UPSC 2022 Notification for Civil Services Examination (CSE)
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the recruitment process of Civil Services 2022 with the announcement of application forms for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2022 for approximately 712 vacancies. Candidates can apply from March 2022. Aspirants can check more details for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 from the page below.
UPSC CSE Exam 2022 Summary
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Notification||UPSC IAS Prelims 2022|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Important Dates
|Commencement of Submission of the online application||1st week of March 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of the Online Application Process||4th week of March 2022|
|UPSC Civil Services IAS Prelims 2022 Exam Date||4th week of June 2022|
|Preliminary Result||August 2022|
Check out UPSC Exam Recruitment
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022
|Union Public Service Commission will conduct Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Exam for recruitment of Services and Posts mentioned below.|
|Name of the Post|
|1||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|2||Indian Foreign Service (IFS)|
|3||Indian Police Service (IPS)|
|4||Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’|
|5||Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|6||Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’|
|7||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|8||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’ (IRS)|
|9||Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Adm.)|
|10||Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’|
|11||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|12||Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’|
|13||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|14||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’|
|15||Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A|
|16||Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’|
|17||Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’|
|18||Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)|
|19||Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”|
|20||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)|
|21||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B|
|22||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’|
|23||Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’|
|24||Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’|
Also check out UPSC CISF (AC) LDCE Exam
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the exam but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August 2022 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 01st August 2001.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof;
- d) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2022 and have been released:
- on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2022, otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency); or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or
- on in validment. (e) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2022 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- (f) up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of candidates belonging to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) categories viz.
Also See: UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2021
- Candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
- Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s exam but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying exam will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Exam.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Exam will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite exam with their application for the Main.
- Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Exam
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, which are recognized by the Govt. as equivalent to professional and technical degree, would also be eligible for admission to the exam.
Number of Attempts
- General – 6
- EWS – 6
- OBC – 9
- SC & ST – Till the age limit
- PWD – 9 (OBC), SC/ST (Till the age limit)
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Online application form to be available from March 2022 on https://upsconline.nic.in
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” given in Appendix-IIA.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/ Driving Licence/ Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her
- This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test.
- The facility of withdrawal of Application is available for those candidates who do not want to appear for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix IIB of this Examination Notice
- GEN/OBC – Rs 100
- SC/ST/PH/Women – Nil
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11.59 P.M. of 4th week of March, 2022 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants, who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated, may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date
- Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 06:00 P.M. of 4th week of March, 2022.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern 2022
|Paper||Total Ques.||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
|Paper||Name of Paper||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper A||Indian language (objective)||3 Hours||300|
|Paper B||English (objective)||3 Hours||300|
|Paper I||Essay||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper II||3 Hours||250|
Civil Services Exam 2022 Selection Process
- Selection procedure of civil services exam 2022 will complete in two stages – Preliminary Exam (MCQ type), Mains Exam (descriptive type) and Personal Interview.
- Qualified candidates of preliminary examination will be called for Mains Exam followed by personal interview for final selection.