UPSC CMS Exam 2021 for Junior Scale Posts, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer and Other Posts
UPSC CMS 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has released the Combined Medical Service, CMS 2021 Notification at its official website www.upsc.gov.in. A total of 838 vacancies have been notified for the post of Junior Scale, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO).
UPSC CMS 2021 – संघ लोक सेवा आयोग, UPSC ने अपनी आधिकारिक वेबसाइट www.upsc.gov.in पर संयुक्त चिकित्सा सेवा, CMS 2021 अधिसूचना जारी की है। जूनियर स्केल, असिस्टेंट डिवीजनल मेडिकल ऑफिसर, असिस्टेंट मेडिकल ऑफिसर, जनरल ड्यूटी मेडिकल ऑफिसर (GDMO) के पद के लिए कुल 838 रिक्तियों को अधिसूचित किया गया है।
The last date of registration for the UPSC CMS Exam is 27th July 2021. The applicants who have qualified their MBBS and are willing to apply for the UPSC CMS Recruitment 2021 may apply online from 07th July 2021.
यूपीएससी सीएमएस परीक्षा के लिए पंजीकरण की अंतिम तिथि 27 जुलाई 2021 है। जिन आवेदकों ने एमबीबीएस उत्तीर्ण किया है और यूपीएससी सीएमएस भर्ती 2021 के लिए आवेदन करने के इच्छुक हैं, वे 07 जुलाई 2021 से ऑनलाइन आवेदन कर सकते हैं।
UPSC CMS 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Combined Medical Services, CMS|
|Exam Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission, UPSC|
|Type of Question||Objective Type (Multiple choice answers)|
|CMS Exam Stage||2 stages|
|Exam Mode||Online Computer-based Exam & Personality Test|
|Exam Helpline No.||011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543|
Check out below:
|Government Jobs 2021||Defence Jobs||Bank Jobs|
|PSU Jobs||Railway Jobs||State Govt Jobs 2021|
|Teaching Jobs||Insurance Jobs||UPSC Exam Recruitment|
UPSC CMS 2021 Vacancy Details
- The total no. of vacancies that have been notified by the UPSC for the CMS is 838. The following table shows the post wise vacancy distribution.
- The following table shows the post wise vacancy distribution.
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service – 349
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300
- General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) in New Delhi Municipal Council – 05
- General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 184
- Total – 838 Posts
Also Apply Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2022
UPSC CMS 2021 Important Dates
|Starting Date to Apply Online||07th July 2021|
|Closing Date to Apply Online||27th July 2021 till 6.00 P.M|
|The online Applications can be withdrawn from||03rd to 09th August 2021 till 6.00 PM|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee (“Pay by cash” mode)||26th July 2021, 23.59 hrs|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (Online Mode)||27th July 2021|
|UPSC CMS 2021 Exam Date||21st November 2021|
|Declaration of the Result||November/December 2021|
|Release of Answer Key||To be announce|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS 2021
- Check the eligibility from below as mentioned in the official brochure. आधिकारिक विवरणिका में बताए अनुसार नीचे से पात्रता की जाँच करें।
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- The subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Note: For a person belonging from category 2 to 5 have to issue a certificate of eligibility from Gov. of India.
- A applicant for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 01st August 2021, i.e. the applicant must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1989
- However, for Junior Time Scale Posts in Central Health Services, the upper age limit must not exceed 35 (thirty-five years) on the aforesaid cut-off date.
- The upper age limit is relaxed in the following cases. The applicants lying in these categories can avail for age relaxation.
- SC/ST – Upto 5 years
- Other backward class – Upto 3 years
- Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir – Upto 5 years
- Defence service personnel disabled in operations – Upto 3 years
- Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- In the case of disability – Upto 10 years
Also Apply ISRO Apprentice Recruitment 2021
- Applicant must be the holder of an MBBS degree from MCI recognized university in India.
- Applicant appearing in the final year of the MBBS exam is also fit to apply.
- A applicant qualified for the written test needs to submit the proof of the clearing of the written examination and practical test of the final MBBS exam along with the application form.
- Applicant about to complete with the compulsory rotating internship can also go for Combined Medical & Services Exam but will be appointed only after the completion of the internship.
Physical and Medical Standards
- Applicants must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Examination 2021 as per regulations contained in Appendix III to the Rules of the Examination.
UPSC CMS 2021 Selection Process
- Selection will be made through Written Examination, Personality Test, Document Verification and Medical Examination
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2021
- Admission to UPSC CMS is done by qualifying 2 stage procedures: || Part I and Part II ||. The Exam Pattern for the UPSC CMS for the Junior Scale Posts and other posts is given below.
Part-I Computer Based Exam (500 marks)
- The applicants will take the Computer based examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- Both the Papers of the CMSE will be of MBBS standard.
- One-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The question paper will be set only in English.
Part-II Personality Test: (100 Marks)
- Personality test carrying 100 marks of such of the applicants who qualify on the results of the Computer based exam.
UPSC CMS Paper I
|Paper I||Marks: 250|
|General Medicine||96 questions|
UPSC CMS Paper-II
|Paper-II||Max Marks: 250|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus 2021
- The syllabus for UPSC CMS Paper I and Paper II is explained below.
Syllabus for UPSC CMS Paper-I
- Paper I of UPSC CMS will be of 250 Marks. There will be 120 questions. All the questions will be objective in nature. Out of the 120 questions, 96 will be from General Medicine and 24 from Paediatrics.
- General medicine
Syllabus for UPSC CMS Paper-II
- The UPSC CMS Paper II will be of 250 Marks and will include the following. There will be three parts each of 40 Marks. The following are the subjects for the UPSC CMS Paper II.
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Preventive & Social Medicine
Also Apply Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2022
UPSC CMS 2021 Admit Card
- UPSC CMS 2021 Admit Card available on the official website of UPSC. Applicants can download the admit card before the 3 weeks. UPSC will not send the admit card by post. Admit Card must be carry during exams otherwise not allow to set an exam hall.
UPSC CMS Result
- UPSC CMS Result will be announced after the written result. After one or two months of the Written Exam, the result will be declared. After that applicants will be selected for the Interview round.
UPSC CMS 2021 Exam Centres
- Agartala; Dharwad; Ahmedabad; Dispur; Aizwal; Gangtok; Bengaluru; Hyderabad; Bareilly; Imphal; Bhopal; Itanagar; Chandigarh; Jaipur; Chennai; Jammu; Cuttack; Jorhat; Dehradun; Kochi; Delhi; Kohima; Kolkata; Sambalpur; Lucknow; Shillong; Madurai; Shimla; Mumbai; Srinagar; Nagpur; Thiruvananthapuram; Panaji (Goa); Tirupati; Patna; Udaipur; Port Blair; Vishakhapatnam; Prayagraj (Allahabad); Raipur; Ranchi
UPSC CMS 2021 Application Fee
- Applicants (Excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD applicants who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay of fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Application who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 17th August 2021 i.e. one day before the closing date
- Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours to SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6.00 P.M. of 18th August 2021.
- Applicants should note that payment of exam fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other exam or selection
Also Apply DRDO Apprentice Recruitment 2021
UPSC CMS 2021 Application Form
How to Apply Online?
- Applicants are required to apply Online by using the link https://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed Instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicant’s details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All applicants, whether already in Government Service or Govt. owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications online direct to the Commission.
- Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office/ Department that they have applied for the Exam.
- Note 1: While filling in his/her online application form, the applicant should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre.
- Note 2: Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Applicants are not required to submit hard copy of the application to the Commission at this stage.