RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2021 Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Salary
RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2021 – Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has published the recruitment notification for the post of Security Guard in various offices of the Bank on its website rbi.org.in
Interested and eligible ex-servicemen can apply for RBI Security Guard Recruitment from 22nd January to 12th February 2021 on opportunities. More details such as vacancy break-up, qualification, age limit, salary, selection process, exam pattern in the article below.
RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2021 Details
|Conducting Body||Reserve Bank of India|
|No of Vacancy||241 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
Also See: SSC MTS 2021 Notification
RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|Online Application Start Date||22nd January 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||12th February 2021|
|Online Test||Feb/March 2021 (Tentative)|
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post. Candidates are requested to apply online through the Bank’s website.
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2021
(a) Age (as on 01/01/2021)
- Normal age limit of 25 years (28 years for OBC and 30 years for SC/ST as per category relaxation provided by the Government of India) as on January 01, 2021, is further relaxed to the extent of number of years of service in Armed Forces plus 3 years subject to maximum upper age limit of 45 years. The upper age limit of 45 years is uniformly applicable to candidates belonging to all categories inclusive of reserved candidates.
- In case of dispute regarding age, the date of birth as recorded in the school leaving certificate shall be final.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of Physical Test.
(b) Caste Criteria
- Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC, shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate is exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the Central Government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted. Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him based on his father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the on-line application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
- Reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ST/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) may apply against unreserved vacancies if vacancies have not been reserved for their category in their state. However, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria for age etc. at par with unreserved candidates. Candidates from SC/ST will, however, be eligible for fee relaxation, wherever, applicable.
Also See: Indian Army TES 2021
(c) Educational Qualifications (as on 1/01/2021)
- The candidate should have passed 10th Standard (S.S.C./Matriculation) from recognized State Education Board or equivalent. Ex-servicemen who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the recruitment zone either before or after leaving the military service are also eligible.
- In addition to the above, the candidate should be a resident of the State/UT coming under the Regional Jurisdiction of the Recruitment Office to which he is applying (Refer Annexure III).
- The candidate should be an undergraduate as on 1/01/2021. Graduates and candidates possessing higher qualification are not eligible to apply.
- Although matriculate Ex-servicemen with 15 years of experience are considered as “Graduates” they are eligible to apply.
- The qualification as claimed by the candidate must have been entered in Soldier’s Discharge Book and supported by valid documents.
- Bank reserves the right to call for documents in support of residential status of the candidate.
- Only ex-servicemen with proper military background are eligible. The candidates should have experience of handling arms and ammunition in the military.
- Orthopedically handicapped/Hearing Impaired/Visually Handicapped/disabled ex-servicemen/declared medically unfit, who cannot undertake the duties, mentioned under paragraph (4) of this advertisement, properly will not be eligible. Before applying for the post of Security Guard, the candidate should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility norms in all respects as mentioned above. Applications incomplete in any respect and/or not accompanied by relevant documents/certificates and/or received late shall be rejected. Bank’s decision in this regard shall be final. The Bank reserves the right to reject any application/candidature at any stage of the recruitment process without assigning any reason/s.
Scheme of Selection
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks in Online Test. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a Physical test which will be of qualifying in nature. From the candidates who qualify in the physical test, a merit list based on the marks scored in the online test shall be prepared. These provisionally shortlisted candidates will have to successfully complete document verification, biometric verification and any other procedure as may be decided by the Bank. They will also have to undergo the pre-recruitment medical test. Final selection will be done based on all these mandatory procedures.
(A) Details of Online Test
|Sr. No.||Name of the subject (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (in Minutes)|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||80 minutes|
- Out of the above three papers, Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability will be in bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi.
- There will not be any negative marking for wrong answer and no sectional cut-off in the Online Test.
- Other detailed information regarding the test will be given in an Information Handout, which can be downloaded by the candidates from the Bank’s website along with call letter.
(B) Details of Physical Test
- Details are given in Annexure-I.
- Physical Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Candidates appearing for Physical test will have to produce a medical certificate (as per Annexure V) from a medical officer not below the rank of Civil Surgeon/Asst. Surgeon certifying that the candidate is medically fit to undergo physical test. Further, the candidates will have to give an undertaking as per Annexure IV.
- Travelling expenses will be borne by the candidates appearing for Physical test.
