 Multiple choice questions in each Option||100||2 hours|
Zones for holding aforesaid TET Exam
- All applicants who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 7(Seven) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the applicant otherwise fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed as per Govt. of Assam Service rule for recruitment as Post Graduate Teacher.
Assam TET 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of http://ssa.assam.gov.in
- Applicants are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The TET Empowered Committee does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reasons.
- Fee payable: Rs.500/- (Rs. Five hundred) only for general candidate and Rs. 300/- (Three hundred) only for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC and PWD candidate.
- Fee need to be paid in online mode only.
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Assam TET Syllabus 2020
- Syllabus for the aforesaid TET examination is available on website http://ssa.assam.gov.in