WB Police Recruitment 2021 for Constable & Lady Constable (8632 Vacancies)
West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment 2021 – West Bengal Police (WBP) Department has announced the recruitment for the 8632 Constable, & Lady Constable Vacancy.
WB Police Constable 2021 Notification was released on 20th February 2021. Huge numbers of vacancies are notified by the board. Interested candidates who want to apply can check the WB Police Constable Recruitment 2021 Notification and submit their online form by the last date i.e. 20th February 2021.
Also See: West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2020
West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment 2021 Details
|Organization||West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB)|
|Post Name||Constable and Lady Constable|
|Total Vacancy||8632 Posts|
WB Police Vacancy Details
|Sr. No.||Category (Sub-category)||No. of Vacancies|
|4.||Scheduled Caste (E.C.)||560||90|
|6.||Scheduled Tribe (E.C.)||160||26|
Also See: SSC MTS 2021 Notification
WB Police Constable 2021 Important Dates
|Starting Date of Application||22nd January 2021|
|Last Date for submission of application||20th February 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for WB Police Constable Recruitment 2021
- Must be a Citizen of India
- The applicant must not be less than 18 (eighteen) years old and must not be more than 27 (twenty seven) years old as on 01/01/2021. The Upper-age limit shall be relaxed for the SC/ST applicants of West Bengal only by 05 (five) years and OBC applicants of West Bengal only by 03 (three) years.
- The upper age limit is also relaxable for NVF and Home Guards Personnel (serving in West Bengal Police only) as per existing Government Rules. However, Age relaxation is NOT available to Civic Volunteers.
- Date of Birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent admit card/certificate will only be accepted as valid proof for verification of age.
- A candidate belonging to OBC-A or OBC-B category, if shortlisted for interview, has to produce revalidated/renewed or fresh OBC-A / OBC-B certificate issued from the competent authority within 01 (one) year preceding 01.01.2021 during verification of testimonials at the time of interview. Therefore, the certificates issued before 01.01.2020 needs to be revalidated/renewed from the competent authority. Candidates failing to produce revalidated/renewed OBC-A/OBC-B certificate shall not be treated as OBC – A or OBC – B as the case may be. However, they may be considered as UR if they get equal or higher marks than the marks obtained by the last selected candidates under the UR category provided they meet the age criteria for UR candidates. Certificate of OBC without mentioning the specific category (OBC-A/OBC-B) will be treated as an ‘Invalid Certificate’.
- In case a candidate from OBC – A/OBC – B category claims relaxation in upper age limit at the time of submission of application but fails to produce the revalidated/renewed OBC – A/OBC – B certificate at the time of his/her interview, his/her candidature shall summarily be rejected.
- The NVF personnel and Home Guards (serving in WBP only), if shortlisted, have to produce relevant documents regarding service rendered by them, in original, in support of their claim for Age Relaxation at the time of verification during interview.
- Applicants already employed in any Government Organization shall produce No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Office/Disciplinary authority during interview if shortlisted for the same.
Also See: Indian Army TES 2021
- The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- The applicant must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali language. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
- For the applicant of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts, the provisions laid down in the West Bengal Official Language Act, 1961 will be applicable.
Method of Recruitment
- The posts of Constable/Lady Constable in the West Bengal Police shall be filled up on the basis of qualifying the Preliminary Written Test which will act as screening exam followed by the Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Written Examination and Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
Preliminary Written Test (Full Marks – 100)
- Applicants provisionally considered eligible will have to appear in an MCQ based preliminary written test which is qualifying in nature. There would be 100 objective type questions having multiple choice (four choices) of answers carrying 01 (one) mark each.
- The duration of this test will be 1(one) hour. Question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali). Questions of the Preliminary Written Test shall be from the following subjects:
- General Awareness and General Knowledge: 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard): 30 Marks
- Reasoning: 20 Marks
- Note: There will be NEGATIVE marking for each incorrect answer. ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each incorrect answer. West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will decide the prescribed scheme and syllabus for the Preliminary Written Test.
- The qualifying marks in the Preliminary Written Test to appear for the next stage will be fixed by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. The marks obtained by a candidate in the preliminary written test will not be considered for preparing final merit list.
Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- The physical standards (height and weight) of the candidates as given under 3(e) will be tested by using Electronic Machines of those who qualify in the Preliminary Written Test.
Physical Efficiency Test (Pet)
- Candidates who qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET as furnished below.
|Sr. No.||Posts||Event for PET||Timing|
|1.||Constable||1600 (sixteen hundred) meters run||6 (six) minutes 30 (thirty) seconds|
|2.||Lady Constable||800 (eight hundred) meters run||4 (four) minutes|
FINAL WRITTEN EXAM: Full Marks – 85;
- All the candidates who qualify in the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be called to appear in the Final Written Exam to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
- The Final Written Exam will have 85 (eighty five) Multiple Choice (Four choices) Objective Type Questions (MCQs) carrying 01 (one) mark each. The duration of the exam will be 1 (One) hour. Question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali) except questions on English language.
