SSC MTS 2022 Notification Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria
SSC MTS 2022 – The Staff Service Commission (SSC) is the responsible body for conducting the Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff (MTS) Exam. It is also known as SSC MTS Exam. SSC MTS Exam is conducted to recruit candidates in the General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/Union Territories.
Check out complete details of SSC MTS 2022 eligibility criteria, age limit, educational qualification, application form, selection process, exam pattern, pay scale, salary, fees, and more for SSC MTS Vacancy 2022.
Also Read SSC CGL 2022 Notification
SSC MTS 2022 Notification Details
|Name of the Board||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Post||Multi-Tasking Staff|
|Number of vacancies||3603 Posts|
|Status||Notification Released soon|
SSC MTS 2022 Important Dates
|Dates for submission of online applications||22nd Mar to 30th April 2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||30th April 2022 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||02nd May 2022 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||03rd May 2022 (23:00)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||04th May 2022|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction||05th to 09th May 2022 (23:00)|
|SSC MTS Exam Dates (Paper I)||July 01 to 20, 2022|
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I)||July 2022|
|Dates of Paper-II Examination (Descriptive)||To be Notified Soon|
SSC MTS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate is required to be
- A citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee
- Person of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Afghanistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam
Also Read: Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2022
- A candidate must be of a minimum of 18 years of age and must not exceed 25 years of age. Apart from the mentioned Age Requirement, candidates belonging to reserved categories are given age relaxation as per Government Rules.
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PwD (Unreserved) – 10 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- PwD (SC/ST) – 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM) – 03 years after
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 – 5 years
- Defense Personnel is disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof. – 3 years
- Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST) – 8 years
- Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. – Up to 40 years of age
- Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST) – Up to 45 years of age
- Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried – Up to 35 years of age
- Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST) – Up to 40 years of age
- Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces. – Up to 45 years of age
- Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST) – Up to 50 years
- Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies ) – 3 years plus the length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of the past year.
- The candidates must have passed the Matriculation Exam or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- As per MHRD Notification published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for employment to posts and services under the Central Govt. provided they have been approved by the University Grants Commission
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates, etc. for completion of Matriculation or equivalent in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be canceled by the Commission.
- Candidates possessing equivalent educational qualification shall also produce a relevant Equivalence Certificate from the concerned authorities at the time of Document Verification
SSC MTS 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Interested eligible candidates should apply online only any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I and Annexure-II of this Notice.
- The last date for submission of online applications is 02nd February 2021
- Registration Part is compulsory for one-time registration for any examination conducted by SSC. After registration, the candidate may log into the system and can proceed with application filling
- Candidates are advised in their interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
Steps to Apply
- Go to the official SSC website ssc.nic.in.
- Register on the official website by clicking on the ‘Register Now’ link provided in the ‘Login’ Section
- Now, log in to your account by entering your registration number and password.
- Click the ‘Apply’ link in ‘Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination 2020
- After providing all the details, now upload the scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- The last step is fee submission. Submit the fee by credit/ debit card or e-challan.
- After submitting the fee, a confirmation mail/msg will be sent to the candidates.
- General and OBC – Rs 100/-
- Women /SC/ST/PH/Ex-Servicemen – No Fee
- Fee can be paid via Online or Offline/SBI Challan Mode
SSC MTS Selection Process
- The SSC MTS Selection Process is a two-stage procedure.
- SSC MTS Paper I – Written Test
- SSC MTS Paper-II – Descriptive Test
- Paper-1 is an online exam that is an objective multiple choice question type.
- Paper-2 is a pen and paper mode of exam which includes writing a short essay or letter in English or any language is included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution.
- Paper-II will only be of qualifying nature and is intended to test elementary language skills. Paper-II will be held only for those candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.
- Paper-II is only qualifying in nature. However, marks scored by the candidates in Paper-II will be used to decide merit in case more than one candidate scores equal normalized marks in Paper-I.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
- The paper pattern for SSC MTS saw a change in the previous year’s session of the exam.
- The exam consists of two papers i.e. Paper I & Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is conducted online while Paper 2 is pen and paper-based.
For Paper I
- SSC MTS Paper I will have four sections.
- The duration of the SSC MTS Exam will be 90 minutes for General Candidates and 120 minutes for PwD Candidates.
- Paper I is an objective type paper with four MCQs out of which one will be correct.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect or unattempted questions.
|Parts||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam|
|I||General English||25||25||90 minutes||120 minutes|
|II||General Intelligence & reasoning||25||25|
|Total||4 Sections||100 Questions||100 Marks||1 Hr 30 min||2 Hours|
|For Paper II|
|SSC MTS Paper-II will be held only for those candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.|
|SSC MTS Paper-II will be pen and paper mode paper which will be descriptive.|
|The Paper will be set in Hindi, English and other languages mentioned in the VIIIth Schedule of the Constitution.|
|The maximum number of marks is 50 marks.|
|The duration of SSC MTS Paper-II is 30 minutes for the General Category and 40 minutes for the PwD category of candidates.|
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for PWD|
|One short essay/letter in English|
or any other language included in the 8thschedule of the constitution
|50 marks||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
SSC MTS Pay Scale/Salary
- The SSC will hold a Competitive Exam for recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff in Pay Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs 1800, (Revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC: Pay Level in Pay Matrix – Level-1), a General Central Service Group “C‟ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Govt. of India, in different States/ Union Territories.