WB Postal Circle Recruitment 2019 for 5778 GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) Posts, Apply online
West Bengal Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2019: India Post re-opened the application link for the recruitment to the post of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) under West Bengal Circle. As per the official website “Re-opening of portal for submission of online applications exclusively for West Bengal Madarasa Education Board applicants for Cycle-I notification dated 05.04.2018 as per orders of Ld. These 5778 GDS Posts are in West Bengal Postal Circle, West Bengal. Check out the complete details like vacancy, eligibility, selection procedure, apply online, etc for West Bengal Postal GDS Recruitment 2019.
West Bengal Postal Circle GDS Posts Details
- Name of the Organisation: West Bengal Postal Circle
- Post Name: Gramin Dak Sevak GDS Posts
- Vacancies Number: 5778 Posts
- Job Location: West Bengal
- Category: West Bengal Govt Job
Category Wise Vacancy
Check out more Government Jobs
West Bengal GDS Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Starting Date of Online Application – 05th December 2019
- Last Date of Application – 14th December 2019
Eligibility for West Bengal Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2019
- The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts shall be between 18 and 40 years as on 05th April 2018. The maximum age shall be relaxable by 03 (three) years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 (five) years in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST. [10 years for PH above the respective category]
- The applicant should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification. The applicant passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
- The applicant should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose
- This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a applicant has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the applicant submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
- The applicant selected for the post of GDS BPM must mandatorily take up his/her residence in the Branch Post Office village within one month after selection but before engagement as Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Postmaster. The applicant shall submit a declaration to this effect in the application. The applicant selected for the post of other than GDS BPM should reside in post village/delivery jurisdiction
Adequate Means of Livelihood
- The applicant applying for the post shall note that he/ she will have adequate means of livelihood to support himself/ herself and his/ her family from other sources so as to have to supplement his/her income
- However, this shall not be a pre requisite for candidates for the purpose. Selected applicant shall be required to comply with this condition within 30 days after selection but before engagement. The applicant shall furnish an undertaking in the application itself that he/she has other sources of income besides the allowances to be paid by the Government for adequate means of livelihood for himself/ herself and his/her family
- The candidate after selection as Gramin Dak Sevak shall have to give the undertaking again before engagement
Furnishing of Security
- The applicant applying for the post shall note that he/she shall furnish security amount of Rs. 25,000/- in the event of his/her engagement for the post of BPM and Rs. 10,000/- for other categories
- The security shall be in the form of Fidelity Guarantee bond or National Savings Certificate pledged to the Department of Posts in the name of the President of India.
Accomodation for Locating Branch Post Office
- The applicant selected for the engagement of BPM shall have to provide centrally located accommodation in the Branch Post Office village within 30 days for use as Post Office premises and the expenditure of the hiring if any needs to be borne by the applicants
- No person holding an elective office will be considered for engagement to the post.
- The applicant selected as Gramin Dak Sevak shall not engage in any activity with any outside agency which would be detrimental to the business or interest of the Post Office.
West Bengal Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2019 Selection Criteria
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the applicants online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking applicant into account for calculating the merit.
- In case applicants get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB (higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
- Applicant can opt any choice of eligible posts in circle/circles and preference of priority will be made circle wise as per the order of posts applied as appeared in the submitted application. Selection will be made circle wise and preference will be given as per order of choice in the circle. In case if the applicant is selected in more than one choice of posts with in a circle, selection will be offered to the first selected post in the choice of preference in order for the circle and candidature for all other selected posts will be forfeited for the circle. Same is applicable to all circles for the applicant applied
- However one post is offered for each circle if applied and selected for one or more posts in each circle
- In case applicant willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the applicant enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
- Applicants having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case candidate apply with grades is liable for disqualification of application.
- The applicant will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the applicant to claim for regular selection/appointment
- The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned appointing authorities
West Bengal Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2019 Apply Online
How to Apply?
- Applicant who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number. Applicants already once registered in http://appost.in/gdsonline need not register again
- The same registration number should be used for submission of application. Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through option ‘Forgot registration’.
- For registering the candidature, the applicant should have the following essential data.
- Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father Name
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- Board in which Xth class passed
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
- Any candidate will be allowed to register only one time in the portal. With this registration number he/she may apply to any of the Circles or any number of optional posts
- Candidate should not attempt willful duplicate registrations since duplicate registration entitles disqualification of the registration.
- Applicant of category OC/OBC Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) for each set of five options. Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any identified Post Offices in the circle where online notification is current to make the payment. Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/gdsonline.
- For making the payment candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter.
- However, payment of fee is exempted for all Female, SC/ST and PH candidates. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
- For applying online candidate should submit the application by providing information of Registration Number (and Fee payment Number once, in case of fee to be paid) to proceed to fill up the subsequent information. Documents once uploaded against one registration number will remain, hence for submission of subsequent posts or for other Circles, candidates need not upload any documents further.