PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2019 Apply Online
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2019: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has announced the recruitment notification 2019 of Diploma Trainee (Electrical & Civil) Post for 35 vacancies. The eligible and interested applicants can apply through online on or before 16th December 2019. Before registering and submitting their applications on the website, the applicant should possess a Valid Self E-mail ID, Alternate E-mail ID and Mobile number. Check out the complete details of Power Grid Recruitment 2019 like vacancy details, eligibility, apply online, selection procedure, dates for PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2019.
PGCIL Vacancy Details
- Name of the Board: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Total No. of Vacancies: 35 Posts
- Post Name: Diploma Trainee
- Category: Recruitment
- POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a “Maharatna” Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-state transmission system
- To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic professionals to be inducted in the posts as detailed below for Northern Region-I covering the states of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Haryana & Delhi.
Check out Government Jobs
Post & Category-wise Break Up of Vacancies
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical) – 30 (UR – 014, OBC (NCL) – 07, SC – 06, ST – 01, EWS – 02)
- Diploma Trainee (Civil) – 05 (UR – 03, OBC (NCL) – 01, SC – 01, ST – 00, EWS – 00)
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical): Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)
- Diploma Trainee (Civil): Civil Engineering
Educational Qualification for PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2019
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical): Full Time Regular 3 Years Diploma from recognized Technical Board/ Institute with minimum 70% marks for General / OBC(NCL) / EWS applicants and pass marks for SC/ST.
- Diploma Trainee (Civil): Full Time Regular 3 Years Diploma from recognized Technical Board/ Institute with minimum 70% marks for General/OBC(NCL)/EWS/ ST candidates and pass marks for SC applicants.
Diploma Trainee (Electrical)
- 27 years for General/EWS
- 30 years for OBC (NCL)
- 32 years for SC/ST
Diploma Trainee (Civil)
- 27 years for General/ST/EWS
- 30 years for OBC(NCL)
- 32 years for SC
Check out Latest PSU Jobs
Reservation/Relaxation/Concession for SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS/PwD/Ex-Servicemen/J&K Domicile/Victims of Riots applicants shall be given as per Government of India guidelines as detailed below:
- OBC (NCL) – 03 years
- SC/ST – 05 years
- EWS – No Relaxation
- Ex-SM -(UR/EWS) – 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age
- Ex-SM – OBC(NCL) – 6 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age
- Ex-SM – SC/ST – 8 years (5 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age
- PwD-(UR/EWS) – 10 years
- PwD-OBC(NCL) – 10+3 Years
- PwD(SC/ST) – 10+5 Years
- Applicants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st Jan, 1980 to 31st Dec., 1989 OR Children and dependent of Victims of Riots.
- UR/EWS – 5 years
- OBC (NCL) – (5+3) = 8 years
- SC/ST – (5+5) = 10 years
For Posts Not reserved for OBC (NCL), SC, ST & Ex-SM, PWD, EWS
- ST applicants applying for Post ID 6 – No Relaxation
- EWS applicants applying for Post ID 6 – No Relaxation
- PwD applicants applying for Post ID 6 [UR/ST/SC/OBC(NCL)/EWS] – 10 years
- Ex-SM applicants applying for Post ID 6 [UR/ST/SC/OBC(NCL)/EWS] – 3 years
Check out UPSC Assistant Commandant Exam 2019
Selection Criteria for PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2019
- Selection Procedure: Only Written Test/Computer Based Test shall be conducted.
- Type of Written Test: The Written Test shall be of Objective type (each question shall have four options) of two hours duration consisting of two parts –
- Part-I consists of Technical Knowledge Test/Professional Knowledge Test (TKT/PKT) with 120 questions having specific questions from respective discipline.
- Part-II consists of Aptitude Test (AT) with 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, data sufficiency & interpretation, numerical ability etc.
- All questions would be MCQ type with 4 options and carry equal weightage (1 mark each). Wrong & multiple answers would result in negative marks of ¼. Candidates shall have the option for appearing in the Written Test in Hindi or English.
Qualifying Criteria in Written Test:
- Unreserved – Minimum of 40% marks subject to at least 30% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately
- Reserved – Minimum of 30% marks subject to at least 25% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately
Check out NPCIL Recruitment 2019
- Candidates who have secured at least 40% in UR category and 30% in reserved category in Written Test shall only be eligible for empanelment.
- The Computer Based Test shall be held at the following Test Centres
- Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Candidates will have to choose the test centre nearest to their address for communication and no change will be allowed subsequently. Admission to the test will be on production of Admit Card. Candidates have to download their Admit Cards through our application portal. Admit Card will not be sent by Post. POWERGRID reserves the right to change/cancel test centres depending upon number of candidates
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Pay Scale
- Compensation package during training period and on regularization
- Stipend during training period –25000/- pm
- Designation & Level on successful completion of training period – Junior Engineer Gr-IV at S1 level in Supervisory category
- Basic pay on Regularisation – 25000/- in the pay-scale of Rs.25000-117500/- (IDA)
- Besides the above, the compensation package also includes IDA, HRA and other allowances, benefits such as monthly conveyance reimbursement, medical facilities, various insurance covers, Performance Related Pay, Leave encashment, CPF, Gratuity and various low interest short/long term advances as per rules in force from time to time.
