UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Notification
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the application forms for Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam 2021 for Recruitment to 110 Posts of IFS Officers.
Candidates can apply online from 04th March 2021 till 24th March 2021. Read on for more details on UPSC IFS Exam 2021 like eligibility, application process, exam date, selection procedure, exam pattern and more.
Indian Forest Service 2021
|Organizing Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Number of Attempts||6|
|Number of Vacancies||110 (approximately)|
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Important Dates
|Date of notification||04th March 2021|
|Last date to apply||24th March 2021|
|Dates for withdrawing of online Applications||31st Mar to 06th April 2021|
|Date of Exam (Civil Services Preliminary)||27th June 2021|
|Date of Exam (Mains)||November 2021|
|Preliminary Result||August 2021|
Check out UPSC CISF (AC) LDCE Exam 2021
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021
- A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- (b) a subject of Nepal, or
- (c) a subject of Bhutan, or
- (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or;
- (e) A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India
Also check out UPSC CISF (AC) LDCE Exam
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Note I: Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application (i.e. Detailed Application Form-I) for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Indian Forest Service Main Examination
- Such proof of passing the requisite examination should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of Detailed Application Form-I of the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination. The applications for the Main Examination will be called sometime in the month of August, 2021 through on-line mode.
- NOTE II: In addition, the candidates who possess qualification equivalent to those specified in Rule 7 will be required to produce a certificate from University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 clarifying that the degree is at par with the Bachelor degree specified in Rule 7 along with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidate will not be admitted to the Main Examination.
- NOTE III: In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate provided that he/she has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the examination.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 32 years
- Age relaxation is as follows
- OBC: 3 years
- SC & ST: 5 years
- PWD: 10 years
Number of Attempts
- General: 6
- EWS: 6
- OBC: 9
- SC & ST: Till the age limit
- PWD: 9 (OBC), SC/ST (Till the age limit)
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply online using the link upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination
- Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination also, [subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the on-line application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Examination and the Civil Services Examination
- Candidates, who will qualify for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, will have to fill in a Detailed Application Form subsequently as per further instructions to be provided to the candidates through the website (www.upsconline.nic.in) of the Commission
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if an applicant submits another/multiple applications, then an applicant must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, Photo ID, fee etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID
- GEN/OBC – Rs 100
- SC/ST/PH/Women – Nil
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11.59 P.M. of 23rd March, 2021 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants, who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated, may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date
- Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 06:00 P.M. of 24th March, 2021.
Selection Process for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021
- Selection procedure of Indian Forest Service Exam 2021 will be done in three stages – Preliminary Exam (MCQ type), Mains Exam (descriptive type) and Personal Interview.
- Qualified candidates of preliminary examination will be called for Mains Exam followed by personal interview for final selection.
UPSC Indian Forest Service 2021 Exam Pattern
- Candidates applying for Indian Forest Service Exam are required to appear in the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2021 and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam 2021 (Written and Interview).
|Paper||Total Ques.||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
|No. of Paper||6|