Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) 2021 (2nd)
OSSTET 2021 – The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha has released the 2nd Phase Notification for Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) on the Official Site. Registration for OSSTET 2021 (2nd) shall be opened from 12nd Nov to 20th November 2021 midnight. Submission of online application form along with deposit of fee shall have to be completed by 20th November 2021 midnight.
Check below for more detailed information about application form, eligibility, exam date etc.
OSSTET 2nd Phase Notification
- Who Offered: Board of Secondary Education, Odisha
- Exam Name: Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET)
- Status: Notification Released
Also See: UPTET 2022 Application Form
OSSTET 2021 Important Dates
- Starting Date for Apply Online: 20th November 2021 at 08:00 AM
- Last Date to Apply Online: 20th November 2021 till 11:45 PM
- OTET Admit Card Issue Date: To be announced
- OSSTET 2021 Exam Date: To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for OSSTET 2021
- Before filling the application, the form candidate should go through the eligibility criteria first. If the candidate will not fully fill all the eligibility criteria then that candidate will not be allowed to appear in the exam. From below candidates can see the Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Candidates must hold Indian Citizenship.
- Read and Write: Candidates must be able to read and write in Odia language.
OSSTET 2021 Qualification
- He/she must have passed HSC Exam conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or an equivalent exam conducted by any other State Board or Central Board (like CBSE, ICSE) with Odia as a language subject i.e. First/ Second or Third Language
- He/she must have passed +2/ Higher Secondary Exam conducted by Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha with Odia as an examinable subject
- He must have passed Odia Exam of HSC/ 10th Standard Single Subject Exam conduct by the B.S.E., Odisha. In case the candidate desire to be language teacher like Hindi/ Classical Teachers (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu), passing Odia Exam of 07th / 08th Standard conducted by BSE, Odisha shall be allowed
- The examination will be conducted in two different parts for the prospective teachers in two different categories such as:
- Category I: Education Teachers (Trained Graduate Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/ Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Telgu).
- Category II: Physical Education Teacher.
Also See: HP TET 2021 Notification
OSSTET 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- The Information Brochure and Online Application Form are available in the website bseodisha.ac.in
- Syllabus of the entrance examination is available in the website as well as in the Information Brochure
Instruction to Apply
- Step 1: On visiting the website, “Log in to your account” screen shall be displayed.
- Step 2: If you have already registered, enter your registered phone number & Password and Login to enter, otherwise click on “Click Here for New Registration” to register.
- Step 3: On clicking “Click Here for New Registration”, Registration OSSTET-2021 (2nd) page will be displayed on the screen where you have to enter your Name, Password (to be created by you), re-type the password, enter Mobile No., e-Mail ID & caste category and then “Submit”. The candidate should enter his/ her correct caste.
- Step 4: After clicking “Submit Button” you will be directed again to the “Login to you Account” screen where you have to enter your phone number & Password (created by you) and Login.
- Step 5: After “Login” you will have to enter verification code which shall be sent in your registered mobile number and thereafter click on “Verify” button.
- Step 6: Before going for payment, please read Eligibility Criteria as per Guidelines of OSSTET 2021 (2nd). If you are not eligible, do not make payment. Fee once paid shall not be refunded.
- Step 7: Enter all the mandatory fields and upload the required certificates/ documents/ photos in jpg/jpeg/.jpg/.png file within the specified size. Thereafter click ‘SUBMIT’ button to go to the next stage i.e. “Eligibility Criteria”.
- Step 8: Enter all the required fields under “Eligibility Criteria” and ‘SUBMIT’ to go to the next stage i.e. “Educational Qualification”.
- Step 9: Once “YES – FINAL SUBMIT” button is clicked, the candidate can no more edit any information already filled.
Also See: CTET 2022 Application Form
OSSTET 2021 Exam Fee
- For General/OBC/SEBC Category – Rs.500/-
- For SC/ST Category – Rs.300/-
OSSTET 2021 Exam Pattern
- There shall be two papers of the OSSTET viz Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Persons having requisite academic and training qualifications as per Category-I have to appear in Paper –I of the Exam
- Persons having requisite academic and training qualification as per Category–II have to appear in Paper-II of the Exam
- The Duration of the Test in each paper shall be 2 hours and 30 minutes
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which one is correct
- There shall be Four Sections in each paper
- In section-I, Language I, Odia shall be compulsory for all categories of posts
- In section-II, Language II, English shall be compulsory for all categories of posts
- In section-III, under stream TGT (Arts) and TGT (Science for both PCM & CBZ), the questions shall be in English. The questions in other streams like Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu) and Hindi Teacher shall be in respective languages/ scripts
- Questions in Section III for Paper-II (Category-II – Physical Education Teacher) shall be from the contents of C.P.Ed and B.P.Ed. Course and shall be in English
- Minimum pass mark in each paper is 60%. A person securing 60% or more in each paper shall be considered to have qualified OSSTET. In case of SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates the minimum pass mark shall be 50%
Issue of Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Successful candidates shall be awarded OSSTET Pass Certificate by the B.S.E., Odisha
OSSTET 2021 Syllabus
- Detail syllabus for subject of both the papers of OSSTET have been prepared by the Director, TE and SCERT, Odisha in consultation with BSE, Odisha and is available in the websites bseodisha.ac.in & www.bseodisha.nic.in of B.S.E., Odisha
OSSTET 2021 Admit Card
- After completion of the application process, admit cards for the exam will be released
- The candidates who will fill the application form in time will be able to download the admit card from the official website at nic.in