(C) Identity Verification – Biometric Data Capturing or by other mode
- The Bank reserves its right to conduct biometric verification/other mode of verification any time during or after the selection. in case, if any candidate is found not to be genuine, then apart from taking legal actions against them, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Accordingly, the Bank, at various stages, may capture photograph / thumb impression / IRIS Scan of the candidates in digital format for verification/biometric verification of the candidates. Candidate will ensure that their correct photograph/ thumb impression/ IRIS Scan is captured at various stages as any inconsistency will lead to rejection of their candidature. Candidates are advised to follow the guidelines that shall be provided to them in their call letter.
Pre-Exam Training for SC/ST/OBC Candidates
- The Bank may arrange combined pre-examination training at certain centres for a limited number of SC/ST/OBC candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India. Candidates desirous to avail such training may write to the concerned Regional Office (RO) of the Bank to whom the candidate is applying.
- An indicative list of training centres is given below. Those candidates will be intimated about the training by the concerned RO. All expenses i.e. travelling, boarding, lodging etc. for the training will be borne by the candidate.
- The Bank reserves the right to cancel/add/alter/modify any test centre/address or make alternate arrangement depending on the response received and administrative feasibility. Such trainings will be conducted under social distancing norms.
- Online test will be conducted in different venues (of different centres) of the states/UTs falling under the jurisdiction of the recruiting office. The tentative list of test centres is available in Annexure VI.
- As far as possible candidates will be allotted a centre of his choice within the jurisdiction of the recruiting office from which he is applying. The Bank however, reserves the right to add/cancel/modify any of the test venue/Centre within or outside the jurisdiction of recruiting office, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, contingencies etc. and the candidate will be intimated of the change of centre well in advance. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard and the decision of the Bank shall be final.
- Candidates will have to appear for the Online test as well as Physical test at his own risk and expenses. The Bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- No request for change of centre for Test shall be entertained.
- Centers for the Physical test will be intimated after declaration of online test result.
Service Conditions / Career Prospects
- Pay Scale: Security Guards will draw a starting basic pay of ₹10940/- per month in the scale of 10940-380 (4)-12460- 440(3) -13780-520(3)-15340-690 (2)-16720- 860(4) – 20160 – 1180 (3)- 23700 (20 years) and other allowances, viz: Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance, Personal Fixed Allowance, Shift Allowance, Special Functional Allowance, Special Allowance (I), Grade Allowance, Washing Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Security Guards is approximately ₹27,678/- including House Rent Allowance @ of 15%.
- Perquisites: RBI’s accommodation subject to availability, Reimbursement of education expenses, Reimbursement of cost of spectacles, Book Grant, News Paper Bill, Furnishing of residence, Reimbursement of GSLI, Car Insurance, Conveyance Allowance etc. as per eligibility. Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment / hospitalization as per eligibility; Interest free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply only online using the website rbi.org.in from January 22, 2021 – February 12, 2021. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available at Appendix -I which is available on the Bank’s website rbi.org.in
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if the candidate submits another/multiple applications, then the candidate must ensure that application with the higher Registration ID (RID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph and signature, fee etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the last completed applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Bank and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Intimation charges (Non- Refundable) of Rs. 50/- shall be payable from January 22, 2021 – February 12, 2021. Staff candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
General Rules/ Instructions
- Candidates can apply for a vacancy existing in one office only, under which jurisdiction (refer Annexure III) they are resident as on the date of application and accordingly, will have to opt for the online test from a centre within the states/UTs under the regional jurisdiction of that office. For example, a candidate residing in the state/UT of Gujarat/Daman and Diu can apply only for vacancy existing in Ahmedabad office and opt for a centre under the jurisdiction of the Ahmedabad office.
- Candidates need not submit /send application printouts or copies of any other certificates at the time of online application to the Bank
- Their candidature will be considered on the strength of the information declared in the application. If at any stage, it is found that any information furnished in the online application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Bank, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, his candidature/ appointment is liable to be cancelled/ terminated.
- All educational qualifications should have been obtained from recognized Boards/ institutions in India. If grades are awarded instead of marks, candidates should clearly indicate its numerical equivalent.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post and the Bank shall not entertain request from candidates seeking advice about their eligibility to apply.
- Date of birth as recorded in School Leaving Certificate/ Transfer Certificate/Certificate of Domicile/ Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation will only be accepted as proof of age.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates will have to visit Bank’s website for downloading call letters of online test and an intimation to that effect will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he can access the window for call letter download
- The candidate is required to use (a) Registration Number/Roll Number, (b) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same which was provided during registration. The candidate must appear at the test centre with (a) Call Letter (b) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in clause (xiii) and call letter. Original Photo Identity Proof may be brought along with a photocopy.
- The candidates will have to appear for the exam at their own cost.