UPSC CMS 2020 Notification for 559 Vacancies
UPSC CMS 2020 Notification – The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has been announced the Combined Medical Service, CMS 2020 Notification at its official website www.upsc.gov.in. A total of 559 vacancies have been notified for the post of Junior Scale, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO). The last date of registration for UPSC CMS Exam is 18th August 2020. However, the online Applications can be withdrawn from 25th August to 31st August 2020 till 06.00 PM.
यूपीएससी सीएमएस 2020 अधिसूचना – संघ लोक सेवा आयोग, यूपीएससी को अपनी आधिकारिक वेबसाइट www.upsc.gov.in पर संयुक्त चिकित्सा सेवा, सीएमएस 2020 अधिसूचना की घोषणा की गई है। जूनियर स्केल, असिस्टेंट डिवीजनल मेडिकल ऑफिसर, असिस्टेंट मेडिकल ऑफिसर, जनरल ड्यूटी मेडिकल ऑफिसर (GDMO) के पद के लिए कुल 559 रिक्तियां अधिसूचित की गई हैं। यूपीएससी सीएमएस परीक्षा के लिए पंजीकरण की अंतिम तिथि 18 अगस्त 2020 है। हालांकि, ऑनलाइन आवेदन 25 अगस्त से 31 अगस्त 2020 तक शाम 06 बजे तक वापस लिए जा सकते हैं।
The applicants who have qualified their MBBS and are willing to apply for the UPSC CMS Recruitment 2020 may apply online from 29th July 2020.
जो आवेदक अपनी MBBS योग्य हैं और UPSC CMS भर्ती 2020 के लिए आवेदन करने के इच्छुक हैं, वे 29 जुलाई 2020 से ऑनलाइन आवेदन कर सकते हैं।
Check out below:
UPSC CMS 2020 Highlights
Combined Medical Services, CMS
Exam Conducting Body
Union Public Service Commission, UPSC
Type of Question
Objective Type (Multiple choice answers)
CMS Exam Stage
Online Computer-based Exam & Personality Test
Exam Helpline No.
Exam Official Website
UPSC CMS 2020 Vacancy Details
The total no. of vacancies that have been notified by the UPSC for the CMS is 559. The following table shows the post wise vacancy distribution.
Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service
Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service
General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) in New Delhi Municipal Council
General Duty Medical Officer Gr-II (GDMO) in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation
UPSC CMS 2020 Important Dates
Date of Notification
29th July 2020
Starting Date of Application Form
29th July 2020
Last Date of Application Form and Fee Payment
18th August 2020 till 6.00 PM
UPSC CMS Form Withdrawal Date
25th August to 31st August 2020 till 6.00 PM
Issuance of Admit Card
3 weeks before the Exam Date
Date of Exam
22nd October 2020
Declaration of the Result
To be announced
Release of Answer Key
To be announce
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS 2020
- Check the eligibility from below as mentioned in the official brochure.
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- The subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Note: For a person belonging from category 2 to 5 have to issue a certificate of eligibility from Gov. of India.
- A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 01st August 2020, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1988.
- However, for Junior Time Scale Posts in Central Health Services, the upper age limit must not exceed 35 (thirty-five years) on the aforesaid cut-off date.
- The upper age limit is relaxed in the following cases. The candidates lying in these categories can avail for age relaxation.
- SC/ST – Upto 5 years
- Other backward class – Upto 3 years
- Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir – Upto 5 years
- Defence service personnel disabled in operations – Upto 3 years
- Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- In the case of disability – Upto 10 years
- Candidate must be the holder of an MBBS degree from MCI recognized university in India.
- Candidate appearing in the final year of the MBBS exam is also fit to apply.
- A candidate qualified for the written test needs to submit the proof of the clearing of the written examination and practical test of the final MBBS exam along with the application form.
- Candidate about to complete with the compulsory rotating internship can also go for Combined Medical & Services Exam but will be appointed only after the completion of the internship.
Physical and Medical Standards
- Candidates must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Examination 2020 as per regulations contained in Appendix III to the Rules of the Examination.
- Selection will be made through Written Examination, Personality Test, Document Verification and Medical Examination
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2020
- Admission to UPSC CMS is done by qualifying 2 stage procedures: || Part I and Part II ||. The Exam Pattern for the UPSC CMS for the Junior Scale Posts and other posts is given below.
Part-I Computer Based Exam (500 marks)
- The candidates will take the Computer based examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- Both the Papers of the CMSE will be of MBBS standard.
- One-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The question paper will be set only in English.
Part-II Personality Test: (100 Marks)
- Personality test carrying 100 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the results of the Computer based exam.
UPSC CMS Paper I
UPSC CMS Paper-II
Max Marks: 250
Gynaecology & Obstetrics
Preventive & Social Medicine
Syllabus for UPSC CMS Exam 2020
- The syllabus for UPSC CMS Paper I and Paper II is explained below.
Syllabus for UPSC CMS Paper-I
- Paper I of UPSC CMS will be of 250 Marks. There will be 120 questions. All the questions will be objective in nature. Out of the 120 questions, 96 will be from General Medicine and 24 from Paediatrics.
- General medicine
Syllabus for UPSC CMS Paper-II
- The UPSC CMS Paper II will be of 250 Marks and will include the following. There will be three parts each of 40 Marks. The following are the subjects for the UPSC CMS Paper II.
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Preventive & Social Medicine
UPSC CMS 2020 Admit Card
- UPSC CMS 2020 Admit card available on the official website of UPSC. Applicants can download the admit card before the 3 weeks. UPSC will not send the admit card by post. Admit Card must be carry during exams otherwise not allow to set an exam hall.
- UPSC CMS Result will be announced after the written result. After one or two months of the Written Exam, the result will be declared. After that applicants will be selected for the Interview round.
UPSC CMS 2020 Exam Centres
- Agartala; Dharwad; Ahmedabad; Dispur; Aizwal; Gangtok; Bengaluru; Hyderabad; Bareilly; Imphal; Bhopal; Itanagar; Chandigarh; Jaipur; Chennai; Jammu; Cuttack; Jorhat; Dehradun; Kochi; Delhi; Kohima; Kolkata; Sambalpur; Lucknow; Shillong; Madurai; Shimla; Mumbai; Srinagar; Nagpur; Thiruvananthapuram; Panaji (Goa); Tirupati; Patna; Udaipur; Port Blair; Vishakhapatnam; Prayagraj (Allahabad); Raipur; Ranchi
- Applicants (Excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay of fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Application who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 17th August 2020 i.e. one day before the closing date
- Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours to SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6.00 P.M. of 18th August 2020.
- Applicants should note that payment of exam fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other exam or selection
UPSC CMS 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applicants are required to apply Online by using the link https://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed Instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicant’s details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service or Govt. owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications online direct to the Commission.
- Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Exam.
- Note 1: While filling in his/her online application form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre.
- Note 2: Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Applicants are not required to submit hard copy of the application to the Commission at this stage.
- AAI Junior Executive Recruitment 2020
- UKSSSC Recruitment 2020 for 300 Steno Personal Asst
- Haryana Postal Circle Recruitment 2020
- SBI Circle Based Officer Recruitment 2020
- NSCL Recruitment 2020 for 220 Management Trainee Other Trainee Posts