Service Agreement Bond
- General/OBC (NCL)/EWS Candidates – Rs.50000/-,
- SC/ST/PwD Candidates – Rs.25000/-
- Fees – Rs.300/ for others
- SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental candidates need not pay the Application Fee regardless of the post being reserved for them or not.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2019 Apply Online
How to Apply?
- Interested eligible applicants should apply only through On-line Registration System of POWERGRID. To apply logon to http://www.powergridindia.com → Careers section → Job Opportunities→ Openings → Regional Recruitment → NR-1 Recruitments and then “Recruitment for the post of Diploma Trainee (Electrical/Civil) in NR-I”. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted. POWERGRID will not be responsible for bouncing back of any email sent to the applicant.
- Before registering and submitting their applications on the website, the applicant should possess a Valid Self E-mail ID, Alternate E-mail ID and Mobile number.
- Applicants are advised to upload the following documents while submitting online application in the space earmarked in the on-line application:
- Scanned copy of recent passport size color photograph max. (50kb) in .JPG format
- Scanned copy of signature max (30kb) in .JPG format
- Date of Birth Proof: Matric/ Birth Certificate (wherein DOB is mentioned) (max 1MB) in .pdf format
- Qualification Certificate (Diploma/ Degree) along with Mark Sheets of all years/semesters (max. 10MB) along with Proof of norms adopted by the University/ Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage (if applicable) (all Qualification Certificate & Mark Sheets are required to be scanned in .pdf format)
- Candidates working in Govt./ PSU are required to apply through proper channel and need to upload “No Objection Certificate” from the present employer in .pdf format.
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed GOI format issued by Competent Authority (if applicable) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
- Disability Certificate in the prescribed GOI format issued by Competent Authority (if applicable) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge Certificate, Undertaking and Proforma of Certificate for Employed Officials in case of Ex-Servicemen in the prescribed format (if applicable ) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
- Domicile cum Age relaxation certificates for Candidates from J&K State/ Riots Victim in the prescribed GOI format issued by Competent Authority (if applicable) (max. 1MB) in .pdf format
- Employment Exchange Registration Certificate/ Receipt (if applicable) (1MB) in .pdf format.
- Applicants are advised to take a print out of the submitted online application and note down the user ID and password generated at the time of online registration. On further announcement of dates for the written test, the eligible applicants shall download Admit cards from the POWERGRID website for appearing in the screening test. In case the candidate qualifies the written test and is called for further verification process then at that time the candidate is required to produce the above uploaded documents in original.
- Information regarding this recruitment process shall be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website. Applicants are advised to check the website periodically for updates.
Payment of Application Fees
- After successful completion of registration applicants shall receive an email with details of their Login ID, Password and other information. Applicant is required to login to career page through applicant login link available on job opportunities section (Go to Careers> Job Opportunities>Openings> Regional Openings > Concerned advertisement & applicant login link).
- A button shall be available on the login page which will guide the applicant to payment gateway. Applicant will be automatically directed to payment gateway website and return back to POWERGRID website automatically on completion of transaction.
- Online payment can be made through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
- If the transaction is successful, the online payment button will disappear and transaction confirmation will appear. If the transaction fails and the amount is deducted, the candidates will have to wait for 2 hours to check any update in status on his/ her candidate login home page. In case of no change, he/ she will have to send mail stating the issue and quoting his/ her POWERGRID Registration No. Payment once done cannot be refunded. Hence candidates are advised not to wait till last date for submission of application or payment of fees.
- Also, applicants should keep the following documents ready with themselves for any future requirement. (Self-attested copies):
- Copy of online generated resume
- Documents related to Essential Qualification (Passing Certificate & Mark sheets.)
- Documents related to Other Qualifications (Passing Certificate and Mark sheets)
- Proof of norms adopted by the University/ Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage.
- Proof of Date of Birth(X class certificate/ Birth Certificate)
- Caste (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS) Certificate for claiming Reservation/ Relaxation/concessions (as applicable)
- Discharge Certificate (If applicable)
- Disability Certificate (If applicable)
- Any other relevant document
- Applicants should submit only single application for a post and application once submitted cannot be altered. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. POWERGRID will not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the applicants.
- Applicants are advised to make a note of their e-mail ID as entered in the application form and Registration Number generated at the top right hand corner of the ‘Resume’. These would be required for accessing information through applicant login during the later stage of the recruitment process.
- Once applied, the applicants are advised to check the web site as well as their registered e-mail regularly for any updates.
- The admit card indicating Roll Number, Name of the allocated Test Center and guidelines for the test will be made available on our website to the applicants found apparently eligible based on the online data only
- The applicant has to download his/her Admit card, Test Guidelines etc. for appearing in the test from the website only. Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post.
- All information regarding this recruitment will be made available on the website: http://www.powergridindia.com and no separate communication shall be made. Applicants must constantly visit website http://www.powergridindia.com for information regarding dates of written test, downloading of admit card, result of written test, medical standards etc.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Opening Date of Online Submission of Applications & Online Payment of Application Fees 26th November 2019 (10.00 AM)
- Closing Date of Online Submission of Applications & Online Payment of Application Fees 16th December 2019 (23:59 Hrs)
- Cut-Off Date for the purpose of computation of Eligibility Criteria & other Norms viz. Upper Age Limit, Qualification, etc. 16th December 2019
- Date of Written Test: Will be notified separately on the website
Also check out SAIL Management Trainee Recruitment 2019