POWER GRID Jobs Recruitment 2020 – Executive Trainee Posts
POWER GRID Jobs Recruitment 2020 – Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has announced a notification for the recruitment of Executive Trainee in the disciplines of Electrical / Electronics/ Civil through GATE 2021. Check out eligibility, age limit, qualification, application procedure, selection procedure and more for PGCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020.
POWER GRID Jobs
|Job Location||Across India|
|POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Maharatna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision and control over complete Inter-State transmission system.|
|POWERGRID operates around 164,115 circuit kms. of transmission lines along with 248 Sub-stations (as on 30.07.2020) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network.|
|POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 66,922 kms of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 714 locations and intra-city network in 206 cities across India.|
Vacancies & Reservation
- Details of number of vacancies and reservation shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before commencement of Online Registration
- However, reservation shall be provided to OBC (NCL)/ EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives
- Executive Trainee (Electrical)
- Executive Trainee (Electronics)
- Executive Trainee (Civil)
Also See: UPSC Geologist Exam 2021 Notification
Power Grid Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID
15th January 2021
Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID
15th February 2021
Eligibility Criteria for PGCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Valid Score in the GATE 2021
- Applicant should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2021 Organizing Body.
- Executive Trainee (Electrical): Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/Power Engineering (Electrical) from recognized University / Institute
- Executive Trainee (Electronics): Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) in Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics &Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engg. from recognized University / Institute
- Executive Trainee (Civil): Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) in Civil Engineering from recognized University / Institute
- Percentage of Marks: Minimum 70% or Equivalent CGPA
- Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2021 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final exam
- In case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing minimum 70% marks in essential qualification
- Age – 28 years as on 31st December 2020
- For OBC(NCL) Applicants – 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- For SC/ST Applicants – 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- For PwD Applicants – 10 years over and above category relaxation
- J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots – As per Govt. of India directives
Also Apply: SSC JE Recruitment 2020-21
- The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Eligible applicants will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2021, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE) / Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE).
- Applicants qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2021 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE 2021 shall be as decided by GATE 2021 conducting authority.
- Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2021, in the corresponding paper.
- Applicants shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
- Applicants shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
- Applicants must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying % in interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
Qualifying % in Interview
Unreserved / EWS
OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/ PwD
30% (for posts reserved for the corresponding category as per notification to be issued before online submission of application to POWERGRID.)
- Group discussion will not have any Qualifying Marks.
- Weightage of Different Parameters
- For calculation of final score of a applicant for empanelment, the weightages of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
GATE 2021 Marks (out of 100) in EE Paper
Empanelment of Candidates
- Applicants shortlisted for GD and interview may have to undergo psychometric assessment results of which shall be used as an input during the interview. Applicants who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. Therefore it is again reiterated that candidates will have to qualify in GATE 2021 and in Personal Interview separately in order to be considered eligible for empanelment.
- Please note that only GATE 2021 score (Normalized Marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2020 or prior is not valid.
- The offer of appointment shall be issued to the suitable applicants in the order of category wise merit and based on the requirement. Selected applicants shall be notified through their login in Online application system.
- Applicants should have sound health. No relaxation in POWERGRID Medical Norms is allowed. For details of standards on medical fitness, please visit career section of our website: www.powergridindia.com.
- The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected applicants will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 60,000 – Rs. 1,80,000/- during the one-year training period. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Assistant Managers in the same scale.
- On regularization, the Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave encashment, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance etc.
Power Grid Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020 Application Process
How to Apply?
- Applicants have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2021.
- For details on GATE 2021, please visit http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/
- A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 10th January 2021 (Tentative).
- Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 15th Jan 2021 to 15th Feb 2021 (Tentative). Applicants have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2021 Application No., GATE 2021 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com.
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. You are required to login to your candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete.
- Applicants will be required to retain their GATE 2021 Admit card and GATE 2021 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
- GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POWERGRID.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Essential qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or University.
- Vacancies are for requirement all over the country, mostly on site locations. Selected candidates shall be assigned for OJT and final postings accordingly.
- Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
- Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Applicants working in Govt. organisations / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
- Applicants claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to OBC- Non creamy layer as on last date of online submission of application to POWERGRID.
- Applicants selected in POWERGRID are liable to be posted anywhere in India and Abroad.
- For any queries regarding this recruitment please send email to [email protected] with “ ET 26- ____________” in the subject line. Applicants are required to add this email-id to their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap.
- However, candidates are advised to go through the advertisement in detail and not to raise any query which is already mentioned/ clarified in the advertisement. For technical queries relating to online application form or browsing issues mail may be sent with subject line: “ET 26 – Technical Issue – <subject matter>”. For other recruitment related issue, mail may be sent with subject line: “ET 26- <subject matter>”.
- No correspondence regarding this recruitment made in Complaint Management System of POWERGRID will be entertained.
- Legal jurisdiction will be NCT of Delhi in case of any cause / dispute.
- Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment/ selection process without notice or if joined services are liable to be terminated, if any information provided by the candidate is not found in conformity with the eligibility criteria notified or POWERGRID comes across any evidence/ knowledge that the qualification/ experience /and any other particulars indicated in application/personal resume/ other forms/ formats are not recognized/ false/ misleading and / or amounts to suppression of information/ particulars which should have been brought to the notice of POWERGRID or that the candidate has been shortlisted for next stage in the process/ has secured employment in POWERGRID through or adopting any unfair means.
- Mere appearance in GATE 2021 or submission of application to POWERGRID does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for further selection process.