- Question of the Final Written Exam shall be from the following subjects:
- General Awareness and General Knowledge – 25 Marks
- English – 25 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) – 20 Marks
- Reasoning and Logical Analysis – 15 Marks
Interview: Full Marks – 15;
- A limited number of candidates will be called for Interview in accordance with merit. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested.
- On the basis of the marks obtained in the Final Written Exam and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Candidates’ ability to speak in Bengali will also be tested.
- Note: If 02 (two) or more candidates secure the same total marks, their seniority in the final merit/selection list will be decided by the marks obtained by the candidates in the Final Written Exam. The one who secures higher marks in the Final Written Exam will precede in the Merit List
- If the marks secured in the Final Written Exam are also the same then seniority will be determined by their age.
- The one older in age will find precedence in the Merit List. In case of same Date of Birth the principle of determining seniority will be decided by the Board.
- All provisionally selected candidates will be sent for Medical Examination at the State Government designated hospitals.
- The selected candidates should be in good mental and physical health. They should be free from any deformity likely to interfere with efficient performance of their work.
- The candidates will undergo all necessary medical tests as prescribed by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal from time to time.
- The certificate of medical fitness will be issued by an authorized medical officer.
Period of Application
- Application window for submitting application through online mode or downloading of off-line application form with printed challan of Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India)/India Post will remain operative for the period 22nd January to 20th February 2021 (05.00 PM)
- However, the last date for depositing Application and/or Processing Fees only in respect of on-line applicants using Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India) challan, will be 23rd February 2021
- THE APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS WELL IN ADVANCE WITHOUT WAITING FOR THE LAST DATE AND TIME OF SUBMISSION TO AVOID DELAYED SUBMISSION DUE TO SERVER PROBLEM OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL GLITCHES.
Application Fees & Processing Fees
- The following Application and/or Processing fees have been fixed.
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except SC/ST (of West Bengal only)||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 20/-||Rs. 170/-|
|2||SC (West Bengal only)||Nil||Rs. 20/-||Rs. 20/-|
|3||ST (West Bengal only)||Nil||Rs. 20/-||Rs. 20/-|
WB Police Constable Recruitment 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applicants belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay processing fees of Rs. 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any application fees.
- However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification at the time of Interview or their candidatures shall abinitio be considered void.
- If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his/her candidature shall be rejected summarily.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States.
- The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends the facilities of both on-line and off-line submission of applications.
- Applicants will be able to submit application under this mode using the website wbpolice.gov.in by filling up their information including scanned photograph and signature. Applicants are advised to follow the procedure properly for applying through on-line mode.
- Payment of Application and/or Processing Fees can be made on-line through payment gateway by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank. Fees can also be paid through different e-wallets and Bharat QR and UPI App. An amount of Rs. 5/- (Rupees five) only will be charged by the agency concerned as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking/e-wallet/other App facility.
- ONLINE APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD SCANNED COPY OF THEIR RECENT PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH (PREFERABLY COLOURED) AND FULL SIGNATURE IN JPG FORMAT COVERING THE ENTIRE SPACE PROVIDED FOR THE SAME. THE SIZE OF PHOTOGRAPH FILE AND SIGNATURE FILE MUST BE BETWEEN 10 KB – 50 KB AND 5 KB – 20 KB RESPECTIVELY.
- THE IMAGE DIMENSION FOR PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE SHOULD BE 177 PX H X 138 PX W (4.5 CM HEIGHT X 3.5 CM WIDTH) AND 63 PX H X 350 PX W (1.7 CM HEIGHT X 9.2 CM WIDTH) RESPECTIVELY. PHOTOGRAPH MUST BE ON WHITE BACKGROUND WITH 75-80% OF THE PHOTO OCCUPYING THE APPLICANT’S FACE. APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED NOT TO UPLOAD IMAGES OF OTHER OBJECTS IN PLACE OF PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE.
- THE PHOTOGRAPH WITH FACE/HEAD COVERING, SUNGLASS/TINTED GLASSES COVERING THE EYES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PHOTOGRAPHS CROPPED FROM ‘GROUPIES’ OR ‘SELFIES’ SHALL ALSO BE DISALLOWED DURING THE SCRUTINY.
- In case of any difficulties in downloading the off-line application form or in submitting the on-line application form the prospective applicants are advised to communicate either through telephone (Contact No. 7044108689 & 7044109346) during office hours (10 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays (except Govt. Holidays) or through e-mail ([email protected]).
- Candidates may visit the website of West Bengal Police (wbpolice.gov.in) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.