WB SET 2021 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern
WB SET Exam Notification 2021 – West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has released the State Eligibility Test for the Post of Assistant Professor in West Bengal on the Official Site. The candidates must go through the full article to know more about the WB SET Online Application 2021.
WB SET 2021
- West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2021 will be conducted by West Bengal College Service Commission to select and recommend Assistant Professors in the West Bengal Universities & Colleges only
- Who Offered: West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC)
- Which Posts: Assistant Professor
- Exam Name: State Eligibility Test
Also See: APSET 2021 Notification
WB SET 2021 Important Dates
- Commencement of online Application: 16th August 2021 (12 Noon)
- Last date for online Application and Payment: 15th September 2021 (12 Midnight)
- Date of Examination: 09th January 2022
Eligibility Criteria for WB SET 2021
- General/EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exams from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- The OBC belonging to non-creamy layer/ SC/ST/PWD/ Transgender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam from Universities/ Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they (General/EWS) have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks [50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non-creamy layer /SC/ST/PWD (persons with disability)/Transgender category candidates]. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee and qualifying criteria for SET as are available to SC/ST/PWD categories. The subject -wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC/EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
Also See: GSET 2021 Notification
WB SET 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the Official Site https://www.wbcsc.org.in
- Step 2: Now open the Home Page, Candidates can check the link for LATEST NEWS.
- Step 3: Candidates can search the link for ADVERTISEMENT FOR STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (ADVT NO. – 23/SET)
- Step 4: Candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on WBCSC website wbcsconline.in
- Step 5: Before applying online, the candidates must possess the scanned images.
- Step 6: After filling all the details for applying online for SET, the candidates have to opt for payment of examination fee either by credit card/debit card/internet banking.
- Step 7: Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online admit card on the day of examination.
- Step 8: Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of application form will not be accepted by WBCSC.
- Download the e-challan: take a printout of the e-challan & pay the fee in cash in the United Bank of India. Please check the challan is properly signed and the necessary details like branch name, the transaction number, and deposit date have been noted in the challan by the Branch authorities.
- The payment status of a candidate will be updated after two banking days on the official website of the exam conducting body.
- The candidate can check the payment status by login in details.
- After completing the online submission of the application form the candidate must take the printout of it for future use.
- General Candidates – Rs.1200/-
- Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer)/EWS – Rs.600/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender – Rs.300/-
- The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit card/ debit card/internet banking. The additional processing charges as following will be applicable
- Credit Card:20% of the examination fee plus GST as applicable
- Debit Card: Nil
- Internet Banking: 10/- per transaction plus GST as applicable
Scheme & Date of Test
- Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 09th January 2022 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
- First – Paper-I (100 Marks) – No. of Question: 50 questions, all are compulsory; Duration: 1 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST
- Second – Paper-II (200 Marks) – No. of Question: 100 questions, all are compulsory; 2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST
WB SET Exam Date 2021
|DATES OF EXAMINATION : 09/01/2022||PAPER – I||PAPER – II|
|a) Entry in the Examination Hall||08.00 AM (IST)||10.45 AM (IST)|
|b) Distribution of Test Booklet||09.20 AM(IST)||10.50 AM (IST)|
|c) Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/ opened to take out the Answer Sheet||09.25 AM(IST)||10.55 AM (IST)|
|d) Last entry in the Examination Hall||09.30 AM (IST)||11.00 AM (IST)|
|e) Test commences||09.30 AM(IST)||11.00 AM (IST)|
|f) Test concludes||10.30 AM (IST)||01.00 PM(IST)|
WB SET 2021 Admit Card
- It may be noted that the admit card will be uploaded on the website wbcsconline.in in 3rd week of December 2021.No Admit Cards will be sent to the candidates by post.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam center other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card
- Candidates need to enter the login credentials namely User Id and Password to attain the admit card.
- WB SET Admit Card 2021 will not be sent via post or mail.
- WB SET hall ticket 2021 carries information related to the candidates and exam such as the address of the test centre, name of the candidate, exam date, and timing.
- It is a mandatory document to carried without which entry will not be granted.
WB SET 2021 Subject & Syllabus of Test
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper – II & Paper –III (including all electives, without options)
- Syllabi for all SET subjects can be downloaded from the website wbcsconline.in